• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Samorim

Major
42 Badges
Jan 16, 2008
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II
Is there a command that allows the effect of culture change when converting a pagan province to be applied to another religion? Or is this not moddable?

That is covered by the annexable = yes/no flag in religions.txt and the can_convert_culture = yes/no flag in geography.txt; both must be "yes" to convert culture.

As far as events go, the command is "command = { type = culture which = <province> value = -1 }".

Now that I had a better look at it, I have some doubts. Is it at all possible to just allow the conversion and not the annexation of the country? Because by enacting the "annexable = yes" on Christian countries, that creates a problem in Europe I believe. I don't want to nations that have more than one province to be annexed, or am I not understanding this command correctly?

Culture chage problem

Hello everybody!
I am playing Vinland with Vinland.
Vinland is now catholic and every pagan american native country annexed was easily culture-converted. I tried the same with Inca Empire provinces and I didn't succeed. They change the religion, but not the culture. Their religion is norse (so pagan), then why they don't change the culture too when my missionary succeed its conversion?
Thank you!

Are you sure that when you where converting the other provinces they were Norse? Because Norse does not work like Paganism, the reason being the one already posted (the religions.txt file section for Norse should say "annexable = yes", which it does not).

Are you sure that when you where converting the other provinces they were Norse? Because Norse does not work like Paganism, the reason being the one already posted (the religions.txt file section for Norse should say "annexable = yes", which it does not).

"...every pagan american native country annexed was easily culture-converted." So I was talking about pagan, not norse. With Incan norse provinces didn't work. Is it normal? If it's normal to NOT change their culture too, then is it a solution to change it (no cheating)?

As I said, yes, it is normal for that to happen.
To solve this you must open the religions.txt file found in the mod's db folder, and find the place where it says "norse = { ", then paste annexable = yes above forceconvertion = no.

After that, you either load a previous savegame where you haven't converted those incan provinces or edit your save game (in the Scenarios folder).

If you have to do the second thing then you must find the IDs of the provinces you have already converted in the map below, open the save game, find the province section there, and paste culture = "scandinavian" above where it should say religion = norse .

ID_SAMERICA_grand.jpg

That's cheating... I wonder if I can do something playing the game to change it. Like reducing the population lower than 1.000 to change culture sending a new colonist. Would be possible?

A city's population can never drop below 1000 once it reaches that number (just like it can't go below 5000 later). Besides, even if it could be done, I find that to be "cheating" as well.

My suggestion was not about editing some of the game's files, but with some actions playing the game. As increasing revolt risk in those provinces only. I did that, and after i killed only a part of rebels so they can only block the province, but not to siege and conquer that province. But I don't know why after few years the rebels dissapeared (no attrition, no snow in the winter) spontaneously. Any idea why?

I've seen rebel disband if they can't take the province many times.
Thanks anyway! But I still find very strange how a south-american civilisation has the same religion as... Norway (Inca & Norway?!?) + a religion from the pagan group is not so ... pagan (the culture can not be converted)...

Taken from the vanilla file:
Code:
#Regional definitions

#Continents, regions and areas must be uniquely named in three separate lists ("Any" is reserved keyword and may NOT be used).

#Areas, regions and continents are three geographical different concepts that are linked through the definition of the provinces. Effects are combined for involved provinces.
#Usually, an area is comprised in a single region and a region is comprised in a single continent. Nevertheless, there is no check in the game and any combination is thus possible, especially for seas.
#in the folowwing lists, land areas and corresponding regions are sorted for better readability according to the definition of the provinces.

#Continents:
#id = X                             Used as UNIQUE value of a single list in the script engine for continents, regions and areas. Target a random city province of the continent, region or area. X = 1 means value = -1001 for the script engine (default is 0 and not taken in account in the script engine if not specified). 
#culture_change = yes/no            If yes, culture of the colonial cities turns to primary culture of the country when nationalism fades away (default is yes if not specified).
#[COLOR="#FFFF00"]can_convert_culture = yes/no[/COLOR]       If yes, provinces with annexable religions will convert culture also when converted to a non-annexable religion (default is yes if not specified).
#whiteman_penalty = yes/no          If yes, penalties until contacts with other continents (default is no if not specified).
#popgrowth_island_colony = X.XX     Extra negative population growth for island colonies (default is 0.00 if not specified).
#popgrowth_continent_colony = X.XX  Extra negative population growth for continent (i.e. not island) colonies (default is 0.00 if not specified).
#popgrowth_penalty = yes/no         If yes, penalty for population growth of all the colonies (default is no if not specified).
#cot_assign_penalty = yes/no        If yes, CoTs have less chance to appear on the continent + influence on trade (default is no if not specified).
#combat_overrun = yes/no            If yes, armies have more chance to be annihilated (default is no if not specified).
#badboy_penalty = yes/no            If yes, badboy penalty for actions against countries of the continent (default is yes if not specified).
#hre_election = yes/no              If yes, monarch of the country can be elected HRE Emperor if capital on the continent and other conditions are met (default is no if not specified).
#available_mercenaries = yes/no     If yes, mercenaries can be hired on the continent (default is yes if not specified).
#vp_discover_first = { }            Victory Points attributed for first discovery of the continent by a foreign country (default is 0 if not specified and no desc message in this case).
#                                   - province = any => at least one province must be discovered (default).
#                                   - province = all => all the provinces must be discovered.
#                                   IMPORTANT: only land provinces are involved for continents.
#vp_first_establishment = X         Only for land provinces, Victory Points attributed for first TP or colony established on the continent by a foreign country (default is 0 if not specified).

#Regions:
#id = X                             Same as continent. 
#movement_penalty = yes/no          If yes, same multiplier as arctic climate for movement time if not already Artic climate (default is no if not specified).
#colonization_spread = yes/no       If yes, trading posts are sufficient for colonization of adjacent provinces (default is no if not specified).
#revolt_strength = X.XX             Only for land provinces, strength of the revolts (default is 1.00 if not specified).
#natives = entry                    Only for land provinces, entry of natives.txt to be used for natives computation and map display.
#natives_death = X                  Only for land provinces, natives population extra loss when discovered by foreign country (default is 0 if not specified).
#galleys_penalty = yes/no           If no, no extra attrition for galleys (default is yes if not specified).
#wind_penalty = X                   Only for sea provinces, decreases wind factor if no stormy weather (default is 0 if not specified).
#piracy = low/medium/high           Frequency and number of pirates in the region (default is medium if not specified)
#                                   - increased effect on coastal sea zones if high piracy for the region.
#                                   - reduced effect in coastal sea zones of the region for each low piracy neighbouring coastal province.
#[COLOR="#FFFF00"]can_convert_culture = yes/no[/COLOR]       If yes, provinces with annexable religions will convert culture also when converted to a non-annexable religion (default is the continent setting if not specified).
#vp_discover_first = { }            Same as continent but sea provinces are involved too.
#vp_first_establishment = X         Only for land provinces, Victory Points attributed for first TP or colony established in the region (default is 0 if not specified).

#Areas:
#id = X                             Same as continent. 
#type = land/lake/sea               Type of the area for pathfinding and specific calculations (default is land if not specified).
#vp_discover_first = { }            Same as continent but sea provinces are involved too.

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#Continents
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

continent = {
	id = 1
	tag = "Africa"
	name = "CON_Africa"
	culture_change = yes
	whiteman_penalty = no
	popgrowth_island_colony = 2.00
	popgrowth_continent_colony = 12.00
	popgrowth_penalty = no
	cot_assign_penalty = no
	combat_overrun = no
	badboy_penalty = yes