• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yuje said:
Merge Taureg with Berber. It's the southern branch of the Berber language. As it is, no country in the game has Taureg culture, there's only a single province with a Taureg population aside from when you set up trading posts, and no country can get any manpower out of that province.

Actually, there are two provinces, and one country - Timbuktu. I don't have any real objection, just thought I'd point that out.

And I back the change of Kalmyk to Sunni, although in most of my games the GH converts it anyway.

More points up for debate. Why has Ragusa been changed from the regular GC to Albanian in the AGCEEP? I don't see the justification for it. I don't think Ragusa/Dubrovnik ever came under Albanian control, so I don't see why Albania has a core on it, either. If anything, Albania should have a core on Kosovo.

Ok, I've updated the first post.
|AXiN| said:
yuje said:
Merge Taureg with Berber. It's the southern branch of the Berber language. As it is, no country in the game has Taureg culture, there's only a single province with a Taureg population aside from when you set up trading posts, and no country can get any manpower out of that province.
Actually, there are two provinces, and one country - Timbuktu. I don't have any real objection, just thought I'd point that out.
yuje, does this affect your proposal?
juje said:
Change Kalmyk religion back to Sunni.
Just to clarify, are these cultures in AGCEEP? Or are these religions?
yuje said:
Why has Ragusa been changed from the regular GC to Albanian in the AGCEEP? I don't see the justification for it.
Again, just to clarify, which are provinces and which are cultures? Can you make the distinction, please?

As a suggestion - though it may take a little more time - I think it'd be a good idea for subsequent posts to differentiate between the referenced cultures and their respective provinces and the tags which have them as their state cultures, so that everyone can follow a little easier. Just a suggestion. It'll help me, at least, keep the first post updated with everyone's proposals.

@yuje, does this affect your proposal?

Not really. There are too few Berber provinces, and too few Taureg provinces, in my opinion. Merging the two could make Berber culture slightly more valuable.

@Just to clarify, are these cultures in AGCEEP? Or are these religions?
Again, just to clarify, which are provinces and which are cultures? Can you make the distinction, please?

In the regular GC, Kalmyk province in Russia is Buddhist religion and Mongol culture. In the AGCEEP GC, Kalmyk province is Buddhist religion and Tartar culture. What it should be is Sunni religion and Tartar culture. There should then be an event sometime in the 17th century, that changes the province to Buddhist religion and Mongol culture. Hope that clarifies things.

yuje said:
In the regular GC, Kalmyk province in Russia is Buddhist religion and Mongol culture. In the AGCEEP GC, Kalmyk province is Buddhist religion and Tartar culture. What it should be is Sunni religion and Tartar culture. There should then be an event sometime in the 17th century, that changes the province to Buddhist religion and Mongol culture.
Maybe something like this
Code:
#Migration of Kalmyks
event = {
	id = 271000
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 467 data = -1 }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "Migration of Kalmyks"
	desc = "The Kalmyk people were originally a Mongolian people
who migrated westward from Central Asia to the lower Volga area in the
17th century. They formed a frontier khanate that swore allegiance
to Russia in return for protection against Tatar attack. They settled in
an area of Russia known today as Kalmykia, assimilating into the culture
and adopting the Lamaist tradition of Buddhism."
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1610 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1619 }

action_a ={
		name = "We welcome new subjects"
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 467 value = buddhism }
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 467 value = mongol }
		command = { type = population which = 467 value = 1000 }
	}
}

Last edited:
Zenek K. said:
Maybe something like this
Code:
#Migration of Kalmyks
event = {
	id = 271000
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 467 data = -1 }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "Migration of Kalmyks"
	desc = "The Kalmyk people were originally a Mongolian people
who migrated westward from Central Asia to the lower Volga area in the
17th century. They formed a frontier khanate that swore allegiance
to Russia in return for protection against Tatar attack. They settled in
an area of Russia known today as Kalmykia, assimilating into the culture
and adopting the Lamaist tradition of Buddhism."
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1610 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1619 }

action_a ={
		name = "We welcome new subjects"
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 467 value = buddhism }
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 467 value = mongol }
		command = { type = population which = 467 value = 1000 }
	}
}
This event historically helped Russia, right? As such, I think I'd add a taxvalue and manpower bonus. Depending on whether we're planning on giving Russia mongol culture, we may want to leave out the culture change as well.

doktarr said:
This event historically helped Russia, right? As such, I think I'd add a taxvalue and manpower bonus. Depending on whether we're planning on giving Russia mongol culture, we may want to leave out the culture change as well.

Certainly it would be confusing if the descriptive text said they "integrated into the culture", yet the province became Mongol culture. I would suggest Russian culture for the event (and a population and taxvalue bonus), otherwise the migration will be worse for Russia than the current situation.

doktarr said:
I was thinking about similar event for other countries. Should Poland/Lithuania/Ottomans/others receive one? In fact Kalmyks migrated west to avoid the economic and political pressures of Chinese and they wanted to settle in Volga area because of the rich pastures of the northern Caucasus Mountains. Does it make a difference which country ruled that region?

I'll push forward the dates in event, they reached the Volga region in 1630.

EDIT: I added mongol culture because of yuje suggestion. I certainly agree with bonus on manpower and tax - this is already poor province.

EDIT2: We better move to Russia thread.

Last edited:
yuje said:
More points up for debate. Why has Ragusa been changed from the regular GC to Albanian in the AGCEEP? I don't see the justification for it. I don't think Ragusa/Dubrovnik ever came under Albanian control, so I don't see why Albania has a core on it, either. If anything, Albania should have a core on Kosovo.
Kosovo wasn't predominantly Albanian until long after EU2 ends. Albania should NOT receive a core on it.

yuje said:
In the regular GC, Kalmyk province in Russia is Buddhist religion and Mongol culture. In the AGCEEP GC, Kalmyk province is Buddhist religion and Tartar culture. What it should be is Sunni religion and Tartar culture. There should then be an event sometime in the 17th century, that changes the province to Buddhist religion and Mongol culture. Hope that clarifies things.
yes it does, thanks. I've updated the first post to include this suggestion.

Zenek K. said:
EDIT2: We better move to Russia thread.
If Yuje's change is to hotly contested, then yes, this'd be a good idea. Otherwise, I don't really see how I can enforce any rules on this thread, so feel free to debate here. At least that way I'll be able to be kept up-to-date on the suggestions.
yuje said:
...so I don't see why Albania has a core on it, either. If anything, Albania should have a core on Kosovo.
Just to clarify, I'm not keeping tabs on core allocations in this thread - I'm sure you know this though.
WiSK said:
Certainly it would be confusing if the descriptive text said they "integrated into the culture", yet the province became Mongol culture. I would suggest Russian culture for the event (and a population and taxvalue bonus), otherwise the migration will be worse for Russia than the current situation.
The description could be changed, or alternatively, Russia could be given 'Mongol' culture - though I am ignorant on the specifics as to whether or not that'd be a bad idea.
Zenek K. said:
In fact Kalmyks migrated west to avoid the economic and political pressures of Chinese and they wanted to settle in Volga area because of the rich pastures of the northern Caucasus Mountains. Does it make a difference which country ruled that region?
Generate a series of province triggered events based on the migration patterns and timelines. Perhaps cater the events to various religious groups which may have had similar reactions in ahistorical situations (i.e. take into consideration the religion of the province, and the religion of the state). Just a suggestion though. Again, I'm not versed in the specifics.

yuje said:
Because it doesn't represent Ragusa/Dubrovnik. This is why it isn't independent either. It's in the wrong place on the map (too far down the Adriatic) and Ragusa never controlled a whole lot of land anyway. If the name weren't stuck on the map we would have renamed the province.

ribbon22 said:
The description could be changed, or alternatively, Russia could be given 'Mongol' culture - though I am ignorant on the specifics as to whether or not that'd be a bad idea.

Yeah bad idea :rolleyes: :D

Russia getting Mongol culture would conflict with much of the descriptive text that comes once you start colonising the Mongol and Buriat heartlands.

I've been playing Russia (from Muscovy) the last few days and the sequence of Russia's expansion is very interesting to experience. Plenty of events that make it a challenge to have enough explorers to make it quickly to the pacific ocean. I've done it rather historically, only a few non-core provinces taken and 0.0 BB.

Now I'm at the Great Northern conflict which is a bit tricky because Denmark was consumed by Holstein who are allied with the Swedes. Poland lost a lot of land to Austria and Sweden has five provinces in Germany.

Another worry is that Persia had trouble against the Uzbeks and was eventually annexed by the OE, which now has very little preventing its eastern expansion.

Sorry, that's all rather off topic, but a bit too short to post in the AAR section... ;)

Only for Ezochi province or for more?Is it really a good idea to introduce another 1-province culture (if the former is the case)?

Kennelly said:
Only for Ezochi province or for more?
One would imagine, yes. Maybe some uncolonized province on Kamchatka, but I doubt it.
Kennelly said:
Is it really a good idea to introduce another 1-province culture (if the former is the case)?
Why would it be a problem? This isn't a province at the crossroads of Europe, with multiple potential revolters, or somesuch. As long as Japan can't revolt in Ezochi (and it shouldn't be able to) it's not a problem at all. We have plenty of spare cultures.

do we really have that many spare culture?

Late,
Jester

doktarr said:
One would imagine, yes. Maybe some uncolonized province on Kamchatka, but I doubt it.
Mostly for Ezochi. However this one will have inpact in the game as during the civil war the 6th ai-only tag will have ainu as its state culture and it may actually spread given enough time.

doktarr said:
Why would it be a problem? This isn't a province at the crossroads of Europe, with multiple potential revolters, or somesuch. As long as Japan can't revolt in Ezochi (and it shouldn't be able to) it's not a problem at all. Currently, we have plenty of spare cultures.
We have a limited number of cultures, though we can get - as you estimated - 20 or more cultures by merging all unused provinces to 'native culture'. Regardless, until this is actually implemented, we'd still have to take into account the few cultures we currently have.

Of course if you wanted to provide a more detailed description of which cultures could be merged to 'Native' culture, then all the more power to you. A move in this direction would help get this important step under the projects belt *wink wink nudge nudge*

Updated the first post to include Jinnai's request and doktarr's support.

Native-only cultures

A quick glance through province.csv suggested that the following cultures could be merged into native, even if we added back those three NA countries:

inuit
navajo
mayan
mesoamerican
creek
indian
shawnee
'iroquis' (spelling mistake? For some provinces 'iroquois' is used; these two ought to be the same)
dakota
abenaki
cree
caribbean
guajiro
patagonian
teremembe
tupinamba
mataco
polynese
aborigin
madagasque
senegambian
dyola
bantu

By merging all of these we could gain 22 culture slots.

Songhai Culture

I didn't see this in the requests, so I'd like to add this:

Please make a Songhai culture for West Africa. While few provinces would get this culture (2-3), it does have a historical basis. Right now, Songhai provinces use Malinke culture (Mali), but the Songhai were considered to be very different from the Malinke - they had been conquered by the Tuaregs (Berbers) and the conquerers had been assimilated. By the 14th century they were a distinct people different from the cultures around them, and never a stable part of Mali.

I realize this does mean using one of the (few) culture codes. Perhaps Tuareg could be combined with Berbers?