• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

inertiatic

Sergeant
45 Badges
Mar 24, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Is anyone else experiencing routine CTDs in the latest release? It's happening in literally every game I start - usually I start in the Old Gods bookmark and the crashes tend to happen 1000AD onwards. Generally I can load an autosave which sometimes creeps past the same crash date, but then it happens again shortly afterwards.

I've seen multiple posts about CTDs associated with the latest release in the bug thread (with accompanying save games etc), none of which seem to have been responded to, but when this starts getting looked into I can post my own save games etc assuming this helps find a solution. I'm confident my installation of the mod was clean and I'm not running any other submods etc.

In the meantime, please can anyone else confirm if they are having the same issues? I'm interested to get a sense of what proportion of HIP players this is affecting (other than myself).

Reactions:
Thanks for the feedback. In a way I'm glad to know it's not just me! It's such a shame - I really love this mod, it's a brilliant piece of work, but I don't have the heart to start a new game knowing I'm going to have a minefield of CTDs awaiting me midway through the game :( Really hope they can get to the bottom of the crashes.

Revert back to 3.3.2
Open Steam > Go to your library > Crusader Kings 2 > Properties > Betas > Patch 3.3.2

Crashing fixed

Thanks for the suggestion. Hasn't the game been 3.3.2 until the 3.3.3 release today? If so, I suspect this might not be a solution (I've been getting these crashes for at least a couple of weeks prior to today - as have others judging by the comments on the bug thread). Actually, looking at the list of betas I've got as options in Steam, I'm not seeing 3.3.2 there anyways - most recent I can see is 3.3.0 (I'm not exactly a pro with these things however so I could be wrong).

Either way, thanks again for the input. I would love for this to be something I could fix on my end!

Thanks for the suggestion. Hasn't the game been 3.3.2 until the 3.3.3 release today? If so, I suspect this might not be a solution (I've been getting these crashes for at least a couple of weeks prior to today - as have others judging by the comments on the bug thread). Actually, looking at the list of betas I've got as options in Steam, I'm not seeing 3.3.2 there anyways - most recent I can see is 3.3.0 (I'm not exactly a pro with these things however so I could be wrong).

Either way, thanks again for the input. I would love for this to be something I could fix on my end!

Sorry I men't to say revert back to 3.2.2 not 3.3.2
Frosty was released for 3.2.2

Are you sure? I've just looked again at the release thread for Frosty2 and it says "At the time of release, this version of HIP was intended for the latest version of CKII, v3.3.2".

Ya you're right and I'm dumb.

However I never noticed and I've been playing on 3.2.2 with no issues for the last few days lol

Should we downgrade and play on 3.2.2 then? Or does anyone know of a way to actually get back to 3.3.2? As its not on the betas list.