• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Ck2_Conclave_2_5_Patch-FINAL.jpg

Full patchnotes will be released with the patch...

Reactions:
Awesome!
When can we hear more about the Conclave Content Pack?

(yes, I realize that I asked this question before, but I'm rather excited about it)

Be patient :rolleyes:

Reactions:
Paradox I love you, please at some point make the save game converter (more) functional after this release as well. My boyfriend will only play Eu4 and I require the ability to convert my ck2 aztec europe to the start date to destroy him with ;w;

I've done some stuff but do you have any specifics that you need fixed?

Reactions:
Oh wow, this is unexpected! Yes, actually, or hopefully I suppose. The issue of development in provinces. I was assuming development being defaulted every time was a temporary measure until something that played nicely with Common Sense could be created. Is this not the case?
No that is WAD, it has never changed development, base tax, manpower, etc before and never been supposed to either.

Reactions:
Ah. I suppose I'll just have to edit it myself on my conversions then, oh well. Thank you for the clarification, in any case. Surely there is some merit to the idea that a very developed province in CK2 could appear changed in EU4 though? Or perhaps it's because the AI doesn't develop at a pace similar to players? I'm assuming you've done edits like that yourself on your CK2 --> EU4 AAR.

Yeah I did, I upped provinces for countries that I saw as "leading" in progress in some way or just found interesting. For instance the Duchy of Gascoigne got a big boost since they are like the main producer of innovation within warfare.

But reason why it doesn't convert is because the landscape in CK2 is pretty flat in comparison to EU4 which means the conversion would be flat. So I simply decided to keep the Eu4 values so the map stays interesting.

Reactions:
Sane time like usual.

Reactions:
Oooooh, how does the time of the inherited opinion modifiers work? If the father has a +10 for 10 years and a +10 for five years, what does the son inherit?

The son will inherit +10 (50% of the fathers value) for a dynamic time based on the son's age (longer if you're younger). The +10 decays linearly for it's duration.

Optimization didn't make it to the list?

We're always optimizing the game, otherwise it wouldn't run at all at this point. Most of the optimizations done for conclave is offset by the performance need for the added features. I don't think that is worthy of entries in changelogs.

What does "History is no longer executed if the player loads a save game" mean?

Aaaaaaand saw that was (probably) answered already after posting it. Still, would be nice to have some Dev clarification.

We've reduced the need to run the history only to throw it away when you're loading a save game. This was done to improve the time from starting the game until actually being able to play from a save game. On a similar note, the history is no longer run while clicking back and forth in the era picker, but instead run when you either move into the game or go to custom game start.

Reactions:
I have a list of very specific things to be fixed in thread linked my signature. And even have fixes for them. Actually how many of the issues from the thread was fixed?
Don't have a number but a few

Reactions: