• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Helsinki Cathedral by Ole

Hey guys
qtXwHH0.png

Higher resolution: http://i.imgur.com/UDLJWok.png

Hello Everyone, I worked on this the past 2 days after I found out about the contest. I noticed that the game didn't have any space needle type of buildings so I went ahead and made my own. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

My Entry is the "Skyline Space Spire"

skHCl0d.jpg

Last edited:
@thecrazydemoman sorry to tell you, but I believe lightmaps are not supported. :( (I would have added one if they were) They said CSL is not compatible with the 2nd UV channel

Golden Tulip Hotel

I knew about this competition only yesterday, so I took my whole Saturday to model this building. It is the Golden Tulip Hotel in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. It's a corner building.

As I had only one day to model and do everything, the textures are not very good, but I intend to improve them soon. The
I didn't add the Golden Tulip logo as it is in the original building, since that's trademarked, if there's no problem about that can someone PM me? :)
And I let somethings like around the pool empty, is possible to add props, right?
As the time ends in a few hours I'll send it now.
5k polygons. Lot 9x6.

16749415571_5003f8a3eb_o.png

16543329327_00e548682c_o.png

16749515702_0b27a36442_o.png

16724689786_9d774e3390_o.png

16750583925_2e2e3c207f_o.png

16543322947_1f9548c48d_o.png

16563022088_ebe23656f5_o.png

16130641073_5c4e3e5485_o.png

16563194270_5b15932996_o.png

16724680036_cddd5428e6_o.png

16749398791_d04ef4e3fa_o.png

Donwload .fbx file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ikontix49tjt29p/Golden+Tulip.fbx

Note: I realized we can't use trademarked logos and private buildings. This Hotel was made by Farkasvölgyi Arquitetura and last year they gave me a permission to model it to SC4, but I only modeled it now. If you require I can show the permission. I'll try to contact Golden Tulip to see if they let me use the logo.

Last edited:
It was CET, so still in, right?
Anyway, here´s mine, a suburbian family home. Something new to me and I just couldn´t get the roof tiles right. Good enough if you zoom a little out.:eek:o

9JpDTzL.jpg

qMkoisV.jpg

gSOpp6D.jpg

AmgMCeR.jpg

I will upload all files later, as of right now I´m bound home.

Edit: Here are all the files (Both FBX files, diffuse, normal, specular and illumination) in case anybody wants to take a closer look.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u75nhd0676yeh8i/Suburban01.rar

Last edited:
Scraping by the skin of my teeth, here's my submission, a high wealth residential building designed to fit a 3x4 lot:

1.png

citieshouse_render2.jpg

citieshouse_render3.jpg

I tried to analyze the art style your game has so far and replicate it as best I can.
The roof is bare as I was hoping to have it cluttered up a little by your ploppable game assets when it gets imported.

The structure butts up against both sides of the 3 unit width so it can look consistent across multiple lots if needed.
It also makes use of the colormask feature for the walls.

citieshouse_render.jpg

Wireframe shown is 2.2k triangles, LOD (not shown) is 98 triangles:

4.png

Texture sheets (all 1024^2), diffuse, normal, specular, colormask:

citieshouse_textures.jpg

(Apologies for editing my post again after the deadline, I didn't have much time to take decent pictures.)

Last edited:
a random rail station

A rail station for all train enthusiasts out there :D
Modelled with Blender, lot size is 8x15 tiles.
The design is mainly based on an underground subway station near my home. Next to the actual station building is a large bus terminus of which I have replaced it with two platforms and tracks to make it a functional rail station.
Another guy was asking about the correct distance between platforms in the CBC discussion thread, but since that went unanswered I have made them placed 8.6m from each other which should be enough for two trains.

P.S. My previously two posts have been seemingly flagged for moderation, probably because I have made too much edits, which explains my late submission. Apologies and hope this still counts :(

TgMiQzS.png

mQdxdta.png

chJ4ylK.png

mLVtKVT.png

Llg9Kao.png

Last edited:
it is all one (poor) UV map
Yeah...kind of. I rendered a night shot as it propably would look in the game (more or less). Not very spectacular. So IF you ever make a night mode, make it correct and open up a second UV channel.
T4CNABT.jpg

Great to see that we have quite some diversity already and I have seen some modders from CXL as well.

First time learning blender, first time modding!

I'm just so hyped about this game!

Not the best building here, but I would just like to participate!

I present you: Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar national building. Actual height 105M, with a 76 karat diamond on top.

FEzMQu0.jpg

EDIT: OMG i got CET time wrong.... Nevermind.

Last edited:
My Entry is a High end Retail 2x4 zone-able retail. Uses Spec, Alpha, Normal, and Lightmap. Rendered in Blender! It currently sits at 1770 tri, I however know I can optimize it a bit further before i bring it into game.

ZT3v2Vp.png

and a second beauty render

qOizTlE.png

url to the FBX and textures in a rar.

Awesome :wub: where can I find the final render and how will I be able to import it in the game ??? i want A stores all over my city :laugh: