Crusader Kings II - 2.6.1 The Reaper's Due Patch - NOT for problem reports! [UUYR]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Amazing job guys, thank you! It runs smooth as DEATH on my cpu weak notebook.

And so many options when starting the game... The balance of starting as Magyars seems to be just right. Amazing job, really.
One more thing and it will be perfect. Please, would it be possible in a future update to make us able to turn conclave education off? Council mechanics are great but raising children is an unbearably annoying TASK.

Reactions:
"Flanders is now properly part of France"

Noooooooo!!!!!

Just kidding. What a big list. Looks like I'm in for another marathon game that I might actually finish this time.

Hopefully in the future there could be an option to remove India without losing the other additions of the DLC.

Reactions:
Game is much better and became actually enjoyable for the first time since a very long time.
  • Performance was finally optimized.
  • AI got slightly smarter and bolder in execution of its goals, which is a very welcome improvement. My armies stealthily invaded enemy's land from south when it was involved in another war up north and sieged its critically important province. Plan was that AI will continue its stupid, but successful northern campaign with sieges and resieges of useless provinces and chasing enemy, like it would normally do, exhausting itself while my troops will get a foothold. Nope! AI immediately dropped everything, abandoned north and marched all its troops down south to stop me. Was quite unexpected.
  • Game rules are exactly what CK2 needs, whoever had that idea was right on the spot. Lots of useful options that can be tinkered with for optimal gameplay. Wish to see more in the future, primarily switch between pre-Conclave education system and post-Conclave one, or a mix. And option to have biting, crushing faction revolts, pre-RoI style.
  • Reaper's content makes game feel different in a good way. It actually feels like the world is dangerous and may kill you at any minute by random accident or in a small easy fight.
Needs some balancing here and there, like less frequent, but more potent illnesses. Currently it feels like hospital simulator and the person my character interacts most with is court's physician. Also everyone is going lunatic and possessed, right and left.

Overall though it is a great addition to CK2, milestone one probably. Definitely recommended.

Reactions:
Hey I just wanted to tell you guys that the UI changes while small make a huge difference, the dates on the temporary opinion modifiers, the different skulls for different kinds of death, the better death screen.

I smiled when I saw that clicking the tab for extra buildings in a holding also reveals the terrain and the sieging showing the composition of the army.

Really Paradox, props.

Reactions:
I like the looks of the game options. So many things that people have complained about can now be turned off. So the complaints that are constant, thread after thread after thread can now mostly be resolved, so long as your game is all patched up.

And it's nice to hear the optimization really is optimization. I haven't had trouble with my game since I got my new computer, but faster play is faster play.

Can you remove some options (regency, revolts) even in Ironman mode?

I am playing an England game and I like marrying my kids to my vassal's kids. But now it says "desires a better non aggression pact" I'm a king trying to marry my kids to earls kids. Is this a new mechanic or is it broken?

Last edited:
You have any setting you want, even run gameplay-changing mods, in Ironman. Do you mean to ask if the options are achievement-compatible?

Yep

I have a quick question about an older save I have. I made a short mod bout two months ago and played it with my old save about the same. It lets me have the adult age be at 15 and the adult portraits come in at 15. I notice it change the new checksum, should I be worried?

It shows at the bottom of Game Rules if achievements are disabled or not with a certain setting, after you changed it.

.... I made a short mod ... It lets me have the adult age be at 15.... I notice it change the new checksum,.

It should have changed the checksum before. Only music and graphics/interface dont as far as i know.

Reactions:
I gotta say guys, this is an amazing patch, and the dlc really have me excited to get into this again, its so interesting.Just a couple questions: Im using an old game btw, from the last patch so does this break things for me?

1. are free features inaccessible in existing game? i can see the out of realms reach/will join court icons(awesome) but i assume theres no way to toggle shattered retreat off now, any other features locked until i start anew?

2. cant take imprisoned countess ruler as concubine, have open slots. Just shows me her daughters, which ofc she declines

3. dont see option to boot courtiers or recruit prisoners. is there a special condition?

One thing I'm wondering though, in the event files it says this:
Contemplating mortality

narrative_event = { title = EVTNAME_RIP_21000 id = RIP.21000 border = GFX_event_narrative_frame_religion picture = GFX_evt_danse_macabre

only_playable = yes
capable_only = yes
prisoner = no

hide_from = yes
hide_new = yes

ai = no
min_age = 16
only_capable = yes
prisoner = no

This means that only the player can get the event to fire, but there is a Steam achievement for killing an immortal character, so how exactly are you supposed to do that?

One thing I'm wondering though, in the event files it says this:
Contemplating mortality

narrative_event = { title = EVTNAME_RIP_21000 id = RIP.21000 border = GFX_event_narrative_frame_religion picture = GFX_evt_danse_macabre

only_playable = yes
capable_only = yes
prisoner = no

hide_from = yes
hide_new = yes

ai = no
min_age = 16
only_capable = yes
prisoner = no

This means that only the player can get the event to fire, but there is a Steam achievement for killing an immortal character, so how exactly are you supposed to do that?
You can meet immortal characters during your quest for immortality.

Reactions:
I really like that you can disable AI seduction, but I feel like this wouldn't needed to have been added as an option if you just made it so CK2 characters were faithful to spouses that they actually liked! If my wife has an opinion of me above +30 then I feel like she shouldn't be so easily seduced by AI characters, unless they are attractive Master seducers. If her opinion of me is 70+ I feel like she should be devotedly loyal. The same applies to husbands, those thresholds could be raised by 10 opinion units if the spouse has the 'Lustful' trait (meaning the opinion of the spouse must be higher for them to have the same loyalty as a character who isn't lustful) and lowered by 10 opinion units if the character has the 'Chaste' trait. Those thresholds only apply to attempts made by others to seduce the character, if the spouse chooses the Seduction focus then the AI spouse can seduce others freely without considering these thresholds. Something like this would be cool, it would still make Seduction viable for the AI but be far less annoying and unrealistic. Perhaps another factor in the equation could be the relative status of the prospective seducer and seductee, i.e. it is easier for powerful nobles to seduce courtiers than for courtiers to seduce nobles, it is easier for Emperors to seduce Counts than Counts to seduce Emperors (or their first relatives!). I also feel like the relative status of the dynasty should factor in to this a bit too, but I'm not sure how.

This post ended up being longer than I thought. :S

Last edited:
Reactions: