• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Craddie

Recruit
Jul 24, 2020
I wanted to build a new cell block and then sunndenly the workers seems like to dance.They run about 20 blocks right and left,then turn back and run again about 20 blocks-looks like dancing.While that happens,many of them,which not dancing dont work properly and dont build anything.Maybe its a Bug,sure its possible that I maked this error with a wall or something,but I dont think so...
Oh and no Mods a activated!
In this Video I show how the Bug:

Best regards,
Craddie

After reinstalling the Game,the same result
I can confirm that there was a few issues during the testing of IB related to pathfinding that were similar to this but most of they the devs fixed.

can you check if the pipe that they want to build is not blocked? I mean the one from supplies that should be in the delivery room. This issue sometimes happens when you wall off a box with supplies and workmen can't reach it.

I can confirm that there was a few issues during the testing of IB related to pathfinding that were similar to this but most of they the devs fixed.

can you check if the pipe that they want to build is not blocked? I mean the one from supplies that should be in the delivery room. This issue sometimes happens when you wall off a box with supplies and workmen can't reach it.

here I check that and some more ideas I thought that maybe could help to identify the issue:

Soz for late reply - yeah, it looks like the box with pipes that have to be installed up there is in some place they can't reach. They can build in other places because they use free pipes that are not used and queued for anything else.

I'd start looking for walled off areas, the box with pipes should be there but you won't see it unless you turn off FoW.

it could be bugged, the same way as during the testing, but just make sure there's no any boxes walled off please.
This behavior in general should not happen as the area should be marked as "failed" with red X on the tiles that can not be constructed. Hopefully this gets improved at some point.

Soz for late reply - yeah, it looks like the box with pipes that have to be installed up there is in some place they can't reach. They can build in other places because they use free pipes that are not used and queued for anything else.

I'd start looking for walled off areas, the box with pipes should be there but you won't see it unless you turn off FoW.

it could be bugged, the same way as during the testing, but just make sure there's no any boxes walled off please.
This behavior in general should not happen as the area should be marked as "failed" with red X on the tiles that can not be constructed. Hopefully this gets improved at some point.

-I am absolutely sure.I looked around for cargos outside the storage and deliveries-nothing.
-I dismantled all doors there-no change.
-I deleted both areas and repositioned them but always the same:The workers already dancing/don´t know what they should do.
-I tried to build several objects around the Prison but here the same again.

Last edited:
You may wanna attach the save file to this thread so the devs can investigate it if they want.
As I said, this was an issue during the testing and the devs fixed it back then. Looks like there is something else that can cause similar behaviour.