• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Got the Welsh achievements without too much difficulty when my neighbouring English kingdoms fell apart. Dragon's Fire took me the longest because the Templar's had control of one of my baronies and I struggled to get together the piety to evict them.

Now to try the Breton ones.

So I played around with the Konan challenge yesterday, but with an Ironman game and got gold in the "gloves off" one and bronze in the 2 others.
I wanted to fire up my game again today to continue, but found my save was still from the original start date in 1066. What gives? Are we not supposed to play these in Ironman? Or are you supposed to beat all these challenges in one sitting?

EDIT: Wow, nevermind, totally misread the year. Save was at 1106, not 1066, my bad. It did save. :)

Last edited:
For the "Love Spoons" challenge, do daughters count? I married a daughter to the Duke of York and she died a few days later. Pressing escape to check progress, the number of marriages remained at 0, but sometimes it takes a few days for that to tick up. So it left me wondering if there just wasn't enough time for it to tick, if the marriage needed to be matrilineal, or if only sons count.

For the "Love Spoons" challenge, do daughters count? I married a daughter to the Duke of York and she died a few days later. Pressing escape to check progress, the number of marriages remained at 0, but sometimes it takes a few days for that to tick up. So it left me wondering if there just wasn't enough time for it to tick, if the marriage needed to be matrilineal, or if only sons count.
Yes, daughters count.

Is the "Dragon's Fire" challenge supposed to give 3 points for completing the "gold challenge"?

question.png

Quick doubt, concerning all chalenges present and future: would it be unfeasible to have the names in the list of counties one has to fully control change to green or give it a green tick after it gets conquered? It might be just me, but I often feel that looking for the places one by one whenever I forgot which county exactly was I missing was a little... I don't know, but fun certainly not.

Quick doubt, concerning all chalenges present and future: would it be unfeasible to have the names in the list of counties one has to fully control change to green or give it a green tick after it gets conquered? It might be just me, but I often feel that looking for the places one by one whenever I forgot which county exactly was I missing was a little... I don't know, but fun certainly not.

Agreed! This feature is sorely needed

I'd really appreciate a dev, or community manager response as to whether these will be available for purchase later once CKIII releases.

They have officially stated that there will be ways to acquire them even if you don't do the Monarch's Journeys.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Apologies if this has already been asked earlier... do we have to complete each challenge during the time it's listed as "live", or can we still do the earlier ones as well? I noticed that this was happening late, so it would be nice if I could still do the earlier ones, but not entirely expected.

Apologies if this has already been asked earlier... do we have to complete each challenge during the time it's listed as "live", or can we still do the earlier ones as well? I noticed that this was happening late, so it would be nice if I could still do the earlier ones, but not entirely expected.
Yeah, there's a arrow you can click to change to a earlier character's challenge.

According to Paradox all the challenges will remain available until the release of CK3. :)

So I have been doing all the journey goals to gold, but am starting to get the sinking feeling that, once they are all released, there will be more points available than needed to unlock all the rewards... Has there been any confirmation of whether or not this is the case? Do we need to get gold on everything to get all the unlocks?

I'd really appreciate a dev, or community manager response as to whether these will be available for purchase later once CKIII releases.
It seems very likely they will be - Paradox clearly want a lot of new players to buy this game and stopping them from getting cosmetic DLC doesn't seem a good idea. Exclusive pre-order DLC is usually frowned upon and this more or less classifies as such.

I think it will probably be released for free after a certain period as it doesn't seem viable to charge for a small number of individual cosmetic items.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Has anyone done an introduction to the challenges? Explaining who the featured rulers are and what the objectives are (e.g. showing which counties are required)? Some of the information in these 2 stickied threads is great but does require a bit of searching to see who has asked what.