Crusader Kings II - 2.6.1 The Reaper's Due Patch - NOT for problem reports! [UUYR]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
huh, i was going to make some snide remark that they were releasing a new expansion before fixing the old one. but this generally fixes most problems i had with conclave. good job.

Reactions:
Fabulous patch. Have not had this much fun in CK2 in quite a while.

Particularly like the "customization" options. (I wonder how many of us are turning off shattered retreat? I know I am.)

Reactions:
Reactions:
- Split Northern Scandinavia off into a fictional kingdom (Sápmi), this should slightly delay the unification of the various Scandinavian kingdoms
- Added two new duchies, Finnmark and Sápmi

Thanks for that... it might delay the formation of the Sigurd Ring/Ragnarr Lodbrock's swedish blob a little...

Love the UI additions, game-play options, and performance improvements! Really great! Thank you!

I think this is the most positive thread I've seen about a patch/DLC in a long time. Perhaps ever. I'm looking forward to being able to play it in a week or so. (Unfortunately, other commitments keep me from being able to play much Crusader Kings II until the middle of next week.)

one question, does the sapmi kingdom dissapear and/or the old duchies go back to the old versions when conquered by norse characters? cause those duchies were weak enough without being permanently weakened.

I really like that you can disable AI seduction, but I feel like this wouldn't needed to have been added as an option if you just made it so CK2 characters were faithful to spouses that they actually liked! If my wife has an opinion of me above +30 then I feel like she shouldn't be so easily seduced by AI characters, unless they are attractive Master seducers. If her opinion of me is 70+ I feel like she should be devotedly loyal. The same applies to husbands, those thresholds could be raised by 10 opinion units if the spouse has the 'Lustful' trait (meaning the opinion of the spouse must be higher for them to have the same loyalty as a character who isn't lustful) and lowered by 10 opinion units if the character has the 'Chaste' trait. Those thresholds only apply to attempts made by others to seduce the character, if the spouse chooses the Seduction focus then the AI spouse can seduce others freely without considering these thresholds. Something like this would be cool, it would still make Seduction viable for the AI but be far less annoying and unrealistic. Perhaps another factor in the equation could be the relative status of the prospective seducer and seductee, i.e. it is easier for powerful nobles to seduce courtiers than for courtiers to seduce nobles, it is easier for Emperors to seduce Counts than Counts to seduce Emperors (or their first relatives!). I also feel like the relative status of the dynasty should factor in to this a bit too, but I'm not sure how.

This post ended up being longer than I thought. :S

I totally agree that more could be done with it, and having the option to turn it off is only an easy and boring solution, suggestions on how to improve seduction have been raised plenty of times before, and while the addition of the rejected modifier is great it also shows how spammy and illogical the A.I is. It's still disappointing how irrelevant status/rank is, I still get 16 year old princesses catching lover's pox, or being impregnated by, a lowly lothario count. Why can't fathers become rivals of their daughters known seducer? and vassals getting caught seducing their liege's family members should be charged with treason, why can't I arrest my daughter in law's lover? I shouldn't have to change to the intrigue focus to find an excuse to imprison them.

I'm glad they made some changes to the intrigue focus with this patch, although my +100 opinion spymaster still spread vicious rumours about my king?!
Let's hope they do more with seduction in the future, it has it's place, and I wont turn it off, but it still needs improving to be more realistic.

Royal family members need higher standards, stop falling for the realm's pox ridden casanova!

Reactions:
- Added more autosave intervals: every 10, 25, 50, and 100 years

Hahahahaha you've got to be goddamn trolling me. The interval I'd like would be 3 months. Every month is too much, every 6 months is OK but not quite enough IMO.

Who seriously wants to only save every 50 years?!

- Added more autosave intervals: every 10, 25, 50, and 100 years

Hahahahaha you've got to be goddamn trolling me. The interval I'd like would be 3 months. Every month is too much, every 6 months is OK but not quite enough IMO.

Who seriously wants to only save every 50 years?!

Someone who's doing a speed run, performance evaluation, and observation-only game, and someone who wants the autosaves to reflect a significant change.

"Even with the law that allows revocation and retraction from religious enemies, their religious brethren among your vassals will now still be upset"

:/ Not very happy about this...

Reactions: