• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damn'. Daniel A was one of the most brilliant minds among us. I ever wondered at what he might be achieving IRL, as sure he was meant to commit the same intelligence, reasonning and dedication to whatever he was doing.

We sure will miss him, as well as his sound analysis on the inner workings of this game. May he rest in peace, or whatever his personal beliefs were.

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring.
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red!
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up! For you the flag is flung, for you the bugle trills:
For you bouquets and ribboned wreaths, for you the shores a-crowding:
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head;
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchor'd safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won!
Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

God, this is a shock. Didn't know until today I opened this thread.

It's truly a strange and sad feeling knowing that a person whom you played a session with only a couple of months ago passed away.

Even though I only played one session with you, Daniel, know that I'll miss you.

Rest in peace.

I dident Know you Daniel, but i hope like the rest of us that you will rest in peace. :(

I haven't taken part in this forum, nor did I play in any of the MP games since several months, but last week I contacted Absolut, in order to ask him of any news. I also asked him about Daniel and the answer was a shock!

I liked Daniel, he was a rare personality and I think we had a lot of common interests. Moreover he has been my permanent ally in the few MP games I have played here. Not only am I going to miss playing in a game he participated, but also our chats about classical music and history between the planning of the coming game turn.

A smart person with profound knowledge he was.

Rest in peace, Daniel.

Last edited:
Daniel was one of the first forum members to introduce me to the multiplayer community. I always pictured a young man for some reason. He was exceptionally polite, and he is one of a select few members whose names I recognize well. Here's to a great player.

Daniel,

Though I have not had the pleasure of sharing your company I do feel blessed to know you through the wonderful statements that your friends have made in this thread.

I have always thought that everyone lives on in the hearts and souls of others that they have met in their lives. The sentiments shown here reinforces the fact that I have missed out on an excellent opportunity to know you. Therefore I am at a loss.

Rest easy knowing that you have touched so many and enriched us all.

Corey

Does anyone know why Daniel A has "banned" on posts bearing his name? :confused:

Absolut said:
Because he was banned from the forums.
That ban should be lifted considering his death.

Absolut said:
Because he was banned from the forums.
Thanks, I didn't think he would do anything to get banned.

Oh my God :(
I am so shocked :(
I have known this only today
Daniel A...omg
rest in peace mate :(

I am sorry for posting late, but I just now found out...

Daniel A was one of my favorite players and people in the EUII community. When he first started MP, I promised to protect him in an game to convince him to play. He was always so eloquently courteous and intelligent.

Rest in peace, danny boy. :(

Damocles said:
I am sorry for posting late, but I just now found out...

Daniel A was one of my favorite players and people in the EUII community. When he first started MP, I promised to protect him in an game to convince him to play. He was always so eloquently courteous and intelligent.

Rest in peace, danny boy. :(
Same here :(
I remember I got into a big argument about trade years ago, and he seemed like a very smart guy.

RIP :(

I found out few months ago, but I never knew that Daniel has his memorial thread here, so I feel obliged to post here too. I played with him, and I can second other opinions about his well manners, he was specific player and probably interesting man in reality, I hope that he is in better place now.

R.I.P. Daniel

Good Lord. I only found out today reading this thread.

Safe journey.

Aye.

I just found this and I am really saddened...

I will post this event in his memory; I feel the obligation to do so because it is nice to say good things about those who passed away, but it is better when you give evidence of the kindness of a man's character.

IIRC, it is on 2003. I am a newbie and I play one my first EU2 MP games. I play as Denmark, and I am allied to Sweden (played by a veteran player) and Portugal (played by Daniel). After some years in the game, Sweden backstabs me, and I face total destruction. Daniel had previously warned me, but I didn't listen. Even then, Daniel spent so much time explaining me what I should do, and always showed respect to me, even If I was a newbie. He also spent all his resources, and his chance to win the game, in order to help me defend against Sweden, England, and Spain. Only because I was a newbie and he was pissed that an experienced player took advantage of that.

This was my little interaction I had with him, and sometimes I remember of this event when I have to face inexperienced people (not only in games, but everywhere) in need of a guidance.

Rest in Peace Daniel.