• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
srkbrKi.png

Your Council Would Like a Word With You
New Crusader Kings II Expansion “Conclave” Coming Soon

The new year will bring new goodies from Paradox Development Studio and the team behind Crusader Kings II, Paradox’s best-selling and critically beloved medieval grand strategy game.

Conclave, the newest expansion for the game, will give your vassals some bite to go along with your bark, as the council that governs your realm will now demand some say in how you rule. Powerful dukes, regardless of competence, will require a seat at the table, and those left on the outside will be more likely to plot against you.

Keep your council happy, and the mighty vassals will resist the pull of faction and civil war. Dismiss their interests, though, and you may find yourself trying to hold together a council at war with itself.

Balance councillor skill and power to keep your dynasty safe and strong. Ignore powerful underlings at your peril, or simply buy their loyalty with favors. Conclave makes the royal council a force unto itself.

Other features of Conclave will include:
- Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws – or you can try to limit their power and influence
- Revised education system for royal children, with new traits and events designed for childhood
- New diplomatic system that prioritizes marital alliances and non-aggression pacts, as well as the possibility of coalitions
- Improved military combat model with a greater emphasis on morale, as well as new rules for mercenary companies
- And many more smaller changes including the usual tweaks to how the AI prioritizes its decisions.
So the choice will be yours; do you dare to challenge your vassals on their council at the risk of challenging them on the battlefield? Can you move your nation towards greater centralization and power without your advisors realizing how much they are losing in the deal?

Crusader Kings II appreciates the subtlety of court intrigue. Conclave will give you new avenues to test that skill.

Conclave will be available in early 2016.

More...

Reactions:
This looks interesting and different

Reactions:
This sounds like it could really be a step in the right direction for CK2, with more internal focus. Hopefully you'll be able to interact with these mechanics from the other side too, as playing as vassals could really do with some love.

Reactions:
I can't remember the last time I had a civil war, maybe this will spice things up!

Reactions:
This game only took 600 hours of my life until now, but I suspect that after this expansion that number will grow by a lot after this expansion comes out.

This is by far the most interesting one yet, and thumps up for the trailer as well.

Reactions:
Amazing! I hope it won't be that expensive though...

Reactions:
Ehhh! Sugoi!
Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 14.14.35.png

Now I've secured myself a place on the first page, I can edit in further thoughts.

Now, I was sort of worried about this coming expansion after the Dev Diary about coalitions. But this is good, very good. Stronger vassals and a more dynamic relationship with the council can only be a plus. Vassals badly need a way to hurt their sovereigns more.

I think these new features will mean:
1) No more council switcheroo where you instantly replace members with better skilled ones. Rightly so, this is a feudalism simulator, not a meritocracy simulator.
2) Perhaps an end to almost always educating your first two oldest kids yourself.
3) More rational alliances and better alliance building.
4) Maybe a possibility of palace coups? A man can dream.
5) Larger empires will now be much harder to manage! You can only have five council members at once, how will you choose?
6) Being a vassal might be more involved now. You could have a whole campaign without ever becoming a liege and still have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Exciting, looking forward to more info.

Reactions:
I'm not too fond of the idea of my nitwit dukes messing up my realm laws which I take generations to build to my tastes. They're bad enough without higher crown authority, constantly starting wars with my neighbors and leaving me to fix the mess they create with all the land they conquer, upsetting the balance of power I create in my empire to keep them from having too much influence and power to challenge me.

L'État, c'est moi!

Reactions:
Guys, don't forget to click on the "More" link! There are some VERY juicy screenshots there!

Reactions:
Very happy with the direction Paradox is taking this. Deeper gameplay is most welcome instead of expanding the map or time frame. Will definitely pick this up.

Reactions: