• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duuk

Reformed Badboy
23 Badges
Oct 16, 2001
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
Was in the middle of a siege and one of my units broke. I was moving my mouse over to see which regiment broke, got part way there on the screen,

and the game froze and I got an error message (see above Pure Virtual Function Call R6025) and had to end the task.

Upvote 0
Okay, to be more specific, it is January 1147. I can advance a day and save again successfully. However, if I wait a year, I get the dreaded pure virtual function call upon saving. Therefore, it is fairly safe to assume that something is happening consistenly (5/5 tries) sometime during 1147 that screws up the game. But what? Is there some event that occurs in 1147?

Freebot said:
Okay, to be more specific, it is January 1147. I can advance a day and save again successfully. However, if I wait a year, I get the dreaded pure virtual function call upon saving. Therefore, it is fairly safe to assume that something is happening consistenly (5/5 tries) sometime during 1147 that screws up the game. But what? Is there some event that occurs in 1147?
If you look at the save file and see where the crash occured. It should be somewhere in the province list. Have a look at the map in that province location and watch for something unusual. If you see something unusual, its probably related to the crash.

If it's something related to the province listing, it could be caused by dukes and kings being now able to become landless by losing all their demesne, but still having vassals to revoke titles from. That feature was added in betas.

Btw, the province listing tells the game what provinces to show being part of which ruler in the selection screen map. No actual ingame effects.

I'd noticed that the Papal State gets treated slightly differently, presumably to signal that it is not selectable. I wonder if it is the result of an acquisition of an order by a selectable character. (Since save files I have got with this bug break down in Poland I have been suspicious that the Teutonic Order was somehow implicated). Is there a situation where a province should belong both to the TO (not selectable) and a selectable dynasty? The TO can be acquired by a King without causing problems but maybe not a Duke.

I shall try and set this up and test it.

No, it didn't work (or rather it saved OK).
I started up 1066 as Duke of Apulia, used the provevent cheat to create the TO within my desmense, and within a couple of weeks the TO GM was begging to become my vassal. (A Duke can't ask him, but the reverse does happen)

Saved without CTD. Then revoked his title, still saved without CTD. I now was unable to give any titles back to him and had an allowable demense of a mere 199998 provinces or something like the world 200 times over .

wow ok, so 10 years on we are still getting this error message. Good Job PI ..... why ask us to reproduce it? All you need to do is make another CK and it will reproduce itself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.