• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do they? Haven't seen it. Where is it mentioned.
Also what was the point then (to make those monarch journeys)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe. But putting in limited time acces things in the game to make fun of those who can not make them in time seems bad sens of humor...
imho

Yeah - I was baffled about the surprising end of Monarch's Journey too - sadly there is no statement why they made it time limited.

On the other hand - Monarchs Journey started roughly a year ago - at October 19. All in all - the content is too good and is too embraced by the community so they irritated people by removing it.

greetings

• 5Like
Reactions:
On the other hand - Monarchs Journey started roughly a year ago - at October 19. All in all - the content is too good and is too embraced by the community so they irritated people by removing it.

And Stefan was only added two weeks before the "end date".

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Its a pity, but I get it. I enjoyed getting rewards for stuff for the Monarch Journey stuff I completed and always looked forward to it, but life got complicated and it'll take a little bit before I can justify shelling out for CK3. I was more interested in these challenges though because it encouraged me to play different regions and cultures and playstyles I didn't use as often and the point-earning guidelines centered me and helped me to plan in regions I wasn't as familiar with the politics/culture and helped me learn about some interesting historical figures I'd been unfamiliar with.

Reactions:
you can still do the challenges (without the rewards)
And that's really my main issue with it now, there is absolutely no reason at all for Paradox to not simply leave the challenges in the game without rewards, other than them looking down at their fanbase and going "Just stop playing CK2 already and go buy CK3, ffs!"

But they don't even acknowledge our complaints about this (not even to actually clarify the decision, let alone justify it), so it seems their decision is set in stone. A greedy and disrespectful decision that sets a sad precedent. I will be very wary of time-sensitive content in Paradox games from now on.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm not sure I understand the question. Going back to 3.3.2 enables "back" the Monarch journey characters and challenges, but you cannot get the rewards for CK3.
You also lose the 3.3.3 fixes
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a potential security issue.
  • Added support for Linux to get access to the currently released rulers for the Monarch's Journey. The rulers for Linux won't be continuously updated however (nevertheless those unlocked will suffice to get all CK3 perks).
References

Reactions:
It just seems - unnecessary? Why go to the extra length to patch content out of a game? It's not like this tiny cherry on top would really keep players from CKIII any more than CKII itself does.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What is this? I don't understand.

I've played CK2 numerous times but I always get this message when trying to create the Kingdom of Leon.

KoLeon.jpg

You can't do it the normal way, but there should be a special decision to transform the kingdom of Asturias into the kingdom of Leon.