• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Was re-reading the game over message and realized that I probably didn't die, just became unlanded somehow, which would explain zero score. But someone of my dynasty got an artifact from me(without me gifting it), does abdicating force transfer artifacts(iirc it doesn't transfer money)?

I have a crazy theory.
If factions for "[claimant] for [title]" can fire while holder is at war and the title in question is contested.
Old holder of the title was sent faction demands to install some unlanded claimant for Ireland just before war ended.
He then lost the title, but game didn't check if he still had it when giving him demands event.
For whatever reason he agreed to faction demands. Claimant gets Kingdom title, is landless, usurps landed title from old holder. Game checks, player unlanded -> Game over, skipping auto usurp title from vassals if that even happens in these cases, normally only see it in claim wars.

Really wish ironman would save on game over so you could do post mortem on the save.

Anyway, I'm on another game now, ravaging Asia.

Is there any exploit (in ironman) that would allow me to marry a character who has the "Will Not Marry" flag?

I am an unreformed suomenskuo king who just completed the immortality quest. (Recently, I've been having a lot of luck with this!) The mystic has decent stats and it would be nice to marry her so we can have an immortal king and queen... but the stupid flag gets in the way.

20200830184619_1b.jpg

Is there any exploit (in ironman) that would allow me to marry a character who has the "Will Not Marry" flag?

I am an unreformed suomenskuo king who just completed the immortality quest. (Recently, I've been having a lot of luck with this!) The mystic has decent stats and it would be nice to marry her so we can have an immortal king and queen... but the stupid flag gets in the way.

View attachment 614661
I don't think you can, unfortunately. On top of the modifier there is usually an invisible trait added, which prohibits marriage through a check on the driver/game engine level by setting "cannot_marry = yes", so I couldn't swear on it but I think you are out of luck. :(

I'm kind of curious why she has that flag. I usually see it on smiths who are temporarily in my court when I've searched for a smith.

I'm kind of curious why she has that flag. I usually see it on smiths who are temporarily in my court when I've searched for a smith.
She's one of the characters that can be generated from a quest for immortality. She's supposed to exist for the quest then disappear, and is thus designed not to be marriageable.

Do note that she can still be taken as a concubine, and once she is of age, as a lover.

It's in the setup for all of the mystics on the immortality quest.

Code:
#A stranger appears
narrative_event = {
    title = EVTNAME_RIP_21014
    id = RIP.21014

if = {
            limit = { has_character_flag = learning_mystic }
            create_character = {
                random_traits = no
                dynasty = none
                religion = buddhist
                culture = sinhala
                female = yes
                age = 9
                attributes = {
                    learning = 10
                }
                health = 15
                trait = mystic
                trait = brahmin
                trait = theravada_buddhist
                trait = quick
                trait = fussy
                trait = conscientious
            }
            new_character = {
                set_character_flag = eternal_life_mystic

will_not_marry_effect = yes # <------------------------------------------------------------ This line

remove_trait = kshatriya
                remove_trait = vaishya
                remove_trait = vajrayana_buddhist
                remove_trait = mahayana_buddhist

give_nickname = nick_the_gentle
                change_diplomacy = 2
                change_stewardship = 2
                change_intrigue = -1

random_list = {
                    90 = {
                        set_character_flag = mystic_is_fraud
                    }
                    10 = {
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 10 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 13 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 16 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 19 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 22 }
                        }

change_learning = 15
                    }
                }
                save_event_target_as = eternal_life_mystic
            }
        }
        clr_character_flag = diplomacy_mystic
        clr_character_flag = martial_mystic
        clr_character_flag = intrigue_mystic
        clr_character_flag = learning_mystic

event_target:eternal_life_mystic = { narrative_event = { id = RIP.21018 } }
        save_event_target_as = eternal_life_seeker
        log = "mystic recieves 18"
    }

}

She's supposed to exist for the quest then disappear, and is thus designed not to be marriageable.

I disagree: if the character is supposed to disappear, why do they remain in your court and why are they given the immortality trait?

(Admittedly, the latter can be answered by appealing to metagame: For the achievement.)

It's in the setup for all of the mystics on the immortality quest.

Code:
#A stranger appears
narrative_event = {
    title = EVTNAME_RIP_21014
    id = RIP.21014

if = {
            limit = { has_character_flag = learning_mystic }
            create_character = {
                random_traits = no
                dynasty = none
                religion = buddhist
                culture = sinhala
                female = yes
                age = 9
                attributes = {
                    learning = 10
                }
                health = 15
                trait = mystic
                trait = brahmin
                trait = theravada_buddhist
                trait = quick
                trait = fussy
                trait = conscientious
            }
            new_character = {
                set_character_flag = eternal_life_mystic

will_not_marry_effect = yes # <------------------------------------------------------------ This line

remove_trait = kshatriya
                remove_trait = vaishya
                remove_trait = vajrayana_buddhist
                remove_trait = mahayana_buddhist

give_nickname = nick_the_gentle
                change_diplomacy = 2
                change_stewardship = 2
                change_intrigue = -1

random_list = {
                    90 = {
                        set_character_flag = mystic_is_fraud
                    }
                    10 = {
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 10 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 13 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 16 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 19 }
                        }
                        modifier = {
                            factor = 1.4
                            FROM = { learning = 22 }
                        }

change_learning = 15
                    }
                }
                save_event_target_as = eternal_life_mystic
            }
        }
        clr_character_flag = diplomacy_mystic
        clr_character_flag = martial_mystic
        clr_character_flag = intrigue_mystic
        clr_character_flag = learning_mystic

event_target:eternal_life_mystic = { narrative_event = { id = RIP.21018 } }
        save_event_target_as = eternal_life_seeker
        log = "mystic recieves 18"
    }

}

Ah, I don't have Monks and Mystics, so I never have this.

She's one of the characters that can be generated from a quest for immortality. She's supposed to exist for the quest then disappear, and is thus designed not to be marriageable.
I disagree: if the character is supposed to disappear, why do they remain in your court and why are they given the immortality trait?

(Admittedly, the latter can be answered by appealing to metagame: For the achievement.)
I don't think she's supposed to disappear. I'm not sure where that idea came from.

Just bump into an old bug, that a tyrant could raise all armies of rebels aide on a rebellion starting and punch everyone into the ground.
Is there a mod to fix it? Seeing a jerk lord insanely revoke everyone freely is fun but terrible for gaming.

I don't think she's supposed to disappear. I'm not sure where that idea came from.
I'm wrong about the disappearing part, then. I personally haven't encountered her (I usually have Cleopatra or Idunn instead, and lose track of them when I inevitably fail to get immortality.)

Quick question: I pressed my Count's claim on Thrace duchy (Constantinople/Thrake/Kaliopolis). He got only 2 of the 3 counties after I won the war. Didn't get Constantinople and I wonder why that is. Is it because it's the emperor's main county and protected because of his rank?

Quick question: I pressed my Count's claim on Thrace duchy (Constantinople/Thrake/Kaliopolis). He got only 2 of the 3 counties after I won the war. Didn't get Constantinople and I wonder why that is. Is it because it's the emperor's main county and protected because of his rank?

When you press a claim on a duchy, the claimant becomes the new overlord of everything that is de facto part of that duchy.

In this case, I suspect that the previous duke of Thrace was a vassal of the emperor, and he only held Thrake and Kaliopolis.

Examples of situations where the results could have been different:
  • If the Byzantine emperor held the duchy of Thrake (and all 3 counties were in the empire) then the claimant would receive the duchy title and all 3 counties.
  • If the duke of Thrace had no other duchy titles and was the overlord of several counties outside Thrace then the claimant would become the new overlord of those counties.

• 1Like
Reactions:
When you press a claim on a duchy, the claimant becomes the new overlord of everything that is de facto part of that duchy.

In this case, I suspect that the previous duke of Thrace was a vassal of the emperor, and he only held Thrake and Kaliopolis.

Examples of situations where the results could have been different:
  • If the Byzantine emperor held the duchy of Thrake (and all 3 counties were in the empire) then the claimant would receive the duchy title and all 3 counties.
  • If the duke of Thrace had no other duchy titles and was the overlord of several counties outside Thrace then the claimant would become the new overlord of those counties.

Ty. Another question if anyone can help? How does claims work exactly? I see a claim for an unlanded courtier at one of my vassals. He had a weak claim for the duchy of Carniola and Oldenburg county. In the tooltip, it said he'll get the country and the duchy title if I press the claim. So I give him one of my barony so he'd be landed and be my vassal. When I did that, the Oldenburg county claim disappeared. The duchy title still there, but that means he'll only have his barony and a duchy title if I press the claim. Are claims location specific? like if he move between courts, his claim could disappear? Was there any way I could've give him title while he still keep all his claims?

Ty. Another question if anyone can help? How does claims work exactly? I see a claim for an unlanded courtier at one of my vassals. He had a weak claim for the duchy of Carniola and Oldenburg county. In the tooltip, it said he'll get the country and the duchy title if I press the claim. So I give him one of my barony so he'd be landed and be my vassal. When I did that, the Oldenburg county claim disappeared. The duchy title still there, but that means he'll only have his barony and a duchy title if I press the claim. Are claims location specific? like if he move between courts, his claim could disappear? Was there any way I could've give him title while he still keep all his claims?

Normally, there are only two ways to lose a claim:
  • Personally own the claimed title
  • Lose a claim war for the claimed title
The situation you described above (courtier has claim on county, gains a barony, loses claim on county) should never happen. (And I've never heard of it happening either - granting someone a barony so that they remain your vassal after you've pressed their claim is a very standard tactic.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
The situation you described above (courtier has claim on county, gains a barony, loses claim on county) should never happen. (And I've never heard of it happening either - granting someone a barony so that they remain your vassal after you've pressed their claim is a very standard tactic.)
I've never heard of someone losing a claim for being granted a barony. Claims should not change when moving courts. The only way to lose a claim I can think of off the top of my head (other than what @jonjowett listed above) is if you are actually granted the title you have the claim on, but then it's a moot point anyway. And that's obviously not what happened here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The only way to lose a claim I can think of off the top of my head (other than what @jonjowett listed above) is if you are actually granted the title you have the claim on, but then it's a moot point anyway.

I thought I'd covered that when I said "personally own the claimed title" ;-p </pedantry>

Reactions:
I thought I'd covered that when I said "peronsally own the claimed title" ;-p </pedantry>
You absolutely did. I, apparently, cannot read properly. :) I blame it on excitement over the release of CK3 in 15 minutes! :D

alright, ty guys. I'm really not sure what happened. I'm pretty sure I didn't see the wrong info... but maybe I did. eh xD