CS-BLIMP DEPOT DOES NOT GENERATE BLIMPS

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bshannon

Recruit
4 Badges
Jun 5, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
Why does my BLIMP DEPOT not generate blimps? All parameters have been met to meet minimum requirements for setup.

. The problem is that, even though I have my MASS TRANSIT DLC checked so it's on my game, and I've set up my Blimps just as I'm supposed to, the Blimp DEPOT will not generate any blimps. I let it run from (game-time) 15-3-2024 to 14-4-2033 and Still no blimps. The depot is down, the pathway is set up in a circle from one to the other of 3 unloading/loading sites (can't remember what they are called now, but they look like fenced in areas), and each of the loading sites has a path coming from and going back to the pathway between loading sites. The Depot also has a path set up from it to the pathway between loading sites.
. All is as it should be, but the depot will not generate blimps. Also, the population on the game is 15,255 … way over the minimum required.

. What am I doing wrong?

Post a picture of your network. I had to mess with mine to make it work.
If you have steam, it should pop up a screen shot tap in the steam menu which you can then use to find where the screen shots are stored. Not home otherwise I would screen shot that

just know that blimps are money pits

Why does my BLIMP DEPOT not generate blimps? All parameters have been met to meet minimum requirements for setup.

. The problem is that, even though I have my MASS TRANSIT DLC checked so it's on my game, and I've set up my Blimps just as I'm supposed to, the Blimp DEPOT will not generate any blimps. I let it run from (game-time) 15-3-2024 to 14-4-2033 and Still no blimps. The depot is down, the pathway is set up in a circle from one to the other of 3 unloading/loading sites (can't remember what they are called now, but they look like fenced in areas), and each of the loading sites has a path coming from and going back to the pathway between loading sites. The Depot also has a path set up from it to the pathway between loading sites.
. All is as it should be, but the depot will not generate blimps. Also, the population on the game is 15,255 … way over the minimum required.

. What am I doing wrong?

You say you have all the paths hooked up, including to the depot, which is good.
I'm not sure from you post, but did you place blimp routes along the blimp paths between the stops? (Like bus routes on roads.)

Reactions:
I think I took a screenshot (Shift/F11 or F12)...did both .... of what was called Network in my computer ..... but I don't know where to find it to attach it to this answer. Can you tell me where to look for it, please?
Mine are in:

JPG:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\{{big_number}}\760\remote\255710\screenshots
Replace {{big_number}} with whatever it is on yours. (Not sure if it is same or different from person to person. 255710 is Cities Skylines' APP# on Steam, so do a search for that if need be.)

PNG:
C:\Users\{{my_user_name}}\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Screenshots

Replace {{my_user_name}} with whatever your username is.

From what I remember, having only used blimps once, you set them up just like you do the ferries. You setup the route as you described with the dotted-lined route, then the next step requires adding in stops to each of the stations along the route.