• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've just heard about this now - very sad indeed. Daniel was probably the best ever economic EU2 player in MP, and his military and diplomatic skills were none too shabby either. He had a very competitive edge, and could be extremely ruthless at times, but he never carried over any grievances from one game to the other. Indeed I fought against him many times, because he was so damn good at becoming the most powerful country (regardless of where he started), and having to contain his power. Certainly he will greatly missed in the EU2 MP scene.

Daniel, may you rest in peace. :(

I never knew you and I've never even played Eu2 online...nevertheless, from what I have read, it is obvious you were a great man. Rest in peace Daniel Auby. This whole thread has made me extremely sad. :(

Wow. That is shocking. I never knew him personally, but to lose any player is awful. :( Rest in peace.

I came back to the eu2 community after a year of military service this spring and the first person that contacted me for a perm place was Daniel. I have played in two games with him since then and in both we have been talking each session on TS. I can't say I really knew him but we still talked and had fun during the session and noone has taught me more about eu2 mp than he has.

Since I got back he has been a part of my eu2 gaming experience, always there to give advice and help out a new player and keep us all entertained on TS.

Daniel, you will be sincerely missed.

What a shock, when I watched some sigs I thought that he retired from the EU2 comunity, and when someone told me that he was like 50 years old I thought it was a joke. Never expected this...

R.I.P. Daniel

:(

I miss you. From you I learned what I should do in EU2MP. How to play smart and economic and peaceful. It saddens me that when I finally get around to become active once more, this sad sad news was waiting for me.

Found out about it during Gamlasemlans MP earlier tonight, while talking to cobjor. Never thought that you, Daniel A, my name-sharer, would leave such a gap in my heart, I will cry for you, I will pray for you.

Now I cry for you, now I pray for you.

Be in peace, you will be remembered.

Daniel A. is definitely a friend to be missed. He and I chatted frequently about WC strategies especially for Albania and later Assam. I am sad to have lost such a comrade.