• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLand

Post-Captain
43 Badges
Dec 19, 2004
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
Will EUIII be compatible with CK's EUII output feature?
Will it be able to output a file that can be exported for the start of Victoria?

(And will these features, if included at all, be set up to run smoothly so that (for instance) you don't find nations which end up very strong in a CK game but weren't included in EUII disappear, with the mod-literate player left to sort them out?)

Any yeses in the answer to this would be great - as indeed would any answer at all - but thought I would be demanding. :p

Maybe CK can be converted.....

But before vicky there is this 1789-1830 "Rise and Fall of Napoleon", waiting to be made ;)

And before starting this epic journey, lets anticipate "Vikings Rule the Waves", years 700-1066.

Not to mention the "The Great War", years 1900-1936

Then do a epic game from 700-1960 (tho ill bet youll have nuclear tech by 1920 Ready to go the moon by 1930.. infact been itching about it for some 200 years of affluency and superhight tech already)
Not to mention a WC by 1550, aside from a single province Ethiopia you have allowed to live.

Yggdrasil313 said:
Then do a epic game from 700-1960 (tho ill bet youll have nuclear tech by 1920 Ready to go the moon by 1930.. infact been itching about it for some 200 years of affluency and superhight tech already)
Not to mention a WC by 1550, aside from a single province Ethiopia you have allowed to live.

Yes, but where would the fun be in that? :p

I'd like to be able to play from 1066 to 1920. But I'd probably start with a nice minor county ... half the fun would be seeing how the world developed, and the other half would be the tos and fros of the nation over hundreds of years. I might save/reload to stop myself getting anihilliated at one stage or another: but not just because I'd had a setback....

The big issue I think will be the impact of how greatly different this new engine in development will be (including the 3D elements). If it is significantly different, then other Paradox games will likely not be compatable in the way they are currently with EU2.

Does it really matter? The time that one needed to complete a grand campaign in EU2 always seemed long enough alone.

I doubt Paradox will spend valuable development time on a marginal issue such as this. Luckily, there are enough able Mods out there to make it happen :)

2 Scudi Worth

I have always been a big proponent of compatibility between CK, EU, Vic, and HoI. It is perhaps the one thing that I have cheered the most for.

The ability to connect between the various time frames has great historical appeal. What better way to start an alternate EU3 game than to play out a short CK game first. Likewise for Victoria, albeit with a mod.

The more mundane reason that compatibility is important, is because it is an intrinsic marketing plan for subsequent games. I have CK, and get to 1453... I might well like to buy EU3 and continue playing my game. Yes?

Paradox has always done the right thing with this, and I assume that they will continue to do so.

It took a lot of effor to make the CK to EU2 convertor to work as it does and still it isn´t working all that well. Besides work on the actual convertor it required patching up EU2 and made some nice features and changes that could have been in CK impossible. I would not be surprised if they didn´t include such a feature.

Grosshaus said:
It took a lot of effor to make the CK to EU2 convertor to work as it does and still it isn´t working all that well. Besides work on the actual convertor it required patching up EU2 and made some nice features and changes that could have been in CK impossible. I would not be surprised if they didn´t include such a feature.

Hmm. I may have to learn to programme to do it. :p

What do you need to do?

Kingdom to Kingdom correspondance...
- names correspondance, ensuring of one power in each game
- political system correspondance from one system ot the other
- provinces correspondance (held and 'claimed')

Economic correspondance ...
- economic resources from one period to the next

Military correspondance ...
- military units or potential to military units

Yes, quite a bit of work.

TheLand said:
Yes, quite a bit of work.
Lots and lots of new EU2 tags. Not only where the CK'ers happy, but the EU2 modders too. It opened up all new prospects for EU2 modding.

But lets forget that, as obviously you know all about programming (while I know nothing about programming, so it easy for me to go "oooooooh" when I see a new feature implented that was before thought impossible).

Yggdrasil313 said:
Maybe CK can be converted.....

But before vicky there is this 1789-1830 "Rise and Fall of Napoleon", waiting to be made ;)

And before starting this epic journey, lets anticipate "Vikings Rule the Waves", years 700-1066.

Not to mention the "The Great War", years 1900-1936

I want a game from the begins of Egypt to the time of CK...so we may protect Egypt from heathens, or make Roman Empire=Europe ;)

I am not aware of any plans, currently, for Paradox to create an exporter utility for CK to EU3; and I somehow doubt that it would be something that's in their development budget or timeframe for the game. I also know that there's someone (I forget who, off hand) who made a better converter for CK-->EU2 and I would think that it's possible that (s)he -- or someone else -- could probably create one for CK-->EU3 once the game is released and the correct file formatting is known.

If there is a CK2, then I suspect that it's something that Paradox would consider for possible inclusion as a game feature (as they did when making CK). Of course that's impossible to know because we don't even know if a CK2 is even being considered.

I have no idea about the Vicky end of things since I have never particularly been part of that project.

MrT said:
If there is a CK2, then I suspect that it's something that Paradox would consider for possible inclusion as a game feature (as they did when making CK).
Why would they consider it for CK2 but not for EU3? I fail to see the logic here.

Zanza said:
Why would they consider it for CK2 but not for EU3? I fail to see the logic here.
It's an export function, not an import function, so it has very little (nearly nothing) to do with EU3.

CK to EU3 conversion?

Just curious if it is in the works that we can take our CK games and upload them to EU 3.....the starting date of 1453 makes me think yes. Still, its all open to interpretation.......this would be great for those who long to play as some of the older states like Byzantium.

Peace

If not officially, I am sure there will be a community-made converter. :)