Cyclops CP-10-HQ: Anyone Used It?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually the two bonus from CP-HQ and MAD seem to stack additive. Tried it out with both Mechs out - got hit by a regular AC20 and took 80 dmg, instead of 81 if the bonus were multiplicative. Not that it would make a huge difference.
Just done a fast quick test, jumping into the open and brace while having bulwark:
Code:
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] Actor m2R SOLO (d7b3b2a0-a5ea-449b-8f20-e75ec9593a8b.0) - !!! Damage Multiplier now 0.8099999 from DamageReductionMultiplierAll
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] WEAPON: LRM20 (ID 1) HITLOCATION: LeftTorso // Damage: 1.944
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] m2R SOLO takes 1.944 Damage to its LeftTorso from LRM20 (ID 1)
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Armor Damage: 1.944 / 158.056 || Now: 156.112

edit:
A couple rounds more:
Code:
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] Actor m2R SOLO (d7b3b2a0-a5ea-449b-8f20-e75ec9593a8b.0) - !!! Damage Multiplier now 0.8099999 from DamageReductionMultiplierAll
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] WEAPON: L Laser (ID 0) HITLOCATION: CenterTorso // Damage: 19.44
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] m2R SOLO takes 19.44 Damage to its CenterTorso from L Laser (ID 0)
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Armor Damage: 19.44 / 226.112 || Now: 206.672
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] WEAPON: AC/5 (ID 1) HITLOCATION: RightArm // Damage: 21.87
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] m2R SOLO takes 21.87 Damage to its RightArm from AC/5 (ID 1)
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Armor Damage: 21.87 / 43.21199 || Now: 21.34199
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] WEAPON: AC/10 (ID 0) HITLOCATION: RightTorso // Damage: 29.16
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] m2R SOLO takes 29.16 Damage to its RightTorso from AC/10 (ID 0)
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Armor Damage: 29.16 / 146.392 || Now: 117.232
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] WEAPON: AC/20 (ID 0) HITLOCATION: RightLeg // Damage: 48.6
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] m2R SOLO takes 48.6 Damage to its RightLeg from AC/20 (ID 0)
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Structure Damage: 48.6 / 64.61199 || Now: 16.01199
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== RightLeg Structure Degraded: Functional to NonFunctional
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Structure Damage: 0 / 16.01199 || Now: 16.01199

and again, but this time with no underlying damage reduction, only M2R/HQ in effect:
Code:
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] WEAPON: LRM10 (ID 0) HITLOCATION: CenterTorso // Damage: 3.24
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] m2R SOLO takes 3.24 Damage to its CenterTorso from LRM10 (ID 0)
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Armor Damage: 3.24 / 146.084 || Now: 142.844

Last edited:
and again, but this time with no underlying damage reduction, only M2R/HQ in effect:
Code:
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] WEAPON: LRM10 (ID 0) HITLOCATION: CenterTorso // Damage: 3.24
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] m2R SOLO takes 3.24 Damage to its CenterTorso from LRM10 (ID 0)
CombatLog.Damage [LOG] ==== Armor Damage: 3.24 / 146.084 || Now: 142.844
Hm, interesting. I can only say what i saw ingame: an "80" popping up around my mech after being hit by an AC20 with both MAD and CP-HQ out. But i didnt check this combatlog - i didnt even know it exists. How can i actually see that?

Hm, interesting. I can only say what i saw ingame: an "80" popping up around my mech after being hit by an AC20 with both MAD and CP-HQ out

BT seems to be always rounding down displayed dmg numbers iirc. This can be observed by LRMs vs 60% DR, showing 1 dmg dealt when actually doing 1.6. And for some reason I don't understand, the modifier here is 0.8099 instead of 0.81, so it displays 80 instead of 81.

Hm, interesting. I can only say what i saw ingame: an "80" popping up around my mech after being hit by an AC20 with both MAD and CP-HQ out. But i didnt check this combatlog - i didnt even know it exists. How can i actually see that?
As pointed before the UI is not very trustworthy (and not only with this issue).

For the log there are two ways to enable it that I can remember, one just for the combat log (and/or other types of log), google search for ´battletech enable combat log´; or enable the debug mode where you can also temporarily (for that session) enable the log from an overlay menu while in combat, search for ´battletech enable debug mode´.

I tested out the new Cyclops, but ultimately found it inferior to the old one. My Cyclops-Z runs a full JJ fit, a TAG++, a Narc++, two ERML++s, and two of the good Arm Actuators. It's a force-multiplier mech most of the time, with effectively only two slightly shorter-range Large Lasers as offense, but can quickly reposition just about anywhere to provide said force multiplication, and has a nasty melee attack for actually dealing damage. I know it's sub-optimal, but it's fun! I just wish it had at least one Support slot, since a melee mech without the ability to strip a second Evasion Chevron just feels wrong. I could probably fix that by replacing the +damage actuators with +stability ones, but I'm happy being able to deal 235 melee damage with a punch - can rip side torsos right off even Assault mechs, and core just about any Heavy by punching its reactor out through its back!

I tested out the new Cyclops, but ultimately found it inferior to the old one. My Cyclops-Z runs a full JJ fit, a TAG++, a Narc++, two ERML++s, and two of the good Arm Actuators. It's a force-multiplier mech most of the time, with effectively only two slightly shorter-range Large Lasers as offense, but can quickly reposition just about anywhere to provide said force multiplication, and has a nasty melee attack for actually dealing damage. I know it's sub-optimal, but it's fun! I just wish it had at least one Support slot, since a melee mech without the ability to strip a second Evasion Chevron just feels wrong. I could probably fix that by replacing the +damage actuators with +stability ones, but I'm happy being able to deal 235 melee damage with a punch - can rip side torsos right off even Assault mechs, and core just about any Heavy by punching its reactor out through its back!

I'm quite satisfied with my Cyclops HQ. I’ve set it up with a TAG++, a NARC++, an SRM-6+++, 5 ML++ (Dam) and an Heat Bank++ and has scored quite good combat performances so far – it even managed to headcap an 80-ton Awesome assault Mech!:D

I'm quite satisfied with my Cyclops HQ. I’ve set it up with a TAG++, a NARC++, an SRM-6+++, 5 ML++ (Dam) and an Heat Bank++ and has scored quite good combat performances so far – it even managed to headcap an 80-ton Awesome assault Mech!:D

This is similar to how I wanted to set up my Cyclops HQ. As fate would have it, I finished a Star League Marauder 2R just before I got the last piece of Cyclops HQ, and have been running with that instead. The base double heat sinks in the Marauder 2R make 6 ER Medium Laser++ and a UAC 10++ a workable build with a pilot with Coolant Vent. Marauders are such monsters for legging, CT coring, or headshotting it is hard not to keep one in your lance. And as other posters have commented, the quirks don't synergize well with the Cyclops HQ and Marauder having the same lance defensive bonuses.

When the Cyclops-HQ was released, I swore I read something that the bonus was +10% lance damage (offensive, not defensive) and I was drooling to get one working with a Marauder. I've never made a mod before, but I think a mod that made the lance quirk different between the Cyclops HQ and Marauder chassis would be pretty cool and create more tactical depth.

This is similar to how I wanted to set up my Cyclops HQ. As fate would have it, I finished a Star League Marauder 2R just before I got the last piece of Cyclops HQ, and have been running with that instead. The base double heat sinks in the Marauder 2R make 6 ER Medium Laser++ and a UAC 10++ a workable build with a pilot with Coolant Vent. Marauders are such monsters for legging, CT coring, or headshotting it is hard not to keep one in your lance. And as other posters have commented, the quirks don't synergize well with the Cyclops HQ and Marauder having the same lance defensive bonuses.

When the Cyclops-HQ was released, I swore I read something that the bonus was +10% lance damage (offensive, not defensive) and I was drooling to get one working with a Marauder. I've never made a mod before, but I think a mod that made the lance quirk different between the Cyclops HQ and Marauder chassis would be pretty cool and create more tactical depth.

Well, of course the Cyclpos HQ is intended for either my Elite Assault Command Lance or my Elite Assault Fire Lance. :cool:
As soon as I manage to get a MAD-2R, it'll of course immediately become my Elite Heavy Battle Lance's Command Mech! :D

Doesn't run a bit (too) hot?. Also unless you expect to overheat I don't understand why do you add the Heat Bank. And are you using JJs?. Because if you don't then it's going to be hard getting in & out of opfor's reach, and if you do then it is a hot cannon glass for not much gain imo.

Doesn't run a bit (too) hot?. Also unless you expect to overheat I don't understand why do you add the Heat Bank. And are you using JJs?. Because if you don't then it's going to be hard getting in & out of opfor's reach, and if you do then it is a hot cannon glass for not much gain imo.

You’re right, @Doctor Machete, I forgot to state it sports 3 JJ too. :(
Its alpha strike is quite low (248 dam, IIRC), and I expect it to overheat in combat, but it’s usually fielded along with my 402 alpha strike SDLF Highlander, my 592 alpha strike Atlas II and my Bull Shark M3 LRM boat, all of them with full JJ, and they regularly defeat any opfor and complete any contract quite readily.

Last edited:
I'm quite satisfied with my Cyclops HQ. I’ve set it up with a TAG++, a NARC++, an SRM-6+++, 5 ML++ (Dam) and an Heat Bank++ and has scored quite good combat performances so far – it even managed to headcap an 80-ton Awesome assault Mech

I recently decided to really give this mech a shot, and went with a similar setup.

Tag, Narc, SRM 4, 1 ER ML, 4 ML+++.

It is not a great mech, however it is a handy platform to get my greener pilots into the rotation and start earning them mission XP (hence the plus accuracy lasers)

The alpha damage is 195, while it carries about 1200 armor, the various perks all on a 4/6 mech, it is good enough to work with. Again my expectation isn't that it is supposed to be a superstar machine (the Marauder, Annihilator, or LRM boat of choice more easily fit that particular mold) But it is good enough to work with and it does add value to the other 3 mechs in the lance.

I prefer using this with a Sensor Lock pilot to add just a dash more utility.

I just got a cyclops HQ And I think it's actually great. The fact that it stacks with a marauder is incredible, +1 acc, and +1 int to whole lance, is amazing. I loaded it with 3xLRM 10+++ and 1xLRM 5+++, and stripped some armor. I have narc beacon++, and with a narc attached it does about 240 damage, and 140 stb damage. Not incredible, but with the other bonuses, a fantastic mech.

Reactions:
I just got a cyclops HQ And I think it's actually great. The fact that it stacks with a marauder is incredible, +1 acc, and +1 int to whole lance, is amazing. I loaded it with 3xLRM 10+++ and 1xLRM 5+++, and stripped some armor. I have narc beacon++, and with a narc attached it does about 240 damage, and 140 stb damage. Not incredible, but with the other bonuses, a fantastic mech.
If you're using NARC I think a full fledged LRM boat with ++dmg LRMs (instead of +++) definitely would be a much better choice. With a single 80 tube BSK-M3 you'd be doing 840 dmg, double the damage of two 70 tube Stalker or Highlander, which would already be high end LRM boats.

I went max armour, four +2 damage LRM 5s for the piffling weapons and spent the rest of the megre tonnage on arm mods, which brought it up to about 230-ish melee damage and it was a designated melee mech. Particularly useful in the hot environments where it swapped in for the -Z.

(My -Z version was a little more heavily armed, but also was as much punching as shooting, because it ran quite hot.)

I found the -Z and Marauder bonuses so useful, they stayed a permenant part of the lance until I got the -HQ, which allowed me to basically have both sets of special abilities (bar the called shots bonus) and take something heavier than the Marauder too.