Something Something Aŋrômainiiuš
- May 23, 2013
The cultures in this area are rather nonsensical. Let's start with the Avars:
1. The Avars were not numerous within the Avar Khaganate. While this may seem a bit absurd considering the name, we have reason to believe that most of the regular populace was Slavic, and that the nobility was Turkic. In essence, representing all of Pannonia as Avar is as accurate as representing Swedish-ruled Finland as Swedish.
2. The Vlachs are restricted to 3 provinces, only one of them in Wallachia. This is rather ridiculous, as we know the Vlachs inhabited even Pannonia, as referenced in the Gesta Hungarorum. Therefore, the Vlachs should be expanded to cover the east of Pannonia.
3. Make the Vlachs Orthodox. Seriously, anything is better than them being Slavic pagan, it makes no sense. Even generic pagan is better.
4. The remaining Avar provinces in k_dacia ought to be filled with Slavs, with Moldau mostly being East Slavic (representing the Tiverians and Ulichi), and Wallachia South Slavic (representing the part of the Seven Slavic Tribes)
5. The Hungarians are misplaced in the 769 start date - they only moved to roughly the area north of the Crimea around 830. They should be moved to the east to the Don and made tributaries of the Khazars.