• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, this is what I'm referring to. They have all the required land, they just need have the title k_asturias to make the decision to create Leon.
One of my vassals has now created the Kingdom of Asturias. If I'm reading correctly, if I revoke the Kingdom of Asturias, I should be able to create the Kingdom of Leon?

Another question:
How can I request a crusade?
I've vassalized the Pope and have 'external wars only' law.

I've seen this option before when clicking on the pope, but now it never appears.

One of my vassals has now created the Kingdom of Asturias. If I'm reading correctly, if I revoke the Kingdom of Asturias, I should be able to create the Kingdom of Leon?

Another question:
How can I request a crusade?
I've vassalized the Pope and have 'external wars only' law.

I've seen this option before when clicking on the pope, but now it never appears.
Kingdom of Asturias needs to be your primary title, so this would have only worked when you were at the scale you were in your original pic. As for your second question, it's an edge case I'm unfamiliar with.

IIRC you request a crusade by right-clicking the top liege of the kingdom you want to crusade and there will be an option for it. For example if you want to request to crusade Egypt and Egypt is in the Abbasid/Arabian empire you'd right-click the Abbasid caliph/emperor and pick the option.

IIRC you request a crusade by right-clicking the top liege of the kingdom you want to crusade and there will be an option for it. For example if you want to request to crusade Egypt and Egypt is in the Abbasid/Arabian empire you'd right-click the Abbasid caliph/emperor and pick the option.
Well, that's right. That's how I saw the option to request a crusade in the past. However, this option no longer appears on any foreign ruler.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, why doesn't the crusade option appear anymore, anywhere? Is there a specific requirement that needs to be met?

Since the option doesn't appear (not even greyed out, its just not in the click-menu anymore), there is no tooltip to suggest what's required.
nocrusade.jpg
nocrusade.jpg

Why is this all in the 'monarchs journey' thread ???
Not realy the right place.

Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
^^ Thanks.

Just to end the discussion, I've found the crusade option to reappear after noting two factors (don't know which of the two caused it):
1. Switched laws from Free Investiture to Papal Investiture
2. If the Pope has any levies raised, the option to request a crusade will not appear.

^^ These were not listed on the Crusade Requirements wiki pages.

• 1Like
Reactions: