• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Poopfaust

Colonel
9 Badges
Mar 19, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I am still goofing around with stuff and have not gotten 3 months in yet. Benjamin Magnus did a custom setup and I am playing with that.

At first I thought it was great because you cannot update the old Naval so that is deleted, and stuff and the fact that I could start Research from scratch.., etc.., .

I could be very wrong, but I have decided not to do that. It seems the Practicals are almost all lost when you do this as opposed to the Regular game. I did some test and it seems some practicals you lose 80% or 90% or whatever. I think there are a lot of other areas you lost also.

I also have come to appreciate the initial setup that Germany has Germany now that I now about non-Naval upgrades. If anyone has some input, I am all ears.

When I wanted to do a custom start I would copy it into a custom start file.

Also, haven't been around the home computer, don't let me forget about your .mod file image (that was you, right?)!

The one consideration about Custom Start is that you don't get the Theoretical boosts for researching some of those low-level techs, Practical levels seem reduced, and it also seems to affect the AI in odd ways. Custom starts never seem to go as smoothly as the default settings.

Reactions: