• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whilst doing this, you can see what progress you've made towards the challenges by pressing the Esc key.
Okay so my first attempt went like this. I got 10 points, predominantly for killing William of Normandy (he gives 2 points I believe) and MANY of his offspring. Got the Gold level in this challenge (each time you succeed in gaining a tier from Bronze to Gold the game tells you which is nice). My character died at 71 but probably could have had more sons and taken more lands had I focussed there. Now when I go back to the menu, the wizard beard is showing as unlocked and I have 10 points to go until the next cosmetic. There are two options here, Continue and Restart.

What I'd like to know is, if I were to restart, would the points I got in the previous run be wiped to 0 and this new score is taken? Is it cumulative, we can have several cracks at each challenge? Or if I get fewer points the next attempt, the original score I got (10) stands?

I don't want to restart as frankly I'm happy with 10 and don't want to lose this progress if progress is wiped. I got my wizard beard and I'm keeping it.

X. Also bi-weekly can mean either mean every two weeks OR twice a week. Is it every fortnight?

Last edited:
Whilst doing this, you can see what progress you've made towards the challenges by pressing the Esc key.
Okay so my first attempt went like this. I got 10 points, predominantly for killing William of Normandy (he gives 2 points I believe) and MANY of his offspring. Got the Gold level in this challenge (each time you succeed in gaining a tier from Bronze to Gold the game tells you which is nice). My character died at 71 but probably could have had more sons and taken more lands had I focussed there. Now when I go back to the menu, the wizard beard is showing as unlocked and I have 10 points to go until the next cosmetic. There are two options here, Continue and Restart.

What I'd like to know is, if I were to restart, would the points I got in the previous run be wiped to 0 and this new score is taken? Is it cumulative, we can have several cracks at each challenge? Or if I get fewer points the next attempt, the original score I got (10) stands?

I don't want to restart as frankly I'm happy with 10 and don't want to lose this progress if progress is wiped. I got my wizard beard and I'm keeping it.

X. Also bi-weekly can mean either mean every two weeks OR twice a week. Is it every fortnight?
Points carry over - this was confirmed in another thread by a dev. So the 10 points you have earned stay earned and in a restart game you can't add points for a gold level you've already finished. However, the objective tallies from the previous game don't carry over... If you had enough sons to get Bronze and earn 2 points in a previous game, you don't get silver level just for having a couple of sons in a later one - the sons in the current game need to reach the target required to get a particular level. Essentially, you should be looking to get gold in at least one category each playthrough to avoid repeats.

Bi-weekly is every two weeks. Twice a week is semi-weekly. Not that I totally trust Paradox to not mix them up, twice a week seems a bit rapid.

In any case, we also have confirmation that the challenges don't expire when a new one is added, so there's plenty of time to complete them.

Holy shit, this is hard has hell, but i conquered HAHAHAHA. It's like Vini, Vidi, Vice
74360835_815496005533016_540426019639656448_n.jpg

Will we be able to access and earn points from old challenges, or if we miss them, is that it? Which then begs the question, how many points will be available (and how many can I miss if I still want to earn the 110(?) points needed to get every reward :p)

Will we be able to access and earn points from old challenges, or if we miss them, is that it? Which then begs the question, how many points will be available (and how many can I miss if I still want to earn the 110(?) points needed to get every reward :p)
If there's 18 points for each challenge, and they update every 2 weeks, then for 110 points you need to play 14 weeks worth of challenges. I doubt CK3 will release before January 27 :)

It states this within this thread. New scenarios 'release' every two weeks, but when released are 'always' there to play whenever you wish. You are not time limited on when to play these and don't loose out if you don't touch the game for a couple of months....the ones released will be waiting for you.

It states this within this thread. New scenarios 'release' every two weeks, but when released are 'always' there to play whenever you wish. You are not time limited on when to play these and don't loose out if you don't touch the game for a couple of months....the ones released will be waiting for you.
ah thanks, I must have missed that.

Crusader Kings II now features the Monarch’s Journey! The Monarch’s Journey is a new way of exploring the world of Crusader Kings and will help you earn cosmetic add-ons for Crusader Kings III through Ruler Challenges.

I apologize if this has been already asked, but what sort of cosmetic add-ons are we talking here and given how Monarch's Journey isn't available for Linux, will there be some other way to get those once CK3 is out? For example, if the reward is a portrait pack, will we be able to eventually buy that portrait pack?

I apologize if this has been already asked, but what sort of cosmetic add-ons are we talking here and given how Monarch's Journey isn't available for Linux, will there be some other way to get those once CK3 is out? For example, if the reward is a portrait pack, will we be able to eventually buy that portrait pack?
You can see the cosmetic items and how many points you need for each in ck2. It's stuff like facial hair that you can use on your character

Wait, Linux users can't get these now?!
We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been, quite possibly, bamboozled.

Wait a second... Did they even confirm that CKIII will run on Linux? I have a bad feeling about this.

The below post from Divine in another thread explains why the Monarch's Journey isn't on Linux.

As for CKIII, its Steam page has tabs for Windows, MacOS and Linux in the system requirements section. Imperator is also on Linux and I think it was mentioned by Henrik at pdxcon that Imperator was built using a lot of the stuff they were already putting together for CKIII, so everything is probably okay!

This has been mentioned already in the thread but I'm reiterating it here for visibility.

The technology we're using in the background to make this possible unfortunately doesn't have support for the Linux platform.

A common thing that will create some problems for us to show the Monarch's Journey is mods that are interfering with some files we need. Even seemingly harmless mods might interfer with the gui elements we require - so try to disable _all_ mods if you're having problems getting the feature in the main menu.

Reactions: