• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanLerstrom

Paradox Dev
Paradox Staff
2 Badges
Oct 4, 2010
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Crusader Kings II needs you! We are looking for new betas!

Over three years have passed since Crusader Kings II was released, and while many things have changed, some things have not.
One thing that hasn't changed: to make Crusader Kings II the best game it can be, we need your input, and to make sure we get it, we have decided to open up signups for a new group of beta testers.

What we are looking for:

We can only handle so many betas at the same time, which means that places are limited. At the same time, we obviously want you to give us as much feedback as possible. This means we do expect a certain level of activity and diligence.
We are primarily looking for people that are passionate about Crusader Kings II, dedicated to make future patches and DLCs the best they can be. You should be thorough in your reports, and in any discussions. We want you to be honest both when things are good, and when they're not.
Be aware that, unlike many of our previous beta signups, this beta will focus on gameplay feedback only, we are not looking for help with or feedback on historical research.

If you feel you have the skills, and the time, that it takes, feel free to sign up here:

http://beta.paradoxplaza.com/signup/46/

Please Note:
Signups will be closed on Monday, 16th of March.
You can expect a reply to your signup (be that acceptance or rejection) one to two weeks after that.

Due to legal requirements, we are unable to accept you as a beta if you are not at least 18 years old.

Minimum System requirements for beta testers

If your computer can run the live version of Crusader Kings II, it should run the beta.
Do note, however, that we will regularly provide you with versions of the game with more bug tracking options enabled which will require a more capable computer.

Reactions:
Questions and Answers

Can I submit several bug report links or just one?
You can definitely submit more than one, but don't overdo it.
Since no one is stepping out with questions I'll just spew some.

Does this pay? Is this an intern thing? Are testers gonna need to move to Sweden?

No on all three. What we are looking for is some fresh eyes for our closed beta testing for future DLCs.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I certainly have the time and I'm definitely a dedicated CK2 fan (1,090 hours (STEAM said 1,200 hours for months then dropped it to 1,090, weird)) but what skills do I need exactly? Just play the game for hours at a time and talk about... new features? The good, the bad and the ugly? Filling out forms? I can do all that crap.

I'll need an expense account and company vehicle.

Joining for sure, i am from Sweden so i can submit bug reports and the like both in our common native tongue and English, also i have well over 300 hours invested in this game, my steam tells me it's 289 but that's only on my own account and if i'm going to be quite honest with you, i've been playing CK2 wherever i can! Also played the original CK and just recently got into EU IV. Filling out the form now!

Whoah! It would be amazing to participate in the beta, but as a famous Finn once said: "Jag har en hobby, den är båt" :laugh:

But seriously, I'm lucky to have even an hour of daily spare time at the moment...

Submitted.

I forgot to mention it in the form, but I've got 1490 hours of playtime recorded in steam... which are actually more, since I had to launch CK2 from outside steam before the new launcher for Linux if I wanted to disable certain DLCs (SI...) or use mods at all, which didn't count towards steam's playtime.

Submitted as well. I only found one bugreport thread, but I was more active immediately after CM's release.

I'm getting a new computer built next week, and I've been holding off playing CK2 for much recently, but once I get that new computer, I'll be able to play games a lot faster. (Current one lacks dedicated graphics card).

I doubt playtime says much,

but since everyone is telling their hours; 2261 hours.

if only I could remember all the games I was a betatester for... I only remember a few recent ones.

The form is out of date. The list of OSX versions only goes up to 10.8, whereas they are now on 10.10

Let's try this.

Does this pay? Is this an intern thing? Are testers gonna need to move to Sweden?

Last edited:
Excellent. Just when I'm coming forum to pump up you guys because the level of enthusiasm I see, about this bug/balance patch; then "this" happens. Subed!:cool:

Can I submit several bug report links or just one?
You can definitely submit more than one, but don't overdo it.

No on all three. What we are looking for is some fresh eyes for our closed beta testing for future DLCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.