• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mastikator

Technocrat
16 Badges
Jul 2, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
suggestion.png

A picture says more than a thousand words and this one speaks for itself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is actually pretty easy to do this with a mod (it takes one file for each names list and one file to give every list a unique name). The main problem is the fact that adding names list modifies the checksum and therefore disables achievements.

Also let us mix-and-match namelists! I want the Leader Names of Arthropoid 1 and the Fleet Names of Avian 2!

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is actually pretty easy to do this with a mod (it takes one file for each names list and one file to give every list a unique name). The main problem is the fact that adding names list modifies the checksum and therefore disables achievements.
It doesn't just mess with the checksum it also forces my friends to get this mod from me if I want to bring it into multiplayer. That's a lot of hassle that really shouldn't be there.

Secondly:
modding is also scary for some people, a easy to use UI in the game would open the door for custom names to everyone instead of just me and you.