• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jorian said:
French is named couse of France, but occitan and all others are cultures(they were 'imbued' into french or other cultures by time), also basque

What's the point of mentionning basque? It's a separate culture in EU2, it's very different from occitan, and it's a good example of culture NOT changing. I thought you were looking at culture change in Europe, not at culture conservation. If anything basque is the limit: we also need EUIII culture engine to keep the basque basque the whole game, not to change them to French end of XVth century.

It's great to find example of culture change and wonder how EUIII can model it. However, there are far more cases of culture not changing, and EUIII needs to model that too! Don't make exceptions into rules...

Louis,

In France, the cultural conversion came very late. So many provinces and so many rules and measures and so on. The centralization during the Revolution (1790es) began the process of unification of the french people.

babci said:
:mad:

let me give you a list of tribes massacred by the spanish:

Arawak
Taino
Ciboney
Chimu
All Argentinian tribes
97% of Uruguay Tribes
The Tierra del Fuego tribes

Argentinian, Uruguay and Tierra del Fuego killed by Argentinians, Uruguayans and Chileans actually (they were conquered and killed after independence and, for example, the sheep companies gave you some money if you arrived with proof of killing indians -selknams to be precise). The guys in the caribbean I will grant you

babci said:
1) China was pagan when they first had gunpowder,
2)Only pagans can be assimilated in EU2,
3) And three, the spanish didn't "convert" most of the time, they slaughtered the natives.

1) Nop, Under Eu2 game, Chinese are confucian not pagan (they are not in pagan techgroup either). Are you talking about RL?
2) Yep, not confucians if I am not mistaken
3) Nop, they converted. The populations of modern Chile, Colombia, Venezuela, a lot of Central America, Ecuador are descendents of indians+spanish. The populations of Mexico, Peru and Bolivia are descendents of indian+spanish and a lot of indian population. Only in the Caribbean the native population was exterminated. They are all catholics (well, now a bit less than before, but a lot catholics). The spanish priests were quite successful, in part due to the fact that they used and mixed indian beliefs to convert.

Spanish colonization was not a tale of good deeds, but they did not exterminate the indian population (after all, the spanish settlers in large part wanted indian population to work for them, and the spanish crown tried to defend indians after all -not very successfully, but not wholly unsucessful, indian local leaders knew that the spanish authorities were better disposed to them than local landholders after all).

Amadís de Gaula said:
You have no idea of what you´re saying. Read before making false comments. :mad:
Not only natives massacred by Spanish also Arabs and Jews ,living southern spain, were massacred too.500 years ago half of the penisula were arabic while there is not any now :(

yls3431 said:
Not only natives massacred by Spanish also Arabs and Jews ,living southern spain, were massacred too.500 years ago half of the penisula were arabic while there is not any now :(

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You do not really deserve an answer....

Have you heard the response from Arcorelli?

Massacred the arabs?

Half of Spain was arabic 500 years ago?

Massacred the jews?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

About the caribbean population it almost disappeared due to illness and "sadness" (records from the date). No slaughtering.

In trials many accused colonists alleged that the black people that substituted the caribbeans were all alive. H. Thomas says the caribbeans were not used to work 10 hours a day, and the loss of their prior life was the main cause of this sadness illness ("they did not want to live").

Curious, Columbus alive, colonist were jailed due to mistreating indians. And many people were accused and had trials. Compare it with other colonization processes. We had the "Leyes de India" to protect natives. We sent "auditores", judges and jailed people. We even sent armies to stop abuses.

We were no Saints (though there are many Saints recognized by the Church for the defense of the indians), but we did not go slaughtering people, save some war circumstances like Colula.

For a neutral vision read "The Spanish Empire" by the english historian Hugh Thomas.

Last edited:
I think we are moving off topic here, why don't we stick to the discussion matter?

I suggest you stop speaking of this subject. It looks like a long-winded historical debate, and it's not the matter of this thread. Moreover, the way it goes, you risk to start telling words you'd regret later.

And let me remind you that Paradox will never make any massacre, slaughtering or genocide as part of one of its games, and this has been repeatedly explained. I wonder if the mere discussing of it is not prohibited somewhere in the rules of the boards.

EDIT : well, beaten by royal autority...

Status
Not open for further replies.