• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody needs a CK3 right now. CK2 is fine, and I would not mind if they release more DLCs.
I think, if they would lower the price for older DLCs - in a recognizable way -, that would help the further success of CK.

If they're not going to change combat mechanics to something less rigid or add naval combat, I think I'd like to see CK3.

Nobody needs a CK3 right now. CK2 is fine, and I would not mind if they release more DLCs.
I think, if they would lower the price for older DLCs - in a recognizable way -, that would help the further success of CK.
I need CK3 because CK3 would finally support UTF-8 which means all those letters with diacritics in various names of characters, provinces and holdings will finally be there (yes, that's the only reason why I want it so badly).

Why are people so sure this = CK3? Personally I suspect they've realised that if they keep developing DLC for CK2 they need to give incentives for new people intimidated not just by the gameplay but also by the enormous and expensive list of DLC. DLC bundles aren't enough at this point.

I also expect the next big title would be Victoria III. I dunno why they'd move on from a game that can still evidently make money from DLC when there's a popular title sitting around that people are agitating for.

I suspect they've realised that if they keep developing DLC for CK2 they need to give incentives for new people intimidated not just by the gameplay but also by the enormous and expensive list of DLC.
That's why this free download of CK-II is a trap to incent new players to buy this enormous and expensive list of DLCs since it's more likely, that a new player buys more DLC(s) than an old one, which already has most of them ...

Not to mention, that actually, it's the base-game which should be the most expensive deal since it's this base-game which gets the bulk of changes and fixes after each update, whereas most of the DLC(s) don't get their proper support the older they are ...

Underprized base-game vs. overprized DLC(s).

If they're not going to change combat mechanics to something less rigid or add naval combat, I think I'd like to see CK3.
I have said it before and will say it again right now I prefer no naval mechanics to the gross misrepresentation of them that is EU4.

I'll close this, as the offer for free copies has already ended, and I would rather not confuse anyone with having the thread keep popping up all the time.
If anyone wants to discuss the implications it has (which you of course are free to do), I suggest opening a new thread!
I hope everyone who grabbed a free copy of the game have fun ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.