• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duuk

Reformed Badboy
23 Badges
Oct 16, 2001
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
Was in the middle of a siege and one of my units broke. I was moving my mouse over to see which regiment broke, got part way there on the screen,

and the game froze and I got an error message (see above Pure Virtual Function Call R6025) and had to end the task.

Upvote 0
Same errror happened to me. Just that it was in a battle and that one of the enemy regiments that broke and I clicked on that regiment to look at it, then the game froze. I can't reproduce it.

reproducible CTD in 1.03B save game

Hi there. I started a game as the king of england in 1.03b. I eventually reached the point where the game crashed, around 1088 or so. By pure luck, I had saved this game about a month or two before the crash. Now, that save crashes soon after loading every time I try it. I have sent it to a friend, also using 1.03B, and he reports the same problem. I would like to post the save file, but am not sure how to go about it.

Bumping this back up...

I had this problem. I was starting a crusade in Jerusalem and watching a battle when the enemies troop count went to zero. I then got this error. No save file.

I also have several autosave crashes with same pure virtual call. Happened perhaps 10 times after I got game week ago on monday, so started playing with 1.04a and continued with beta patches when they were out.

I have non-working save files from 5 crashes and old autosave file from one of them.

All autosaves end in province list and so it is impossible to load them. If needed I can send files...

Pure Virtual when a vassal of a vassal declares war on my vassal.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a consistant "This will cause a pure virtual".

The only way to find this one might be to grep the source code and match the functions and see what doesn't have a function defined.

Duuk said:
You know, I don't think I've ever seen a consistant "This will cause a pure virtual".

The only way to find this one might be to grep the source code and match the functions and see what doesn't have a function defined.

Yeah, I know Johan would be very willing to spend a week or two doing just that:D

Let's see where this thread leads us, normally at some point somebody finds something more detailed.

The R6025 error has happened to me under a 10/17 betapatch. It occurred during an auto-save.

I do have some detailed information that might help. I have two computers at home. One runs WIN98, and other XP. The WIN98 machine has never had this error when playing CK. Ever. The XP machine has had this happen under multiple patches (before the public beta). It also has the same error occur with two other games. These games have also been played on the WIN98 machine, and they never had the bug for three or four years of gameplay on that WIN98 machine.

I hypothosize that maybe there is something wrong with the Microsoft C++ library files in XP. This might explain why only certain people are getting it.

Feedback on your OS?

XP. No chance in heck I'm installing CK on my Win98 PC. It doesn't have much in the way of RAM. Just loading the game would take all afternoon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.