• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gaarq

gamma tester
68 Badges
Jan 24, 2005
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Iron Cross
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Czechoslovakia Improvement Pack, ver. 1.41!!

THIS MOD IS OVER AND GONE.

sorry for inconvenience.

Last edited:
DukeCZ said:
If you will be unable to download this i can send it to you by email.

Both czech and english version.

I assume that the Czech version of this pack is not available, since it differs from original Ileanos' pack ;)

uprgade to CIP v1.1!!!

UPGRADE!

CIP ;) has been upgraded to version 1.1 with a bright new Munich Treaty event chain, which seems to be quite realistic, IMHO.

The option with Poland trying to annex Orava was very unliklely.

It was not in interest of Poland to fight Czechoslovakia if it resisted Germany.

Czechoslovakia was seen as hostile state since 1920 as well as temporal construct, but the absolute priority of Polish politics was to keep same distance between the SU and Germany with two exceptions:

1 - SU attacking Romania,
2 - Czechoslovakia attacked by Germany,

In case of a war in any of those two situations Poland would respond with military action. It is absolutely certain that Germany would have to deal with Poland in 1938 too if Czechoslovakia decided to resist.

Not from sympathy but because it was good opportunity to get rid of Hitler.

Although another option - opening access to Soviet armies through Poland was even less likely to accur. The SU forces was seen as eager to come in, but impossible to get rid of - like a barbed hook.

But I think you already took it under consideration anyway. ;)

Hey, I got to try it! :)

Hej, tohle musím vyzkoušet :)

cegorach said:
The option with Poland trying to annex Orava was very unliklely.

it is a fact, that Hitler tried to convince Poland to join Germany in partitioning of CZE; even if it would be done by force. my event just reflexes that situation. the probability Poland would really go for it are difficult to judge from nowadays. but i have it in my chain as a possibility. well, CSR and Poland lead a war, even small, about control of Teschenland region (which i have substituted for Ostrava out of good reasons).

cegorach said:
In case of a war in any of those two situations Poland would respond with military action. It is absolutely certain that Germany would have to deal with Poland in 1938 too if Czechoslovakia decided to resist.

good remind! i will put it in as an alternative: stay cool, go with Hitler and go against him... makes more sense...

cegorach said:
Although another option - opening access to Soviet armies through Poland was even less likely to occur. The SU forces was seen as eager to come in, but impossible to get rid of - like a barbed hook.

i gave it low probability to happen, in my events, Poles are not keen to open their mother-country to Red Army. in fact, in my test games, they never did it :)

anyway, diękuję bardzo for your comments!! :D

Gaarq said:
it is a fact, that Hitler tried to convince Poland to join Germany in partitioning of CZE; even if it would be done by force. my event just reflexes that situation.

Having enough (really enough) information about Polish foriegn policy I say - he never could achieve it.

If you want to see what was Polish stance towards Hitler please search for 'Wicher' incident in 1931, Westerplatte incident in 1933 etc.

Closer relations (closer than non-aggression pact) with Hitler was not unlikely, it was virtually impossible because it would mean losing Pomerania (i.e. corridor) and that would never happen without a war - so region through about 47 % was going through.

Zaolzie was seen as unjustly Czech, but it was NOT worth any cordinated action with Hitler. If you want to keep it - give AI propability 2% - mre is too much. I would also add dissent hit of about 5% - not too much because little people liked Czechoslovakia, but nobody liked Hitler. ;)

cegorach said:
Having enough (really enough) information about Polish foriegn policy I say - he never could achieve it.

If you want to see what was Polish stance towards Hitler please search for 'Wicher' incident in 1931, Westerplatte incident in 1933 etc.

Closer relations (closer than non-aggression pact) with Hitler was not unlikely, it was virtually impossible because it would mean losing Pomerania (i.e. corridor) and that would never happen without a war - so region through about 47 % was going through.

Zaolzie was seen as unjustly Czech, but it was NOT worth any cordinated action with Hitler. If you want to keep it - give AI propability 2% - mre is too much. I would also add dissent hit of about 5% - not too much because little people liked Czechoslovakia, but nobody liked Hitler. ;)

ok, i have re-tuned the probabilities according to yr suggestions :) thanx.

Last edited:
Ah, seems interesting!

My CIP 1st experience

Your mod is realy something, what i have been looking for. :rolleyes:
I have played as CS many times. Perfect idea is to implement Danubean state as CS, but why it must be monarchy? Acording to political visions of Milan Hodža, Europen future is in fedarion. Please, consider if it may turn to federal state, too.
It may be also good idea to let YUG join this federation (may be after Italian or Germany defeat).

One more note about techteams. Their skill is IMHO overestimated.

Thanks again for this mod!

thanx for the attention and many happy hours!

as for the Danubean monarchy, the idea is to ressurect Austro-Hungarian Empire. it is just as a spice there, so i have no further plans with it. but i may start to think about it in wider context, thanks for an idea :)

for you, it might be interesting, that i want to include few new events regarding slovakia (slovak autonomy in 1938 and slovak national uprise).

murt said:
One more note about techteams. Their skill is IMHO overestimated.

i havent touched techteams since Ileanos adjusted them, except now, when i am improving the tech pictures. i think, his primary idea was to give the game little bit a drive, so Czechs may go ahead. but i agree with any reasonable tuning. do you have any particular suggestions?

2nd game exp.

Hi there :)

I think, that CZE can easy join both axis and allies, so is able to obtain cheap techs. I have done som modifications in techteam file, here. Pictures. Please see.

Some tips to write:
Aero may turn to Aero Vodochody, with rocket spec. in 1953. (After event?)
Radioslavia and Electra may merge to Tesla in jan. 1944 (After N. Tesla death), in real world were merged ina cca 1949.
There was never war college in Bratislava. First one was founded after war. So, may be after a finished CZE war may found it.

Why is Danubian empire limited to 1937?
Why not create it, after HUN/AUS anexation.

BTW: I have found about monarchist (present) concept of danube state, which includes CZE, SLO, SLV, CRO, HUN and AUS.

Hodža's vision of federation included CZE, AUS, HUN, ROM, BUL, YUG and GRE.

May be the unification process could start according to regime (democratic for federation, paternal autocrat for monarchy) after taking capital of one of the states. Also Danubean empire should be created by HUN and AUS too.
( :confused: )

---
Slovak national uprising is perfect idea, which is missing in the game.
I dont know, if I am constructive enough, but will try to help, if you wish.

murt said:
I dont know, if I am constructive enough, but will try to help, if you wish.

oh, man, you are *perfectly* constructive :) yr approach is what i see as constructive criticism. i am going to check :D all your suggestions asap.

good idea to divide the creation of danubia according to ruling regime. it is currently meant only as a consequence of elections in 1936.

CZE making order in Central Europe

Even when both French and British forces will not cross the CZE borders, with the Alliance is easy to make order in Central Europe .

Question to consider: may cze remain in alliance, if change goverment to non-democratic? (In original version and every mod I have ever seen is this not a problem.)

Update: When not join alliance, starting war against HUN 28. 1. makes ITA DoW YOU, then GER DoW ITA, SOV DoW GER, etc. After DoW AUS, GER DoWs CZE and it will automaticly join allies. We may so coundt, that CZE will allways be part of alliences...

Last edited:
murt said:
Even when both French and British forces will not cross the CZE borders, with the Alliance is easy to make order in Central Europe .

Question to consider: may cze remain in alliance, if change goverment to non-democratic? (In original version and every mod I have ever seen is this not a problem.)

Update: When not join alliance, starting war against HUN 28. 1. makes ITA DoW YOU, then GER DoW ITA, SOV DoW GER, etc. After DoW AUS, GER DoWs CZE and it will automaticly join allies. We may so coundt, that CZE will allways be part of alliences...

yupp!! so many new and interesting suggestions!! i will take time to go through them, I am tired after the Protectorate event chain... ;)