Crusader Kings III. compatibility - Microsoft store vs. Steam

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dendas

Recruit
10 Badges
Sep 1, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
Hey.
I am curious how linking accounts work.
I pre-ordered CK3using my steam account and linked it with my paradox and xbox live account.
I am a fan of xbox account and would like to collect achievements here, not on my steam.

Question:
-Can I play CK3 using my Microsoft account (xbox live account) even though I bought it on steam?
Meaningg thah I can download it there or at least somehow share progress? Or do I need to buy another copy.
-If not. Can I play with my friends that bought it on microsoft store?

Buying any of our games on Steam does not give you a free copy on any other store's platform, no.

For crossplay, it's early days but as it can be done with Stellaris and IR I expect the answer is Yes, or will be soon.

Buying any of our games on Steam does not give you a free copy on any other store's platform, no.

For crossplay, it's early days but as it can be done with Stellaris and IR I expect the answer is Yes, or will be soon.
@AndrewT , I have the game through Microsoft as well.

How can I access mods on Steam Workshop?

So it looks like this game only uses Paradox MP services, not Steams, so crossplay MP should be no problem.
@AndrewT , I have the game through Microsoft as well.

How can I access mods on Steam Workshop?
You cannot, you need to be a Steam customer to access resources on their servers.

We run this site for non-Steam customers:

Reactions:
So it looks like this game only uses Paradox MP services, not Steams, so crossplay MP should be no problem.

You cannot, you need to be a Steam customer to access resources on their servers.

We run this site for non-Steam customers:

I actually checked Paradox Plaza's mods page earlier but it was empty, save for Divine's Test Mod.

I can now access more mods there when visiting your link on mobile. But the page is still empty when visiting on desktop for some reason (again, save Divine's mod).

Anyway, thanks very much.

EDIT: This seems to have been a login issue. It is resolved and I can now access the mods page on desktop.

Last edited: