• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I present to the senate a somewhat more flavorful, and, more importantly, customizable approach to your national 'identity', integrated with a new process of tribal reform.

See: Custom State Institutions and Tribal Reform | Paradox Interactive Forums (paradoxplaza.com)

Thank you for your time.
Your original post is very well presented. This opening post for this thread linking the original post is an example of lean philosophy! :D

EDITED: and also what the SPQR would look like in the future. Suggestions submitted in the sugestions forum and a post here linking the main thread for weekly voting on the Senate.

Last edited:
Reactions:
But the original post got MORE votes than this one, although they don't matter for the ranking.
That’s the conundrum: we keep both forums for different purposes while one has been reformed to do what the former was intended to.

The valid point for the SPQR is the weekly voting and highlight from devs. We could keep that posting in the suggestion forum and bring here a link to the suggestion when we feel is ready for the senate vote.

But the original post got MORE votes than this one, although they don't matter for the ranking.
That’s the conundrum: we keep both forums for different purposes while one has been reformed to do what the former was intended to.
If I were to make another post in suggestions, I would probably cross-link it with a SPQR thread instead of just referencing it one-way. But at that point both of them serve basically the same purpose, making me question why I need two threads in two forums for one topic. Also many people would probably still not check out/rate both threads in parallel, and I wouldn't even blame them for that.

I'd assume it'd feel more natural if the SPQR acted as an interface only displaying suggestions from within the current period and letting people vote on those, instead of being another forum with it's own separated threads. But I think the current method is just way simpler to implement.

Last edited:
Reactions: