• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless you're playing a mod you should definitely have ships, yes. Do note that they're called up with a different button than regular levies.

Oh, and why use the Wikia when you can use the MediaWiki Crusader Kings II Wiki? ;)
Already tried the raise fleets button - said I'd already raised my fleets when i had not. I'll try it again.

And the wikia still has a few articles that are more informative than the wiki. ;)

Bah, heresy :p

Anyways, the holding pages on the wiki now say the base stats of the holding, which includes galleys.
So it's the Lollard wiki? :D

Anyhoo I figured it out - there are no coastal holdings in the Red Sea/Indian Ocean/Persian Gulf region, even if they are on the coast. You wanna go anywhere you have to walk (which sucks, my Kingdom of Abyssinia now stretches quite a ways north to south, with my capitol and most developed holdings in the far south). It also means no income producing harbors for your cities.

A couple of Noob questions(I'm Embarrassed) Where do I find the Save Game Files? and How do I Create a Empire?

When ingame, click the button called "dejure empire mapmode". This will show the various empires in the game, and if you hold 80% of the area, and are the right culture, you can create them. Use the "find title" function to see what culture you neeed to be to create each empire. Aside from these, there's also the latin empire. I can't remember how to form that one, so just use the find title to see the requirements for that one.

When ingame, click the button called "dejure empire mapmode". This will show the various empires in the game, and if you hold 80% of the area, and are the right culture, you can create them. Use the "find title" function to see what culture you neeed to be to create each empire. Aside from these, there's also the latin empire. I can't remember how to form that one, so just use the find title to see the requirements for that one.
There's also a list of empires, and their creation conditions, on the wiki.

maybe it has been asked 200 or more times :D

but i wanna ask again how to reduce the decadence ? i know that you can reduce it by giving lands or titles to your son .. but there are other methods ?

maybe it has been asked 200 or more times :D

but i wanna ask again how to reduce the decadence ? i know that you can reduce it by giving lands or titles to your son .. but there are other methods ?
Celebrating Ramadan lowers it quite a bit I think.

Give your grandson a landed title in your de jure duchy. That will solve the problem.

Basically for elective succession, your immediate family is eligible for nomination. If your family has titles outside of your duchy, they tend not to be eligible for nomination for some reason.

Can I give him a title if he is not under my rule? We're both French dukes, so is there anything I can do to get him to be my heir? My ruler won't live long enough to change succession laws again.

I read the answer in this thread but forgot what it was and have no idea what page it is - To mark someone as a person of interest there is an impossible to find button, most likely on their character screen. Where exactly is it?

I read the answer in this thread but forgot what it was and have no idea what page it is - To mark someone as a person of interest there is an impossible to find button, most likely on their character screen. Where exactly is it?
Right click on their portrait I think.

After finally getting my head around the holdings in counties and so on, I had a question about how people do this. Is it better to hold all the baronies in a province for your demesne, or to hold the capital one, with heaps of counties? I figure you would have less direct vassals by holding less counties, which would be a good thing, but you couldn't build buildings in them.

After finally getting my head around the holdings in counties and so on, I had a question about how people do this. Is it better to hold all the baronies in a province for your demesne, or to hold the capital one, with heaps of counties? I figure you would have less direct vassals by holding less counties, which would be a good thing, but you couldn't build buildings in them.
I prefer holding only the capital, and possibly some castles within the counties. There's little point to holding cities or temples directly due to the tax penalty (-75%).
The advantage of holding the counties rather than all holdings is that you'll get a lot more tax, as city and temple taxes are considerably higher than noble taxes (which start at 0%). There's also essentially no risk associated, as barons cannot rebel.

More info on managing your domain and similar is available on the Crusader Kings II Wiki.

Is it better to hold all the baronies in a province for your demesne, or to hold the capital one, with heaps of counties?
It's a good idea to hold the maximum number of baronies in your capital province, so they benefit from the steward and marshal being placed there. Otherwise I'd go for maximum number of counties as Meneth says.

How can I destroy the HRE? Is it even possible? I'd like to see if I can destroy it then reform it as a primogeniture title. I know you can change it while you are the HRE (I've had the AI do it to me many times), but I'd like to do it in a challenging way.

i started a game as an italian duke; I then found out that while in the HRE, i'm not part of the de jure HRE.
And italy isn't becoming a de jure part of the HRE either, according to the mapmode.
Is there a way to get italy to become part of HRE dejure? (i'm not interested in expanding into duchies outside italy)