• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • Ultimogeniture Succession: the youngest child inherits
  • Tanistry: A version of Feudal Elective where the electors must pick a member of your dynasty, but will tend to pick distant relatives, preferably old claimants

Paradox... I love you! This is great. Thank you!

Wow thanks. Now it actually will make a lot of sense to land your heir and all the other things for the DLC look cool as well.
Looks great, will buy it as soon as possible.

As the leader of a Patrician family, you have somewhat less control than a feudal noble would over who the male members of your dynasty marry. New events can see them marrying anything from a bar wench to the daughter of a wealthy merchant.

Oh no... in the last DD we learnt that you have to share your income among all your family members... the way to stop this would, obviously have been to not marry any male family members unless you controled them. But now, that is out of the window.

This will probably result in players marrying off male dynasty members to very old women at age of 16 :s

So, the way to stop this would be to, may be allow them a say in the match too (16 year old will refuse to marry 35+ year old women).

Also, it would be nice if we got some of this eloping stuff on noble families too, especially the offsprings who are not high in line of succession.

Given that republics are all about getting money, I doubt that people will have many problems providing for relatives.

I assume that's the way it'll work.

The vendettas sound particularly interesting, mostly for the implication that now we'll be able to have some kind of relationship between dynasties, even if it just hostile ones for now. I wonder if we can repurpose that somehow for dynastic alliances and loyalties as well?

I dont see how Ultimogeniture would be good except for gaming matrilinear marriage or the off occasion that your first born is a fool and your youngest is a genius. Also, does the AI know to assassinate their mother if she becomes pregnant?

nice :D

This will probably result in players marrying off male dynasty members to very old women at age of 16 :s

From dev diary 3 : "However, unlike Feudal Elective realms where your "default" heir is chosen by Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture, in Merchant Republics it is done by Agnatic Seniority"
Do you really want to marry old ladies now ?

haha, cultural renaming? Awesome! I wonder how extensive the list of alternate names will be, and for how many cultures. I assume modders can add to this list whenever they want, yeah?

Yeah I can't wait for 1.09. This might be the first time I *don't* make an extra backup of a previous patch version, because I see no reason to want to play 1.08 after 1.09 comes out.