• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But I mean having Elections every 10 or so years, rather than Doges simply ruling until death.

But I mean having Elections every 10 or so years, rather than Doges simply ruling until death.

Scratch that, I could probably make use of the abdicate mod.

I really hope landed dynasty members are excluded. It will feel so silly if I manage to put a family member on, for example, the throne of France, and he still expects me to pay him an allowance. Though, if it works that way, I wonder if, when playing a feudal lord, creating a republic for a dynasty member means that they will start paying you?

What happens if say the Hansa conquers Gotland?

Mussolini also adopted some of the trappings and rhetoric of the Roman Empire to glorify the fascists. Was Fascist Italy then the reborn Roman Empire? Or was it just an attempt to co-opt the artefacts of history to give his rulership more legitimacy?

I would say that if you’re a republic and rule Rome, you get to be the Roman Republic. And, should you manage to destroy Byzantium and conquer all the great cities of ancient Rome, well then, people will accept you as the Roman Empire.

Nice stuff! Horses of Saint Mark are impatient to come in the city they belong. I hope its going to be fun playing Venice.

Little confuse here, Ok So old memeber of dystanty all become the next Patrican, then how does choice heir help, you could choice a young man would be counter defeat the success system?

This also annoys me to some degree. The medici were most certainly not just led by the oldest man in the family.

This also annoys me to some degree. The medici were most certainly not just led by the oldest man in the family.

Its rather old guys becoming Doge, the family head can be anyone by handing out the honory title.

Damn, im following like 5 dev diaries and they are all shaken up in my mind. Remind me, this is the one with the Nukes developed by Scottish guys right?

no but I wish it was, that would be a cool

I hope there are uses for family members in the family company other than just as councilors. I believe historically sons often worked as captains or in other key roles in the merchant company.

I don't get what you actually do being part of a republic. You get gold / prestige what ever so you can become dodge, then what? Do you just become dodge just to make more gold & prestige or do you get to make descions and invade people ect? Can you marry with feudal lords ? I'm so confused lol

I don't get what you actually do being part of a republic. You get gold / prestige what ever so you can become dodge, then what? Do you just become dodge just to make more gold & prestige or do you get to make descions and invade people ect? Can you marry with feudal lords ? I'm so confused lol

You build trade posts, try to control most of the trade and make more money.

Stuff

And an Empire? A Republic of the Holy Roman Empire? A republic of Britannia? Hmm yummy!
More Stuff
I've made this already. A mayor(Not Lord-Mayor, he only had a city) started a faction claiming the HRE. Me, the mega-duke I was(Trying to form Germany) joined this faction and the HRE went into a massive Civil War. We won, and then there was a German Republic.

Well, look what I found....

Code:
210898 Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits 0 2013-01-04 14:10:42 
210906 Crusader Kings II: The Republic 0 2013-01-04 14:10:42

No music or unit DLC listed yet, but we still have ten days.

Well, look what I found....

Code:
210898 Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits 0 2013-01-04 14:10:42 
210906 Crusader Kings II: The Republic 0 2013-01-04 14:10:42

No music or unit DLC listed yet, but we still have ten days.

So midnight release on gamer gate?

Since I live in the NJ does mean I going et NE time zone, there midnight alot earlier or my midnight?