• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Windows search function is actually pretty great and fast (I used it all the time for CK2 and CK3), but you have to manually add the folders to be indexed. In Windows 10 you do this through "Indexing Options"* (you can just type it into the start menu) and add the folders from there. Once Windows has indexed them you'll be good to go. Makes life a lot easier when you search for things in the game files a lot (which I tend to do). :)

Just be careful not to add too many irrelevant folders, or you may end up with a lot of irrelevant results when you search.

*I don't know how to do it in other Windows versions.
I found that Search Indexing caused serious ongoing performance issues, so I turned it off. (Caveat: My computer is about 3 years old by now, so maybe this has been fixed in one of the more-recent Win10 updates.)

Still, even without indexing, the default windows search works perfectly well for me about 90% of the time. I only fall back to Notepad++ in the other 10% of cases where it fails.

The Windows search function is actually pretty great and fast..

But does it open the file at the line where the sought after term is ?
Not as far as i've seen in Win10 so far. Clicking on the found file just opens it at the top.
While Notepad++ does automatically go to the line and marks it, depening on settings.

Reactions:
Found that, but it only makes things more confusing. It says 68000 - 68999 are unused, which means the smuggler events are unused (68020, 68021), but that is not correct, since I had the first event (but never the second).
It would be better if I could find the actual event, not just some index number.
Copy the game files (the whole thing) to your downloads folder. Then you should be able to search that folder for id names, commands, conditions(whatever) and find them lickity split. Otherwise you have to open a file, search in it close it, repeat 1 million times. Super inefficient

Reactions:
Copy the game files (the whole thing) to your downloads folder..

Errrmmm....
Using a proper editor lik Notepad++, as mentioned and recommended several times above,
should really be the prefered method to that. No need to copy any files or folders either.

official page :

Outside that there are for example two other editors recommended as well (here for CK2 modders) :

I'd like to play another new game on a shattered world map starting in 769. Last game I played as Byzantine and Germanic raiders constantly arrived in huge waves since they had taken over almost all of northern, western and central Europe. I don't mind the Germanic tribes taking over but the massive numbers of raiders ruined all the fun of playing the game.
Any suggestions on how to change the game settings to avoid or at least alleviate the problem? (I don't want to turn raiding off because of the achievments)

(I don't want to turn raiding off because of the achievments)

You are aware that in shattered world mode there are only a handful (5) achievements ?

The only alternatives to changing game rules i see are:
- turning the bordering germanic states into longterm tributaries.
- using the options in SH mode to Consolidated Dukes and holding types as feudal.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'd like to play another new game on a shattered world map starting in 769. Last game I played as Byzantine and Germanic raiders constantly arrived in huge waves since they had taken over almost all of northern, western and central Europe. I don't mind the Germanic tribes taking over but the massive numbers of raiders ruined all the fun of playing the game.
Any suggestions on how to change the game settings to avoid or at least alleviate the problem? (I don't want to turn raiding off because of the achievments)
I think the "problem" here is that unreformed (tribal?) pagans get free subjugation with the "become king" objective. This means that pagan realms will consolidate a lot more quickly than christian realms.

You could try changing some of the settings that the AI can't handle well but players can - eg. half/quarter demesne size; quarter vassal limit; 2x/4x revolt size. This will tend to make AI realms unstable. (This is btw an easy way to deal with the Abbablob in the normal 769 start.)

If you're bothered by Germanic raiders and want a Byzantine start, try starting somewhere that doesn't have any coastline. That way, you'll only have to worry about land-based raiding adventurers. If you also start far from nomad lands (eg. inland Anatolia?) then you shouldn't have so many nomad adventurers either. This will give you time in the eary game to consolidate your land and build up a big enough army that you can engage in the usual counter-raid strategy: defeat their raiding troops and they can't raid you for 5 years.

Hey. Quick question - are you somehow barred from renaming yourself, should you inherit before the age of 10?

Context - as Jewish Coptic Sultan of Kemet, I died young without male heir and Primogeniture brought me to my cousin´s grandson who was swallowed 2 generations before by Abbasid blob. Due to him being abroad, I wasn´t able to rename the children in my line of succession to Yazid, as have been all my Sultans beofre. Now thought I will just rename myself since I am 8, as well as my brothers to purify line of sucession of any non-Yazids. My brothers went somoothly, but I don´t have the option (instead of Rename character button, there is the grey Wikipedia link). Bug or Working as Intended? Ironman run for Kingdom of Israel.

Hey. Quick question - are you somehow barred from renaming yourself, should you inherit before the age of 10?

Context - as Jewish Coptic Sultan of Kemet, I died young without male heir and Primogeniture brought me to my cousin´s grandson who was swallowed 2 generations before by Abbasid blob. Due to him being abroad, I wasn´t able to rename the children in my line of succession to Yazid, as have been all my Sultans beofre. Now thought I will just rename myself since I am 8, as well as my brothers to purify line of sucession of any non-Yazids. My brothers went somoothly, but I don´t have the option (instead of Rename character button, there is the grey Wikipedia link). Bug or Working as Intended? Ironman run for Kingdom of Israel.
I believe this is working as intended, ie. you are only able to rename other characters - the theory being that a competent adult can rename a very young relative. The fact that a young player can also rename their relatives is probably an unintended side effect.

Since you're in ironman, I can only think of one way to rename your character: abdicate before the cutoff age. The typical way to do this would be to provoke a tyranny revolt (eg. failed imprisonment) and immediately surrender. You should now be playing as a different character, and you will be able to rename your previous character (because they're under the cutoff age and are probably in your court). If you wish (and if your succession laws permit), you should be able to repeat the tyranny abdication process to revert back to your previous character.

Reactions:
How do I make money as tribal without access to to sea and no ships? Counties around me are also poor so there's really no option to raid tbh.
You can raid for prisoners: send your raiders to some nearby duke's/king's capital, siege it down, take their kids prisoner, ransom them back. (Check first that the duke/king can afford to pay the ransom...) (If possible, get yourself the ability that gives increased chance of capturing artifacts & prisoners in sieges - eg. via bloodline or via rank 1 in most warrior lodges.)

You can extort tribute from the realms around you. (As long as you don't intend to conquer them in the next 5 years.) This gives you a fair amount of cash, probably some prisoners to ransom, and also allows you to call them into your other offensive wars. It's a great way to snowball as an early-game independent tribal ruler.

Of course, the ideal is that you conquer your way to the sea and then start raiding with boats.

There is also a rather exploity tactic that trivialises gold in CK2. You can't un-know it, and it might ruin your enjoyment of the game, so only read it if you're desperate:
You can search for characters who are rich, unlanded, unmarried and have no living ancestors, descendants or siblings. (Eg: Look for the adventurer trait.) Invite them to your court (eg. with a favor) and murder them - you will inherit their gold.

You can also create this type of character via holy war: Towards the end of an offensive holy war, buy favors from all of the mayors and bishops in the target county/duchy/kingdom. (Most will have a few hundred gold, but some mayors accumulate thousands!) When you win the war, they become unlanded and hate you. The next day, use the favor to invite them to your court. (Don't wait any longer or they may be made councillors. And be sure to wait that one day, so that they join another court - don't invite them when they're in limbo.) Then either wait for them to die, or murder them.

Reactions:
Hey fellas, if I destroy Kingdom of Israel after my distant ancestor did create it via the decision, will I be able to take the decision again? And if I do, will the Bloodline be created again? He died without descendants and therefore the bloodline died with him.

Hey fellas, if I destroy Kingdom of Israel after my distant ancestor did create it via the decision, will I be able to take the decision again? And if I do, will the Bloodline be created again? He died without descendants and therefore the bloodline died with him.

The decision can be taken again if the kindom has no holder and it will create a bloodline for whoever takes the decision.

Reactions:
I lost this duchy in a succession (I only set an empire heir and I forgot to nominate a duchy heir, I think?). How can I get it back without killing everyone in my dynasty, the duke never sets me, his liege, as heir its always someone different. Cant think of another way then revoke his titels 4 times

Attachments

• ck2_1.png
    ck2_1.png
    3,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I lost this duchy in a succession (I only set an empire heir and I forgot to nominate a duchy heir, I think?). How can I get it back without killing everyone in my dynasty, the duke never sets me, his liege, as heir its always someone different. Cant think of another way then revoke his titels 4 times

Assuming your primary title is "elective gavelkind" as well, then that explains basicaly everything.

Short version for 'losing' the title on succession, primary title successor gets elected among your dynasty,
other titles go to your sons.

The Wiki page on it for details

You can get it back simply by revoking it, as you should get claims on succession, as far as i recall.
Alternatively by using a plot.

Not idea what you are on about with your 'revoke his titles 4 times'.

As you may be aware, the fallback succession law is primogeniture. If you trace your family tree from the current duke to your character, are you at all close to inherit via primo?

If yes, then you can get the title via "simultaneous" execution while the game is paused: first execute all nominated heirs; then execute everyone between you and the current duke; then execute the current duke. Downside: Maximum kinslayer.

If not, revoking the titles is your only viable option. If you have access to excommunication, you can do this without tyranny: wait until the current duke becomes an adult; excommunicate; repeatedly imprison/release until he rebels; crush rebellion; revoke titles; imprison/release; crush rebellion; revoke titles; etc.

You can get it back simply by revoking it, as you should get claims on succession, as far as i recall.
Sorry, I don't think this is correct. I believe the primary heir only gets claims after succession if the secondary heir becomes independent.

(And even then, you only get a claim on the secondary heir's top-tier title(s) - eg. if they have 2 kingdoms and then inherit 3 more and become independent then you only get claims on the 3 that caused them to become independent. OP wants to revoke the counties, but definitely would never receive claims on them even if the new duke chose to become independent, so this is doubly impractical.)

This might possibly work. If the county of gotland is de jure part of the duchy of austergotland (which is usually is) then there should be several available plots. However, even in the best case (where the duke rebels, so you can take two titles), it will take decades to revoke every title (because you have to wait 5-10 years before you can repeat a plot against the same character). But there's no tyranny or kinslayer.

Reactions:
Assuming your primary title is "elective gavelkind" as well, then that explains basicaly everything.

Short version for 'losing' the title on succession, primary title successor gets elected among your dynasty,
other titles go to your sons.

The Wiki page on it for details

Not idea what you are on about with your 'revoke his titles 4 times'.
Thanks, Its been a while since I played ck so I don't remember all the details about succession, I had a Family-line switch upon succession, and I wanted someone else as Emperor. So I guess the old emperors' children never get left empty-handed? My new emperor has no claims so I can't revoke without tyranny.
I meant revoke 4 times because its the duchy plus counties I want.

Hi Guys,
my Character is a known demon worshipper, ive had the demon hunter event trice already, killed two of my children, and bribed him once.
Will this never have an end? will they always come back for more? can I beat them? Despite having tons of martial and personal combat prowess, the odds of dying are always around +50%
quick wiki search didnt show me the event and its mtths

Hi Guys,
my Character is a known demon worshipper, ive had the demon hunter event trice already, killed two of my children, and bribed him once.
Will this never have an end? will they always come back for more? can I beat them? Despite having tons of martial and personal combat prowess, the odds of dying are always around +50%
quick wiki search didnt show me the event and its mtths
This is honestly the first time I've done a double-take on reading event code:

Code:
####### Hidden: Demon/Witch-hunters SET-UP ########
character_event = {
    id = MNM.7854
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
        has_dlc = "Mystics"
        #is_devil_worshiper_trigger = yes
        OR = {
               has_character_modifier = known_satanist
               has_character_flag = was_ratted_out_by_fellow_member
            has_character_flag = has_it_coming
        }
    }

weight_multiplier = {
        factor = 1
        modifier = {
            factor = 1.5
            society_rank == 3
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            society_rank == 4
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            independent = yes
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            is_devil_worshiper_trigger = yes
        }
    }

immediate = {
        if = { #Incapable ruler attacked in bed
            limit = { is_incapable = yes }
            set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_is_incapable
            break = yes
        }
        #chooses who attacks you...
        random_list = {
            10 = {
                trigger = { NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer } }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer
            }
            10 = {
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers
                trigger = {
                    OR = {
                        has_character_modifier = cat_familiar
                        has_character_modifier = wolf_familiar
                        has_character_modifier = raven_familiar
                        has_character_modifier = owl_familiar
                    }
                    NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers }
                }
            }
            10 = {
                trigger = { NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters } }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters
            }
            10 = {
                trigger = { NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter } }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter
            }
            10 = {
                trigger = { NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights } }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights
            }

#if attacked a second time...
            10 = {
                trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer }
                modifier = {
                       factor = 1000
                      has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer
                   }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer_again
                clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer
            }
            10 = {
                trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers }
                modifier = {
                       factor = 1000
                      has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers
                   }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers_again
                clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers
            }
            10 = {
                trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters }
                modifier = {
                       factor = 1000
                      has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters
                   }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters_again
                clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters
            }
            10 = {
                trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter }
                modifier = {
                       factor = 1000
                      has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter
                   }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter_again
                clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter
            }
            10 = {
                trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights }
                modifier = {
                       factor = 1000
                      has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights
                   }
                set_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights_again
                clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights
            }
        }

#Finds someone else to blame...
        hidden_effect = {
            society = {
                #first look for someone you like...
                  random_society_member = {
                    limit = {
                        is_incapable = no
                        prisoner = no
                        NOT = { character = ROOT }
                        OR = {
                            is_friend = ROOT
                            is_lover = ROOT
                        }
                    }
                    save_event_target_as = other_member_to_blame
                    break = yes
                }
                #Then look for someone you rival...
                    limit = {
                        is_incapable = no
                        prisoner = no
                        is_rival = ROOT
                    }
                    break = yes
                }
                #Then look for someone of your own dynasty...
                    limit = {
                        is_incapable = no
                        prisoner = no
                        is_blood_relative_of_root_trigger = yes
                    }
                    break = yes
                }
                #find someone at court...
                    limit = {
                        is_incapable = no
                        prisoner = no
                        host = { character = ROOT }
                    }
                    break = yes
                }

# Then look for someone in the same realm
                    limit = {
                        is_incapable = no
                        prisoner = no
                        same_realm = yes
                    }
                    break = yes
                }

# Then look abroad...
                    limit = {
                        is_incapable = no
                        prisoner = no
                        is_within_diplo_range = ROOT
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    after = {
        character_event = { id = MNM.7855 }
        clr_character_flag = has_it_coming
    }
}

#Demon/Witch-hunters have tracked you down!
character_event = {
    id = MNM.7855
    title = EVTTITLE_MNM_7855
    picture = GFX_evt_catching_heretic
    border = GFX_event_normal_frame_war
    is_triggered_only = yes

hide_from = yes

trigger = {
        has_dlc = "Mystics"
        OR = {
               has_character_modifier = known_satanist
               has_character_flag = was_ratted_out_by_fellow_member
        }
    }

desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer } #The Slayer
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_A
        picture = GFX_evt_whispers
    }
    desc = { #To set pictures...
        trigger = {
               has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers # Angry Villagers
            has_dlc = "Reapers"
        }
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_B
        picture = GFX_evt_witch_burning
    }
    desc = { #To set pictures (if NOT has Reapers)...
        trigger = {
            NOT = { has_dlc = "Reapers" }
        }
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_B
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters } #Winchesters
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_C
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter } #Demon Hunter
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_D
        picture = GFX_evt_dark_love
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights } #Holy Knights
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_E
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_is_incapable } #Incapable ruler attacked in bed
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_F
        picture = GFX_evt_illness
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer_again } #The Slayer II
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_A_again
        picture = GFX_evt_whispers
    }
    desc = { #To set pictures...
        trigger = {
               has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers_again # Angry Villagers II
            has_dlc = "Reapers"
        }
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_B_again
        picture = GFX_evt_witch_burning
    }
    desc = { #To set pictures (if NOT has Reapers)...
        trigger = {
               has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers_again
            NOT = { has_dlc = "Reapers" }
        }
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_B_again
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters_again } #Winchesters II
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_C_again
        picture = GFX_evt_dark_prayer
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter_again } #Demon Hunter II
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_D_again
        picture = GFX_evt_shadow
    }
    desc = {
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights_again } #Holy Knights II
        text = EVTDESC_MNM_7855_E_again
        picture = GFX_evt_battle
    }

option = { #fight them...
        trigger = { NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_is_incapable } }
        name = {
            trigger = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
            text = EVTOPTA_MNM_7855
        }
        name = {
            trigger = {
                OR = {
                    has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer_again
                    has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters_again
                    has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter_again
                    has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights_again
                }
            }
            text = EVTOPTA_MNM_7855_again
        }
        custom_tooltip = { text = EVTOPTA_MNM_7855_TT }

random_list = {
            10 = {
                #Nothing happens
                modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      has_injury_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      is_maimed_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                       has_severe_disability_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                       has_medium_disability_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                       is_smart_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                       is_strong_trigger = yes
                   }
                   custom_tooltip = { text = they_escape_TT }
            }
            30 = { #You are injured
                 modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 10
                   }
                 modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 20
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 30
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 40
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 50
                   }
                   custom_tooltip = {
                    text = you_are_seriously_injured_TT
                    hidden_effect = { add_maimed_trait_effect = yes }
                }
            }
            50 = { #You are slain in personal combat
                modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 10
                   }
                 modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 20
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 30
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 40
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      combat_rating = 50
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                       has_lifestyle_martial_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                       has_education_martial_trigger = yes
                       has_top_tier_education_trait_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                    has_severe_disability_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                       is_dumb_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                       is_weak_trigger = yes
                   }
                   custom_tooltip = {
                    text = you_are_killed_in_personal_combat_TT
                    hidden_effect = { death = { death_reason = death_duel } }
                }
            }
        }
    }

option = { #attempt to bribe them...
        trigger = { NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_is_incapable } }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_A
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_B
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_C
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_D
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_E
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_A_again
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer_again }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_B_again
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers_again }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_C_again
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters_again }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_D_again
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter_again }
        }
        name = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_E_again
            trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights_again }
        }

custom_tooltip = {
            text = EVTOPTC_MNM_7855_TT
        }

scaled_wealth = {
            value = -1 min = -100
        }

random_list = {
            10 = {
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                      has_unattractive_trait_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 0.9
                       is_unattractive_trigger = yes
                   }
                 modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                      diplomacy = 10
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                      diplomacy = 15
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                      diplomacy = 17
                   }
                 modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                      diplomacy = 20
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                       has_top_tier_education_trait_trigger = yes
                       has_education_diplomacy_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                      has_attractive_trait_trigger = yes
                   }
                   modifier = {
                       factor = 1.1
                       is_attractive_trigger = yes
                   }
                custom_tooltip = { text = they_accept_your_offer_TT }
            }
            20 = { #You are injured
                custom_tooltip = { text = you_are_seriously_injured_TT }
                hidden_effect = { add_maimed_trait_effect = yes }
            }
            40 = { #You are dragged off and burnt as a witch/warlock
                trigger = {
                    OR = {
                    }
                }
                custom_tooltip = {
                    text = they_drag_you_off_to_burn
                    hidden_effect = { death = { death_reason = death_execution_burning } }
                }
            }
            10 = { #You are dragged off and burnt as a witch/warlock
                trigger = {
                    OR = {
                    }
                }
                custom_tooltip = {
                    text = they_saw_you_in_half
                    hidden_effect = { death = { death_reason = death_execution_sawing } }
                }
            }
            10 = { #You are dragged off and burnt as a witch/warlock
                trigger = {
                    OR = {
                    }
                }
                custom_tooltip = {
                    text = they_impale_you
                    hidden_effect = { death = { death_reason = death_execution_impaling } }
                }
            }
        }
    }

option = { #do a spell (sacrifice your child)...
        name = EVTOPTB_MNM_7855
        custom_tooltip = { text = EVTOPTB_MNM_7855_TT }

if = {
            limit = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
            custom_tooltip = { text = EVTOPTB_MNM_7855_TT_singular }
        }
        if = {
            limit = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
            custom_tooltip = { text = EVTOPTB_MNM_7855_TT_plural }
        }

detract_society_currency_major_effect = yes

random_child = {
            limit = { is_child_of = ROOT }
            random_accident_death_effect = yes
        }

trigger = {
            NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_is_incapable }
            has_society_currency_major_trigger = yes
            num_of_children = 1
            any_child = {
                is_child_of = ROOT
                ai = yes
            }
        }
    }

option = { #offer them another member...!
        name = EVTOPTD_MNM_7855
        custom_tooltip = { text = EVTOPTD_MNM_7855_TT }

if = {
            limit = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
            random = {
                chance = 50
                custom_tooltip = {
                    text = they_drag_you_off_to_burn
                    hidden_effect = { death = { death_reason = death_execution_burning } }
                }
            }    
        }
        if = {
            limit = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
            random = {
                chance = 50
                custom_tooltip = {
                    text = they_saw_you_in_half
                    hidden_effect = { death = { death_reason = death_execution_sawing } }
                }
            }    
        }
        if = {
            limit = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
            random = {
                chance = 50
                custom_tooltip = {
                    text = they_impale_you
                    hidden_effect = { death = { death_reason = death_execution_impaling } }
                }
            }    
        }

event_target:other_member_to_blame = {
            set_character_flag = was_ratted_out_by_fellow_member
            if = {
                limit = {
                    ai = yes
                }
                increase_visibility_minor_effect = yes
            }
        }

trigger = {
            NOT = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_is_incapable }
             is_devil_worshiper_trigger = yes
             society_rank < 4

event_target:other_member_to_blame = { always = yes }
        }
    }
    option = {
        name = EVTOPTE_MNM_7855
        trigger = { has_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_is_incapable }
        death = { death_reason = death_execution_burning }
    }

after = {
        #CLEAR ALL FLAGS
        clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_the_slayer_again
        clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_angry_villagers_again
        clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_demon_hunters_again
        clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_lone_demon_hunter_again
        clr_character_flag = DW_was_attacked_by_righteous_knights_again
        clr_character_flag = was_ratted_out_by_fellow_member
    }
}

So much flavour that I've literally never seen!

Effectively, you can be attacked by about 5 different types of demon hunter (each with different event text!), and the attacks can recur indefinitely. (Although it's EXTREMELY likely that the same type of demon hunter will attack you two times in a row.)

The only way to prevent this event chain from continually recurring is to lose the character modifier "known satanist". Once that modifier is gone, you can only get hunted if you're "ratted out by a fellow member" (ie. a fellow member gets the event chain and points the hunters at you) or if you "have it coming" (whatever that means) - and in both cases those flags are cleared after a single occurence, so you should no longer get it from the "society bi-yearly pulse" random event rotation.

---

EDIT: Here are the stats on the various ways of dealing with them:
  • Fight (with >50 PCS & martial lifestyle & martial education & smart & strong)
    • 25%: Win
    • 25%: Maimed
    • 50%: Die
  • Bribe (with >20 diplo & grey eminence & attractive & "an attractive trait" (groomed?))
    • 20%: Bribe succeeds
    • 20%: Maimed
    • 60%: Die (in one of several possible ways)
  • Sacrifice a child (must have a living adult or non-adultchild!)
    • Always succeeds
  • Offer another member (must not be grandmaster)
    • 50%: Succeed
    • 50%: Die
Overall, sacrificing a child is the most certain, followed by offering another member. Fighting and Bribery are not at all recommended, even if you have every possible useful trait. If you're going to be an overt Satanist, I guess seduction focus is the way to go?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hey. I think this its a bug, but want to confirm.
Went on to revoke a county from a republican multi-Duke, he refused and rebelled. I am a Norse Reformed Germanic Feudal multiking, he is a Norse Reformed Germanic Republican multi-duke (temporary title King-tier).

I cannot occupy any of his holdings. I siege them and when they run on 0 morale, they just empty the levy and stay that way without changing allegiance. Is it a bug?

Changing allegiance would be what you get after the war.

Not a vanilla bug.
That occupaion issue might be caused by mods or you are playing an older version or there is a misconception.
Hmm...not exatcly a quick question/answer. Anyway....

Was that a trade post or is it actualy holdings you can't occupy ?
Is your opponent involved in another war ?