• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No China please, or my laptop will fry. I have a video card with 4GB of memory, I have 12GB of RAM and one of the best processors a laptop can have. Still, adding China would fry my gaming laptop. Even running GTA V, Oblivion and CS GO at the same time doesn't make my PC as slow as CK2 after a few hundred years.
Speaking as someone who used to use her laptop to play CK2 I'll just say you should -really- switch to a desktop computer instead if you can afford it. It makes a worlds difference on the performance. I honestly wouldn't recommend a laptop for any paradox game.

Reactions:
Shattered retreat is one of the most jarring and stupid mechanics in EU IV and instead of removing it from EU IV it now plagues CK II as well? -.-

Honestly by now I wish I could get onto the last patch before Charlemagne...you know...when the game was still good and fun to play.

Reactions:
Shattered retreat is one of the most jarring and stupid mechanics in EU IV and instead of removing it from EU IV it now plagues CK II as well? -.-

Honestly by now I wish I could get onto the last patch before Charlemagne...you know...when the game was still good and fun to play.
Look, if you want to be a true grognard you should've said before Rajas of India.

Reactions:

2.2 or 2.1? Because you can already, but complaining about something before playing with it is much more productive right?

Reactions:
I just hope that the retreats won't be too long. In EU IV your army can retreat by 1000 kms before stopping.

Reactions:
I just hope that the retreats won't be too long. In EU IV your army can retreat by 1000 kms before stopping.

Yeah, it never really worked in EU IV. It has become "somewhat" better, but they still retreat too far and it is also stupid, that nothing can stop them. Let's face it, shattered retreat is just a hamfisted way to prevent the player from stack wiping the AI too easy and too often, that is all the mechanic tries to achieve.

Reactions:
Levies reinforce in friendly territory.

I have really mixed feelings about this. It will make the game too easy for everyone. Can it be limited to organized empires? :confused:

Death sounds differ depending on age, gender and violency of reason for death.

Great! Those EU-Rome sounds for every death got boring years ago.

If there is ever EU-Rome 2, it would be amazing if you made such dynamic sounds there as well.

I hope they will make the infamy system optional, really hope that. I understand that there are people who really likes it, but also there are people who really dislikes it. So why to split the community with it. Go safe, Paradox, and make it just optional. For me it was a big deal, that you (Paradox) decided in CK2 to be without an infamy system. I always hated those artifical gameplay border like in Victoria1+2 and EU all parts, only because its more work to do to create a clever system to block down the player unartificially. I look positive to a coalition system and strongly hope it works independet from an infamy system, as this would make really a great sense. You become a big blob, of course others feel dangered, doesnt matter if your "infamous", and of course other will have interest to blob up as an coalition to be able to compete with you. I liked the concept in EU4 to build coalitions based on chosen enemies, that was a step forward, which has deep potential if greatly expanded in the future, IMO.

Reactions:
Is this going to be the final expansion? How do you know?

Well I mean come one. 10 is a great number to end with. On top of that they have two new games coming out in 2016/2017. It wouldn't be weird if they decided to quit releasing expansions for games that have been out for a couple years when they could be making dlc/working on more recent releases. Nobody told me that it was going to be the final expansion but considering all that's going on with Paradox right now (HOI4 and Stellaris) there would be little reason to continue releasing new content for CK2.

Reactions:
We did some bug fixing regarding the ai logic behind it.
Have you any intel on data base changes? Have the missing rulers in India been added for instance? Missing history in general? New scripted wars, dynasties, flavor characters like the Polo family and the family of William Wallace which you added with Horse lords?

We did some bug fixing regarding the ai logic behind it.
But did you actually add any sort of failure state where after X number of times being told no the seduction attempt ends and cant be resumed? Or at very least have so that after X number of failures the AI will actually take the hint?

Reactions:
Well I mean come one. 10 is a great number to end with. On top of that they have two new games coming out in 2016/2017. It wouldn't be weird if they decided to quit releasing expansions for games that have been out for a couple years when they could be making dlc/working on more recent releases. Nobody told me that it was going to be the final expansion but considering all that's going on with Paradox right now (HOI4 and Stellaris) there would be little reason to continue releasing new content for CK2.

No one from the dev team has mentioned anything like that though. You're making assumptions, which do not have to be wrong, but I'm inclined to think we'd hear about Paradox abandoning CK2 before it actually happens.

Reactions:
No one from the dev team has mentioned anything like that though. You're making assumptions, which do not have to be wrong, but I'm inclined to think we'd hear about Paradox abandoning CK2 before it actually happens.

Well they won't abandon it. I doubt that. I mean Victoria 2 just got a patch in December. If there's anything I've noticed about Paradox is that they take good care of their games that are popular. The dlc has to stop at some point though.

Do they still work on Sengoku?

Do they still work on Sengoku?

Sengoku was abandoned very fast. But it wasn't really a succes... I think they gifted the game away with Victoria 2... that shows pretty much how bad selling it was.