• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Left

Corporal
29 Badges
Mar 26, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
One of the great things I enjoyed about Omerta was the ability to create our own gangster and build from there. Will Empire of Sin have an empire/gangster customization feature?

One of the great things I enjoyed about Omerta was the ability to create our own gangster and build from there. Will Empire of Sin have an empire/gangster customization feature?
The youtube trailer description says that the game is a character driven strategy game. So at least, if it will not customizable (and I think it will), the single person is the center of the game.

One problem I generally have with gangster games in this vein is your main character is always named Francisco Spaghetti Linguine or something stupid like that. I would love it if this game doesn’t focus solely on the Italian mob. Given the setting is supposed to be Chicago I would like to see the option to play as Irish, Polish, or Jewish factions as well as the standard Italian mobsters.

One problem I generally have with gangster games in this vein is your main character is always named Francisco Spaghetti Linguine or something stupid like that. I would love it if this game doesn’t focus solely on the Italian mob. Given the setting is supposed to be Chicago I would like to see the option to play as Irish, Polish, or Jewish factions as well as the standard Italian mobsters.
No one gets to insult Francisco Spaghetti Linguine and get away with ya see. As for different factions I would hope that with 14 "distinct" bosses you would have some different cultures in there, at least one for each culture that had a major mob/mafia organization at the time.

14 playable empires/bosses. 7 max enemy bosses per map. No character or empire customization. 10 hours of gameplay per map. Smaller maps have much shorter playtimes. Pulled all of this from the Twitch interview a few minutes ago. Bleh, kinda killed any interest I had in the game. Looks to be an Omerta clone focused more on combat/destroying enemies than on actually building and running a criminal empire.