• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, look what I found....

Code:
210898 Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits 0 2013-01-04 14:10:42 
210906 Crusader Kings II: The Republic 0 2013-01-04 14:10:42

No music or unit DLC listed yet, but we still have ten days.

It's called songs of prosperity.

:)
:glare:
:huh:

OH, COME ON!!!
At least tell me this is moddable? :(

Surprising that a feminist nation like Sweden has developers which games has these sorts of limitations!

*rins*

wait, so everyone has a share in the familiy buisness? so its basicly worthless to spread your dynasty, even less so than with muslims? or are there things to counteract this? i can get into brothers and uncles getting money, but kinsmen form the third degree have no rights on my incoem at all. doesnt mean i cant give them some land, but if it forces me to go all stabby constantly i think im going to pass this dlc.

I don't get what you actually do being part of a republic. You get gold / prestige what ever so you can become dodge, then what? Do you just become dodge just to make more gold & prestige or do you get to make descions and invade people ect? Can you marry with feudal lords ? I'm so confused lol

Yes, of course. When you are a Doge, you are playing the Republic with the same options (plus some more, like trade posts) as any other ruler has. So you can declare wars, and conquer new provinces for that Republic.

wait, so everyone has a share in the familiy buisness? so its basicly worthless to spread your dynasty, even less so than with muslims? or are there things to counteract this? i can get into brothers and uncles getting money, but kinsmen form the third degree have no rights on my incoem at all. doesnt mean i cant give them some land, but if it forces me to go all stabby constantly i think im going to pass this dlc.
I imagine that, like decadence, it'll be moddable in defines, if you so desire.

:)
:glare:
:huh:

OH, COME ON!!!
At least tell me this is moddable? :(

Definitely an outrage, I mean, why can't I have my underage child elected to dogehood?! It's obvious Paradox has something against Children... >.<

I say, if a Child can become the King-Bishop of Scotland, with the proper claim-pressing, a child can be elected to Doge of Iceland.

( :p )

I personally hope the income split becomes a system where 50% of your income is in a pool, and everyone in your dynasty has a value worth their share in the pie. You could have a value of 100, your brothers 20, your kinsman 5, and so on. It would represent your income dwindling as your dynasty increases, but it wouldn't make you simply bankrupt from giving allowances by giving you a minimum percentage of your income...

It's only the doge title that is removed on death right? Any other titles you accrue are given to your heir, no?

As far as I know, we have no info about that. What will happen with Mayor, Lord Mayor and regular Doge titles under the new system? Will they still be given to random dudes, or stay within the same Patrician family?

They said that any ducal-tier burgher title based on a coastal province would become its own republic. Does that mean that you can have say the Republic of Genoa (ducal level) within the Serenissima Republic of Venice (Kingdom level)?

So many questions left. I wonder if it will become obvious once we get the DLC, or if some kind of tutorial would be helpful.

As far as I know, we have no info about that. What will happen with Mayor, Lord Mayor and regular Doge titles under the new system? Will they still be given to random dudes, or stay within the same Patrician family?

They said that any ducal-tier burgher title based on a coastal province would become its own republic. Does that mean that you can have say the Republic of Genoa (ducal level) within the Serenissima Republic of Venice (Kingdom level)?

So many questions left. I wonder if it will become obvious once we get the DLC, or if some kind of tutorial would be helpful.

I've seen Genoa conquer Venice and not even recreate the kingdom title. :p

But anyway, Genoa and Pisa will start as king-tier burghers with this DLC. I'm just wondering if this means giving Genoa and Pisa full six holding slots this time, as especially Pisa isn't really huge. (While historically it tended to be a strong player early on.)

True, Genoa and Pisa will probably have their King-tier titles. But I believe they said even ducal republics with coastal capital would generate their 5 families. My bet is that within another republic though, that won't happen - only one big election for the Serenissime Doge. But we're still left in the dark about how succession will work for lower burgher titles.

I hope that you can somehow influence who will inherit them, otherwise that would mean you couldn't keep any vassal or title or holding outside of your trade posts if you're no longer Head of the Republic, which would make the game less interesting IMHO.

True, Genoa and Pisa will probably have their King-tier titles. But I believe they said even ducal republics with coastal capital would generate their 5 families. My bet is that within another republic though, that won't happen - only one big election for the Serenissime Doge. But we're still left in the dark about how succession will work for lower burgher titles.

I hope that you can somehow influence who will inherit them, otherwise that would mean you couldn't keep any vassal or title or holding outside of your trade posts if you're no longer Head of the Republic, which would make the game less interesting IMHO.

Personally, I'm just waiting to see the Republic of Ireland at some point in the screenshots thread. ;)