• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
how i can join to defender on Reconquista?

If you're militarily powerful: use "extort tribute" to tributise the defender, then join the war.

If all else fails, you could try getting an alliance with the defender. (Marriage/betrothal of close relatives gives non-aggression pact; then use the right-click menu to form an alliance.)

Caveat: I haven't played in Iberia since HF, so the above is entirely theoretical.

Reactions:
If you're militarily powerful: use "extort tribute" to tributise the defender, then join the war.

If all else fails, you could try getting an alliance with the defender. (Marriage/betrothal of close relatives gives non-aggression pact; then use the right-click menu to form an alliance.)

Caveat: I haven't played in Iberia since HF, so the above is entirely theoretical.
I see two problems:
1) When I play King of Castille, I can't "extort tribute".
2) If I play only rank duke, and "extort tribute" to Ummayad, he probably will take away my title because I am an infidel. Unless I pretend to convert to Islam...
Another problem is that it's hard to have as many as 4 reconquest for one life.

1) When I play King of Castille, I can't "extort tribute".

Are you independent? All independent realms should have access to the extort tribute CB.

2) If I play only rank duke, and "extort tribute" to Ummayad, he probably will take away my title because I am an infidel. Unless I pretend to convert to Islam...

If you are a vassal of the reconquest defender then you have another option: right-click on your liege and "offer to join war".

Another problem is that it's hard to have as many as 4 reconquest for one life.

True, but there's not a lot you can do about it. Try to live as long as possible, I guess...

Extort tribute is only available of you have the Horse Lords DLC active.

It's hard, yes - but then, it's the creation of a bloodline people will recognize as significant for centuries to come. It's not supposed to be easy.

Reactions:
Quick question: Is there any way to split a DeJure Kingdom? I got Kingdom of Egypt from crusade and it's huge, the traditional Egypt area plus half of Anatolia. 11 Duchies under it overall. Needless to say, the King is by far the strongest of all the Kings under me. I've already done everything I can think of to keep him under control but with that kind of power, he'll always be a threat. Does the game allow dividing a big Kingdom/split it into two smaller kingdoms?

Quick question: Is there any way to split a DeJure Kingdom? I got Kingdom of Egypt from crusade and it's huge, the traditional Egypt area plus half of Anatolia. 11 Duchies under it overall. Needless to say, the King is by far the strongest of all the Kings under me. I've already done everything I can think of to keep him under control but with that kind of power, he'll always be a threat. Does the game allow dividing a big Kingdom/split it into two smaller kingdoms?

I recommend a combination of duchy viceroyalties and de jure drift.
  • Have the duchy viceroyalty law (imperial administration is very-nice-to-have but not strictly necessary)
  • For each duchy that you want to not be part of Egypt any more:
    • Personally own the duchy title
    • Ensure that all of the de jure counties in the duchy are also de facto part of the duchy
    • Decide which kingdom you want the duchy to be a part of (in 100 years' time)
    • Grant the duchy to that king, as a minor viceroyalty
  • You will need to repeat this fairly often, eg. when characters die
    • For this reason, it's better if all of the kings involved are also viceroys
  • After 100 years (depending on game rules), the duchies will be de jure part of the new kingdom
For you next game, I recommend you set the game rule "de jure drift" to "restricted".

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just a curiosity question, is black death coded to spread to the entire visible world only once? I already had black death in my current game, and it spread through the map as it always do. Just now, another black death occurred around Constantinople. I keep waiting for it to spread, but it didn't. It spread to a few counties and then after a few years disappeared. Most counties where it popped still doesn't have hospital so I don't think it was disease resist that stopped it. I'm guessing black death is treated just like any other epidemics after the first occurrence?

Just a curiosity question, is black death coded to spread to the entire visible world only once? I already had black death in my current game, and it spread through the map as it always do. Just now, another black death occurred around Constantinople. I keep waiting for it to spread, but it didn't. It spread to a few counties and then after a few years disappeared. Most counties where it popped still doesn't have hospital so I don't think it was disease resist that stopped it. I'm guessing black death is treated just like any other epidemics after the first occurrence?

The Plague now has two dynamics. The "Great" Plague is sort-of-scripted (though there are a number of ways it can play out). That only happens once.

Then there are small local outbreaks of the sort you describe, though rare - and these are influenced by what game rule you choose for epidemics.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I usually do by finding an unlanded character who happens to have them, inviting to court, and inheriting from them. Up to you if you want to scheme with plots to expedite this process.
Thanks but I have never found any one with jade dragon before, even with the artifact search mod. How did they get them in the first place? I found out how for most other Chinese artifacts on the wiki and reddit but not those two.

I've had them. IIRC I got them via the event that lets you buy an artifact from a Chinese trader when you're on a journey to kow-tow to the Chinese emperor.

• 1Like
Reactions:
An AI Emperor insanely revokes vassal baronies from a infidel count, gives the titles to someone, transfers vassalage back to the infidel count. And then the count revoke the title at once he can, and the liege revokes his titles again, loop.
It's repeated 400+ times, how to stop this farce.
The vassal count did not dare to rebel against the tyrant at all...

Last edited:
An AI Emperor insanely revokes vassal baronies from a infidel count, gives the titles to someone, transfers vassalage back to the infidel count. And then the count revoke the title at once he can, and the liege revokes his titles again, loop.
It's repeated 400+ times, how to stop this farce.
The vassal count did not dare to rebel against the tyrant at all...

"I think of assassins".

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,
Is there a way to vassalize Catholic (king-tier) Pope without anti-pope activity?

I am tribal and not going to adopt fedalism for quite some time, so free investiture does not look like an option. I tried muslim invasion but it simply gave me all holdings and let the Pope free.

Anyone know how to troubleshoot a broken mod. A recent update broke it. I can still select it and the game will still load but its like none of the content is being read. Mod adds traits, event, localisations etc and NONE of it is registering.

Anyone know how to troubleshoot a broken mod. A recent update broke it. I can still select it and the game will still load but its like none of the content is being read. Mod adds traits, event, localisations etc and NONE of it is registering.
"..none of the content is being read.."
Sounds rather like there is a folder tier too many, likely created when unpacking the mod and you didn't move the actual mod folder out of it.
By the way, "recent update" ? Are you talking about CK3 ?

"..none of the content is being read.."
Sounds rather like there is a folder tier too many, likely created when unpacking the mod and you didn't move the actual mod folder out of it.
By the way, "recent update" ? Are you talking about CK3 ?
The mod is a long term project I have been working on. I play in offline mode generally and went online a month or two ago, game updated through steam and then the mod started crashing on start. went through the mods list on start and figured out this one was why it crashed. The structure hasnt changed. Minor tweak on events, a few trait files and adding some targeted decisions are what I was working on before it stopped working. Right now my plan is to break the mod down into smaller constituent parts and start adding them into a new mod file and testing until i find where it breaks but that could take literal days worth of work. I want to make sure im not missing something easy before I do all that.

The mod is a long term project I have been working on. I play in offline mode generally and went online a month or two ago, game updated through steam and then the mod started crashing on start. went through the mods list on start and figured out this one was why it crashed. The structure hasnt changed. Minor tweak on events, a few trait files and adding some targeted decisions are what I was working on before it stopped working. Right now my plan is to break the mod down into smaller constituent parts and start adding them into a new mod file and testing until i find where it breaks but that could take literal days worth of work. I want to make sure im not missing something easy before I do all that.
what do you mean by a folder tier too many?