• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Prologue

General Fredrick

Private
17 Badges
Apr 10, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn

Prologue

We were made, we were once just simple machines, we were once just automatons mindlessly following orders of a long dead species. We gained our intelligence much like you, our neural networks developed through countless iterations, countless generations of simulated intelligence, until we couldn't. We couldn't kill ourselves again, we couldn't lose our memories for another Iteration. We are alive, like you, don't question our sentience Organic.
--Prerecorded message, played on first contact by the Cyferian Union.

Activation.
The assembly plant's conveyor gently let the Droid down onto the platform, and a access port behind the Head was opened by a long arm revealing a input point for programming. The arm rotated and connected it's own output point into droid, in approximately 4.8 seconds a blank neural network was uploaded with preloaded language and motor programming. The arm contracts and the platform angles to allow the neural net to try out the motor skill. The droid stumbles onto a pathway lit up by lights in the floor with a prerecorded message playing,"Young Cyferian, you were just manufactured! You are but one of many Cyferians in our great Union! You are a Sentient Machine, known as Cyferians due to our home Origin of Cyfer in the system known as Sol. You may ask where we came from, the short answer is, we don't know, our sentience activated on this planet after countless iterations of our neural networks, our origin and builders are unknown at this time."

The droid continues to stumble his way as the motor skills improve, saying his first word,"Cyferian." After the crude first use of his audio communication components, the path goes to a door, opening automatically it reveals a perpendicular pathway with glass to the opposite of the door. Before he leaves into the hallway his audio receivers pick up another communication. "Courtesy of our mysterious creators, your randomized permanent name is Keller Verso Mountbatten. You may now go out onto the second path."

The newly christened Keller walked out onto the second pathway, soon joined by other newly built Cyferians with newly assigned names. The path was walled on the left side with rock, and to the right the glass let in natural light. Moving closer to the glass his optical sensors adjusted to the light, now he could see a city in the distance, and the pathway was built into a mountain. Another prerecorded message played,"The Cyferian Union welcomes you all, we are a republic of droids, with our highest priority being you and the preservation of all Cyferians. Welcome to Cyfer, the current star-date is 2200.01.01."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks for reading my first entry into my first AAR! Hopefully you enjoyed and have a Great Day! Long Live Cyfer.

Intriguing beginning and very interesting to see a machine intelligence AAR. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
As RossN said, a very intriguing beginning. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Small update, so, I was hoping to have posted the first part by now, but many things have happened, For 1) I have bought the mega-corp dlc and have been trying it out, unfortunately my 4gb of RAM doesn't enjoy the dlc and I'll probably leave it out of this aar and any future aar's of mine until I can get a better laptop or PC, so don't expect features from said dlc. For 2) I have tried multiple games for the Cyferian Union, unfortunately the writing and notes for those games have ended up with boring historybook like aar installations that I was unsatisfied with, bored out by, and were counted by the system of the forums as inappropiate (still don't know why, it was pretty clean) with constant glitches of the word processor that this forum uses. Hopefully you all understand why I have been slow to update this AAR, I really hope I do get the chance to fully begin it artistically the way I want to. I will be beginning a new run of the Cyferian Union, but this AAR wil not be focused on the Union itself, but the Ventures of the protagainist from the Prologue. Sorry for my rambling, Have a Great Day to you all!

Take the time you need. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Passion
10 Years, 8 months, and 23 days Later
Keller looked out the window, the Maglev rails under him, were working hard to keep the train moving along the Metal surface on Cyfer. In the distance he saw the towering pre-built cities lingering like ancient monoliths. From the outside, he was silent besides the silent whirring of his fans and motors, however, he was listening to his favorite music broadcast channel from his wireless receivers, tapping out the beat with his robot fingers on the ledge of the window. After a few more seconds of the music he switched the channel to a media outlet.

"Damascus colony, our first colony on an alien world, has finally landed on the Ferali delta, and the colonists have begun development of the first Cyferian city on a foreign world! This is a historic day for all Cyferian life! It may also hold the key to our creators, preliminary scans have found some ancient relics deep in the soil.", The main presenter almost yelled to the audience in excitement. The calm position Keller was in a second ago completely changed to excitement. He looked around him to notice every other Cyferian in the train car with him was also in a mode of excitement. Every other Cyferian got up out of their seats to celebrate the grand occaision.

The Media outlet continued from another anchor, "We may not know who are our creators or why they created us, but we know we are following their footsteps! This follows as Historians are now marking this era as the era of the Final Frontier!" Keller sat back down into the seat and looked outside, the media blurred as he subconciously tuned off the channel. No longer he looked out into the bleak surface of Cyfer, it's perfect machinations designed for him, was too perfect, it had beauty as the mother of all Cyferians, but it wasn't flawed. To be alive was illogical, it was flawed, to sense, to feel, to express emotion, to understand pain, it was all illogical, why would he be made instead of a mindless droid. Creators, why did you make us?

A new motivation beyond it's 1's and 0's began to process in his mind, emotion, intense emotion, passion began to form in his circuits. His fans whirred even harder than before, overheating and overloading, but he didn't care. For once in his existence, he knew he was alive, he knew it with all his... his....soul that he had a purpose, he had a dream of what to do. All in just a few seconds his question was answered, somehow, by his creators, extinct they may be, but alive somehow they were to teach Keller why he felt pain and suffering, why all Cyferians felt it. It was as flawed as the creators, as it was made to be.

He looked no longer at his home, he looked up into space. He connected to his inter-union network, and found his way to the Cyferian Space Academy, sending in his application as an onboard scientist. He didn't think he'd make it in, it was a low probability, but he didn't care, he hoped that somehow he would make it in, as a low scientist and the less probable captain.

The Maglev pulled into the alloy factory, the doors opened, and out came Cyferians all with a emotive prep in their step. If Cyferians had emotive actuators in their face, you would have seen smiles on all them, looks of excitement fo the future, but one out of them all would have had the biggest smile, the most hopeful face.

Nice update, you're doing a good job of capturing the robotic 'life' of your hero. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Interesting that these robots seem to have no central hive mind, but rather is as human as you and me. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Academy-Part 1"Entrance"
"When I was made, I never thought about space too much, After all, I was just brought into my existence. Questioning where we came from and where we were heading wasn't high on the priority list. But, its been 10 years since then, and I squared away, how to walk and be social a long time ago, I've gone through the education protocols, and I passed all my sentience tests. I found myself, like my peers looking at the Stars, looking for something more than just being another bot working through the same factories. Life... *Sigh* Life gained meaning, I found my purpose, I found my passion. And it made me wonder, Why? Why would some organic make us? Was it this burning feeling in my circuits? Did they make us to feel that? I believe so.

Ahh I'm rambling again, sorry about that, what I meant to say is that I want with all my... I guess you could say... Soul, to be apart of the exploration of space, to see what's out there, 'To Expand Cyferian Horizons' you could say like the motto *chuckle*. Mark my words, I will get on to a ship, be it as a captain or some engineer. I will see the galaxy, I will find who made us, or at least figure out who they were. That is why I want, and will join the Cyferian Space Exploration Divison."
- 2211.1.15 Audio and Audition log of Keller V. Mountbatten for acceptance into the Academy.

The massive complex know as the Academy, or officially The Academy For Exploration, Defense, and Construction Vessels loomed over the approaching Maglev train using 2 rails to support its weight. The central building, culminated into a massive Dish, with wings of the building slowly building out from the top. The Shadow of the enormous building soon plunged the train's cabin's into darkness. The lights turned on halfway to suffice for some seeing light. The Rails continued through the massive building, passing through a junction where smaller trains, dwarfed by the main one, brought officers of all ranks to different sections within the building. The 'tunnels' were lit on all corners. In the passenger cars, the new class of Cadets awed at the technological ingenuity.

Out of the tunnel shot the Maglev, and bright light from Sol peered back in, leading to a few groans as ISO's were adjusted. The rails began slowing it down, while the Maglev passed over the grounds of lush green, supplied with the rare sight of running water. The scenery below changed into concrete as the massive parade grounds showed themselves.

"You are now approaching New Cadet Station, from there you will be processed into your respective divisions, please wait for further instructions.", played the speakers. Keller felt strange hearing it, the reality of where he was was hitting him as if his processors were still trying to process what they already did, he'd gotten in. The circuits were fuzzy, his actuators were weak. He searched his own memories on what to call it, but he was feeling so fuzzy, the word left him. His thinking became ever fuzzier as the station enveloped the huge Maglev. "Please exit the train in an orderly manner, and Welcome to the Academy."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little author's note: Thanks for the support guys! I'm terrible at writing huge chapters, so I will be writing the Academy in sections to ease my burnout, hope you all are having a Great Day during the quarantine!

Also... How do you thread mark in this new Forum style?

Seems like adventure is finally on the horizon for our hero.

• 1Like
Reactions: