• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i still do have some pryigng questions:

1. does EVERYONE in the family have shares in your trade empire? is there not any to circumvent this? i DONT want all merchant republics end up poor because of the expentional growth of ck1 dynasties. is it moddable like decadence? does this make it profitable to create some dynastically ran republics to boost income a bit?

2. can you create vassel republics as easy as now, or do they need to be independent/king level to get the mechanics?

3. is it theoretically possible to keep ruling for a long time and subdue your rivals to the point where they pose no/little threath for election? what happens when you kill all members of a family? does a event introduce a new one, are new members generated, are they instantly replaced? is it possible to join families by blood?

4. will vendetta's be possible for feudal lords as well? will vendetta's result in assassins, events and all that basicly wear down both families while the others grow?

Can we assume that willingly granting somebody their independence also forfeits any claims on the newly-independent realm?

Hehe:D Letting a rebellious duke go independent safe in the knowledge that you can easily re conquer him later with your retained claim? What would be the problem with that:p?

Do we have to pay for the portraits.

Yes, if you want them. Portrait DLCs have in the past been priced at $1.99 or 1.99 Euros.

Yes, if you want them. Portrait DLCs have in the past been priced at $1.99 or 1.99 Euros.

Are you going to use them in BLC?

The "Romeo and Juliet" like event is sweet and great along with the vendetta idea.

A rather unrelated question, me and some others are still wondering about the absolute down and upsides of having a tradepost or Republic in your feudal realm, besides the potential threat based on CBs.

Will cities gain so much from tradeposts that it will still be a big enough incentive for example a king to allow them ?
Will there be downsides for having a tradepost for a feudal ruler besides the CB threat ?

Are you going to use them in BLC?

The problem I am having with Better Looking Characters is the portrait dlcs are getting really... ugly, to put it kindly (in my opinion). And every time a dlc for portraits comes out, it is chosen that BLC requires them. This is very aggravating to me, because I do not really want these new portrait dlcs because they are making characters look very ugly and misformed (again, in my opinion).

I really only use the BLC for its Orthodox bishop vestments, but I might have to stop using it because I do not want to keep buying these portrait dlcs :(

that is just me though

More Italian republics? I had hoped to get a gimpse of more northerly localities.

It all looks well and good though. I am more excited about the 1.09 patch news than the actual DLC, tanistry will really fit my play style.

Last edited:
i wonder if the "very soon" mention for the full patch notes mean today, or tomorrow... or ?

Hell yeah, vendetta \m/

I wasn't expecting it.

Another question:
As the leader of a Patrician family, you have somewhat less control than a feudal noble would over who the male members of your dynasty marry. New events can see them marrying anything from a bar wench to the daughter of a wealthy merchant.
In the event that the "bar wench" situation arises, do Patricians have any means of expressing their displeasure? Banishment, disowning, attempting to force a divorce, etc.? Or are we just stuck with the results?

Now this all looks quite interesting indeed!

The problem I am having with Better Looking Characters is the portrait dlcs are getting really... ugly, to put it kindly (in my opinion). And every time a dlc for portraits comes out, it is chosen that BLC requires them. This is very aggravating to me, because I do not really want these new portrait dlcs because they are making characters look very ugly and misformed (again, in my opinion).

I really only use the BLC for its Orthodox bishop vestments, but I might have to stop using it because I do not want to keep buying these portrait dlcs :(

that is just me though

If there was actually a way for me to define graphical cultures with a mix of DLC and custom graphics, with a fallback to vanilla and custom graphics (or just vanilla graphics) I'd do so, but second_graphical_culture doesn't seem to work for me.