• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grosshaus said:
It took a lot of effor to make the CK to EU2 convertor to work as it does and still it isn´t working all that well. Besides work on the actual convertor it required patching up EU2 and made some nice features and changes that could have been in CK impossible. I would not be surprised if they didn´t include such a feature.
That's a reason that would make me believe they will at least try to make a converter. Otherwise, the work they did will be for naught.

As EU3 will have a new engine while CK is still based on the EU2 engine, I doubt a converter is in planning. Furthermore, a converter should not be something Paradox itself invests energy in. I rather have them make the best out of one game, instead of (potentially) dropping nice features for the sake of compatibility. But that is just IMHO, and I have never played any CK game past 1250.

Havard said:
This is my guess. There are really so many things more deserving of development time.
Besides, King of Men will make a better converter soon enough anyway, even if there was an "official" one ;)

Ambassador said:
That's a reason that would make me believe they will at least try to make a converter. Otherwise, the work they did will be for naught.

They´d prolly need to rebuild it from scratch as I doubt EU3 will be all that compatible with EU2. Sequels made with such a long time interval seldom are.