• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question, is any way to make a title yours instead of being part of the republic so when your doge character dies you dont lose everything?

I think he has been stated numerous times that your family has possession moreso than just the estate.

Personally I'd like to see more uncertainty in feudal elections, so that a player can't be guaranteed getting the heir of his choice, making elective succession less like an easy mode and making me more likely to want to use it sometimes. It'd be interesting to have some of the mechanics for republic elections transferred to the feudal elections.

Seconded, thirded, fourthed and fifthed. With a particular emphasis on bribing/threatening particular electors to support the candidate of your choice.

I'd have liked to have both the Senate and Popular Assemblies shown, you would have to both appeal to the commoners and to the aristocracy.

I have a question, what happens to your income if you give family members holdings? Do your family members have to give you a share of their income as well?

What happens to a family member (and their income) if they own a castle/church holding, do they still deduct money from you?

Excellent. Playing a merchant republic is going to make money incredibly important. I'd also like to know if there's really any penalties for getting your family as powerful as possible without actually ever becoming doge? Does the doge have many powers to attack/sabotage the second in command family? What stops you making the entire republic powerful and your house powerful and then your family taking over at the last minute? Playing a merchant republic in ck2 is going to have gameplay totally different to that found in any other game.

Im just happy I had some thing to read today. Im more happy now that it seems the game will still have some juicy family in fighting and a not so straight forward choice for who shall be made my hier. Its kinda how feudal politics should have been... and I assume they will be become more so with further patches ;) CKII is just getting better all the time. Cant wait for the next Vicky2 expansion too ;) ;) nudge nudge

And +1 to Portal just because he is Aussie, nah just kidding, I do think that it is a good idea for the next round of updatage though (Yes I just offically made that a word)

Last edited:
I will kill them all. They will not touch my money. Except if they are in my court, because me or my heir will gain their money at their death. They will have no lands. Nothing. MONEY IS FOR ME.

Is it possible to modify respect with flags or traits? Would be a good addition for modders:rolleyes:

I'm sad that yet again they insist on a 'feature' that punishes you for having children. It's one of the reasons people are so turned off from Muslims.

Each type of gameplay has this "feature" (for example having too many sons is a problem for Christian feudal lords under pretty much every inheritance system). This is a very concious (and correct) strategic decision, as otherwise simply having more children would always be better than having less children - now, instead, you have to gamble whether to stop breeding at some point (and risk having your dynasty die out) or continue breeding (and risk having too many children in the end).

Each type of gameplay has this "feature" (for example having too many sons is a problem for Christian feudal lords under pretty much every inheritance system). This is a very concious (and correct) strategic decision, as otherwise simply having more children would always be better than having less children - now, instead, you have to gamble whether to stop breeding at some point (and risk having your dynasty die out) or continue breeding (and risk having too many children in the end).

Except having more children IS always better than having less children in the middle ages.

Dynasties didn't have few kids because of these ridiculously gamey considerations, they had few kids because even for the aristocracy mortality was high.

I'm sad that yet again they insist on a 'feature' that punishes you for having children. It's one of the reasons people are so turned off from Muslims.

A simple way to fix this would be to increase infant mortality and mortality in general in the game, like in CK1. That way, you won't take children and heirs for granted anymore (better a crappy heir than no heir).

A simple way to fix this would be to increase infant mortality and mortality in general in the game, like in CK1. That way, you won't take children and heirs for granted anymore (better a crappy heir than no heir).
If anything, I'd think it would have the opposite effect. If your children are dying by the dozen, then they're nothing more than disposable tools. Pop out as many as you can and spread your dynasty as far and wide as you can in the hope that some survive.

Little confuse here, Ok So old memeber of dystanty all become the next Patrican, then how does choice heir help, you could choice a young man would be counter defeat the success system?