• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is very much possible to convert some of the Middle East to Frankish Culture. I was playing as the Duke of Tripoli(now Kingdom I guess.....), and randomly without even trying one of my provinces is now a bunch of French Muslims.

FrankishME.png

now I gotta convert them to that pesky Christianity.

Which patch are you using ? Before patch 1.05, the cultural conversion event was totally different, it could convert any province to any culture, just depending on the culture of the ruler.

Or if you are using the latest patch, then are you perhaps using a mod, some mod have events that convert the capital of a realm to the culture ot its ruler

Is it harder to spread Turkish culture for some reason? I seem to meet all of the standards for event 9007, but after 150 years I have no new Turkish provinces.

EDIT: I'm playing as SELJ, by modding the top Turk in the 1066 scenario to be orthodox.

Is it harder to spread Turkish culture for some reason? I seem to meet all of the standards for event 9007, but after 150 years I have no new Turkish provinces.

EDIT: I'm playing as SELJ, by modding the top Turk in the 1066 scenario to be orthodox.
are you at peace?

You're right: I wage war fairly often. Would a long period of peace make the MTTH work better?

Yes, since the event will not fire when you are at war

So being at war or at peace is not a modifier of the MTTH, it is in fact a trigger for the event

After reading all this & getting much usefull information (esp. about the trade routes) AND looking up event 9007 in the events-file,
some questions still remain.

The events-file states "Base MTTH" is 2000 MONTHS. Is it really 2000 months? That'll be some 167 long years, and not much cultural conversion should be seen.
Of course there are those modifiers - which leads to my next question:
The modifiers are mulipliers, right? So, since having a roadnet or civilian harbour is not only neccessary for both target and source provinve but also gives a 0.9 modifier, it's alway 0.9 x 0.9 x 2000 months (ignoring other modifiers) = 135 years.

changing to popular law right away :)
Well, as I understand it, popular law would prolong the MTTH by 20 %. Is this correct?

Two more things:

1.) In this thread it is said, that Norman culture won't spread - but it does spread: In a game of mine where I played England Norman culture did spread to Ugra, the provinve in the northeastern corner of the map, very poor & undeveloped. In an earlier game Norman culture also spread to a poor coastal provinve in the northeastern part of the map.
Oh, and I don't have any mod - I have the original Ck - DV 2.1 beta.

2.) What's the cultural conversion good for anyways? I mean, it gives me joy seeing my culture spread all over the map. But are there any "real" benefits from it - like more gold, more troops, less rebellions?

Last edited:
Wow, Please don't Necro revive threads from 2008. Please start a new one.