• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't join this Reconquista, so this time it's just informational. Another question if you could help me please.

When giving away Duchies as a Bizantine Emperor, some counties under them are also gifted, even if I don't check the box. Is there any way to prevent this? I am trying to get a county for myself, but I don't need the duchy cause I already have 2, but giving away the duchy I also give away the county I just got.

Thank you.

And question 340, I am trying to revoke a duchy from a catholic vassal in an Orthodox Empire, and it says all vassals will be naughty: https://prnt.sc/unou8e even if I have activated religious revocations https://prnt.sc/unouph .
Isn't this suppose to happen only with same religion vassals, i.e. catholic ones?

Thank you.

PS: It seems I can revoke Iconoclasts, but not Catholic.

And question 340, I am trying to revoke a duchy from a catholic vassal in an Orthodox Empire, and it says all vassals will be naughty: https://prnt.sc/unou8e even if I have activated religious revocations https://prnt.sc/unouph .
Isn't this suppose to happen only with same religion vassals, i.e. catholic ones?

Thank you.

PS: It seems I can revoke Iconoclasts, but not Catholic.
Only heretics and heathens. So religions within the same religious group who don't see each other as heretics aren't covered by the Religious Control Mandate. For example, if you are Catholic you won't be able to freely revoke titles from Orthodox vassals, and vice versa.

Reactions:
The Norse reformed but they have pretty much disappeared except for a few counts. The landless and troopless Fylkir keeps declaring war on me for Saxony. Is there a way to destroy that title as a reformed Slavic. There must be some trick maybe with The Cold Ones?

Thanks and another one. Great Library spread rate applies locally or in your demesne? Thank you

I'm only 90% certain, but I think it only applies to the county containing the great library.

In general, +x% spread rate is trash. (Because x is usually small, tech spread is slow, and you have probably surpassed everyone else in the world by the time you can afford it.) If you want to optimise your tech gain, get Jewish coucillors and then get buildings with absolute +x points.

Reactions:
The Norse reformed but they have pretty much disappeared except for a few counts. The landless and troopless Fylkir keeps declaring war on me for Saxony. Is there a way to destroy that title as a reformed Slavic. There must be some trick maybe with The Cold Ones?

I assume they reformed with heirocratic? In that case, I don't think there is a way to destroy the title.

Instead, try vassalising him:
  • Switch to Germanic
  • Grant him a duke-tier title (including at least one county) that is de jure part of your empire
  • Offer vassalisation
  • Switch back to reformed Slavic
If the offer of vassalisation fails, use the "de jure claim on duchy" CB to forcibly vassalise him.

Does anyone know how to create an event chain that retains the original root. I have an event chain of 5 events. When i command console it on myself it retains me as the root and i can scroll through the 5 events. When i commannconsole it on someone else it o ky retains that ai character as the root on the first event and when i click the option for event 2 it ends.

Does anyone know how to create an event chain that retains the original root. I have an event chain of 5 events. When i command console it on myself it retains me as the root and i can scroll through the 5 events. When i commannconsole it on someone else it o ky retains that ai character as the root on the first event and when i click the option for event 2 it ends.

Try asking in the modding forum.

Went for that Eunuch achievement but I wasn't able to use Jerusalem to convert religion. There must be some other restriction not listed on the wiki - any ideas what it could be? I think this save shows the problem.

Attachments

• Ironman_Galilee.ck2
    7,6 MB · Views: 0
Went for that Eunuch achievement but I wasn't able to use Jerusalem to convert religion.
Eunuch achievement ?
Going by the description for " A servant no more " you don't have to convert, other than to create the kingdom title, which you already got.

Eunuch achievement ?
Going by the description for " A servant no more " you don't have to convert, other than to create the kingdom title, which you already got.

Right, but just want to know why I couldn't use the Holy Site to convert.

Edit: I loaded the save and now I can convert in Jerusalem so it seems bugged that I couldn't convert while playing. Had to reload the game.

Last edited:
Right, but just want to know why I couldn't use the Holy Site to convert.

Edit: I loaded the save and now I can convert in Jerusalem so it seems bugged that I couldn't convert while playing. Had to reload the game.

Maybe you only right clicked the temple and not your own diplomacy window at first or missed the option.
I for instance looked at the temple first, as the decision had once been there.
Ah well..who knows.

Can anyone inform me on MR mechanics? Currently I have reached full status for women and can appoint a woman as my heir. What will happen when I die with a female heir? Am I staying as MR or going to flip to feudal?

Can anyone inform me on MR mechanics? Currently I have reached full status for women and can appoint a woman as my heir. What will happen when I die with a female heir? Am I staying as MR or going to flip to feudal?

I believe that everything will be fine as long as you win the election and continue as Doge. (Dogette?) However, if you lose the Doge title then I think "something bad" will happen. (I'm not sure exactly what, since I'm going from memory of other peoples' descriptions - but I suspect it's a game over.)

Basically: The MR mechanics are heavily hard-coded and don't mesh well with gender-neutrality. If you're going to play as an MR and don't want to deal with weird bugs, stay agnatic.

I believe that everything will be fine as long as you win the election and continue as Doge. (Dogette?) However, if you lose the Doge title then I think "something bad" will happen. (I'm not sure exactly what, since I'm going from memory of other peoples' descriptions - but I suspect it's a game over.)

Basically: The MR mechanics are heavily hard-coded and don't mesh well with gender-neutrality. If you're going to play as an MR and don't want to deal with weird bugs, stay agnatic.

Yeah, better safe than sorry. Still, I can use matrilineal marriage to raise the family numbers.

I need a bit of help please. I am trying to make an antipope so I can use the claims to make my pope THE pope. The issue is that it says that the Kingdom must have the Free Investiture Law, https://prnt.sc/urgesx , but all the kingdoms I own have Free Investiture: https://prnt.sc/urgfs8
What do I have to do? I have the required prestige.

Thank you.

EDIT: Do I have to usurp the Papal States first? It's an ironman game, I am afraid I will break it.

EDIT2: Solved, my bishops were in Papal states de jure lands, so I made a bishop in Sicily, and the mobster pope made it!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Me again :D Thanks for the help. So, I got at my court this guy:
He has claims on multiple kingdoms in Francia. How come I can't declare war using his claims? I invited him at my courts, thinking to land him so I can use his claims, but there is no option when I try to declare war.

Thank you.

Reactions: