• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So wait, am I correct in thinking that now whenever a vassal dies and his heir inherits, I'm looking at a -20 penalty to that heir's opinion of me? Because that seems rather harsh.

Yeah, hoping to avoid that. How about a kind of "my dad like you, so I guess you're a cool king" opinion bonus?

Yeah, hoping to avoid that. How about a kind of "my dad like you, so I guess you're a cool king" opinion bonus?

Do you like everyone your dad liked ?

I assumed it refers to how long their holdings have been your vassal, so the Duke of York won't suddenly hate you when you become the Emperor of Britannia nor will his son when he inherits but the Duke of Deheubarth you just conquered won't care that you've been King of England for 50 years and give you the short reign malus (or whatever it's been renamed to).

I suppose the penalty is there to make realms with old rulers who ruled long a little bit less stable.

I think it has more to do with Short Reign setting in at full volume the moment you obtain a higher title (huge potential for trouble) or change primary (techncial nuisance), personally.

i believe it were specific vassels. maybe its both, whichever is the highest(youve been king for just 10 days, but ruled me 10 years. i LIKE you and youve ruled me for a sec yet, but youre the old nice fella on the throne, so i LIKE you) to avoid problems

Does York become Jorvik? :eek:

I assume so. I wonder if duchy and kingdom level titles also get renamed, or if not perhaps this can be modded?

So I'm taking it the patch doesn't include a means to shift holdings to another type. So high slot counties stacked with castles and churches will remain junk.

I thought it was pretty clear that this was an easy change that desperately needed to be made. I expected it in the patch.

Disappointing.

About The Republic: Not so informative or interesting DD but still this is a SUATMM (shut up and take my money).

About the patch: Tears of joy: Tanistry gives finally some flavour for the Celts. Ultimogeniture sounds interesting and very useful.

And culture-bound renaming! I couldn't ever bother even hope for this, so this is a godsend gift. Finally Gloucester becomes Caerloyw and Oxford becomes Rhydychen when I take them in my Welsh reconquista!

Why do vendettas only apply to Republics? Why wouldn't that apply to any family in the game, including the ones in feudal societies? In fact, that would add alot of flavor to the game.

edit: nm, I see now that it will only apply to Republics, but is moddable. I hope it works well with the other families in the game.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how the cultural naming thing works? I really don't get where the names are pulled from...

I presume it works much like it did in a popular mod for EU3 (forget the name). When a county switches hands, an event fires that checks a list. The list has the correct cultural name for each county for every culture that might reasonably own the county. If a new culture owns it, it swaps the name from Pozen to Posen or what have you. The list is a lot like the cultural name lists, which link each name with it's correct cultural variant (Charles, Carlos, Karl, etc).

So it's probably only going to include places that actually traded culture in real history and bore different names. I doubt someone came up with a fantasy Occitan name for every county in Poland. But they most likely included a German and Russian name.

It may be implemented differently here, maybe checking once per year or upon each ruler's death or some such.

I don't think every culture will get them for every province, so if Scotland conquers Khiva, I think it'll just remains Khiva. I could be wrong though. (Surprise us, Paradox!)

615244-barney_1_large.jpg

Johan loves you, King loves me,
Republics playable before month 3,
With an early ruler death, dwarf retard next on tree....
Still no playable Teutonic order by v2.3​