• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are we going to get squeaks for accidental deaths?
akfoc9.gif

Reactions:
Only 2 weeks? That's barely one more DD.

Reactions:
I wouldn't mind performance improvements, as long as they don't come at the cost of gameplay!

Reactions:
I had been planing to wait until getting more information on the Infamy mechanic (mostly whether it will be as bad as I fear and how modable it is), but that line about temporary opinion modifiers half-way carrying over makes me very very tempted.

It's not quite what I've been hoping for in the realm of more long term relations between dynasties, but it's a step in the right direction.

Reactions:
Will the Karlings in 867 have alliances or NAPs with each other? Apologies if this has already been answered.

Reactions:
Infamy had to be in the free patch? Really?
It's better this way.
If, for some reason, that feature absolutely fails, and Paradox gets to face a mob of angry players, they can remove the feature...for free. They wouldn't need to bother themselves, like if that feature was part of a paid content.

Reactions:
It's better this way.
If, for some reason, that feature absolutely fails, and Paradox gets to face a mob of angry players, they can remove the feature...for free. They wouldn't need to bother themselves, like if that feature was part of a paid content.

It would be better in the DLC, so I could just not buy it like HL.

Reactions:
Yeah, but you can then forget about all the good stuff this expansion will bring.

Reactions:
The problem is the same thing with Retinues, which were part of the paid DLC for Legacy of Rome... and have become so part of the core gameplay for just about everyone. Yet, becuase it's a DLC feature, Paradox can't properly balance the base game or integrate it fully into the base game, due to customers not owning it and would be impacted by the changes.

Personally? I'd be fine if Paradox moved Retinues to the base game as a free feature, as long as they gave something as a freebie to LoR owners, even if it's a relatively tiny event pack, tweaked enhancements to Orthodoxy, etc.

The same thing happened with Viceroys, really.

Reactions:
You know, I was a little doubtful of the coming dlc, but this patch sounds fantastic. Okay so Conclave is the tenth and final expansion right? I'm getting tired of giving Paradox all my money for this game. I need money for HOI4 and Stellaris.
May I ask where you have got the information from that Conclave will be the final expansion?

Reactions:
It's better this way.
Thats.... actually a perspective I hadn't considered before. Huh. Good point.

Reactions:
"[...]primary successor inherits 50% of temporary opinion modifiers of subjects of previous holder".

Does it mean we will have the end of...

OF BLOODLINES AND LOYALTY - A SHORT SHORT STORY

Duke: Oh my king, you are my best friend in life! Thanks for pressing my claims, inviting me to carousing, and granting me more land i can work with.

King: Anything for a great friend! Our friendship shall last forever!

Duke: Sure it will!

~ King dies next morning during hunt for a wolf pack, young heir with"Kind" and "Just" traits rise to the throne ~

Duke: I hate this new son of a ***** king, i'll join two factions and a plot to murder that damn bastard!

Duke's wife: But didn't you liked the boy king's father like if he was a brother of yours? Will you go against his own son?

Duke: Sure i will!

THE END.

Reactions:
Thats.... actually a perspective I hadn't considered before. Huh. Good point.

They're not going to remove it. Once it's added, it's here to stay no matter how broken and pointless it is. See: decadence, seduction focus.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Yeah, but you can then forget about all the good stuff this expansion will bring.

The exp is an EU4 cross-pollination and mostly diplomacy focused. A major overhaul of diplomacy/adopting of EU4 features should have been cordoned off to the DLC so you can buy into that whole thing as a feature set (ie. CK:EU DLC).

The problem is the same thing with Retinues, which were part of the paid DLC for Legacy of Rome... and have become so part of the core gameplay for just about everyone. Yet, becuase it's a DLC feature, Paradox can't properly balance the base game or integrate it fully into the base game, due to customers not owning it and would be impacted by the changes.

Personally? I'd be fine if Paradox moved Retinues to the base game as a free feature, as long as they gave something as a freebie to LoR owners, even if it's a relatively tiny event pack, tweaked enhancements to Orthodoxy, etc.

The same thing happened with Viceroys, really.

Not really. Retinues are something people actually want. Most people were outspokenly not happy about Infamy when it was announced. For those people who actually want it, let them buy into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: