Crusader Kings II - 2.5.2 OPEN BETA PATCH - NOT for problem reports! [checksum ZWDW]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"- Committing suicide now gives you a strong negative general opinion modifier."

I admit I am struggling to understand this one.

It's so his heir gets negative opinion. I'm sure it's to punish those who suicide so ensure a good heir inherits.

There may be some historic sense to it.

Thanks to all who responded - but I was trying more for the tounge-in-cheek aspect of the sentence. I understand what the intent is, it is the sentence itself I was attempting to send up.

The "you" in the sentence refers to the person who committed suicide. That is like saying "After you commit suicide, what are you going to do next?" and only a small step removed from "After the plane crash on the US-Canada border, where do you bury the survivors?"

I understand that what it meant was "Having your current character commit suicide will result in the current character's heir being subject to a strong general negative modifier."

Reactions:
THANK YOU!

Very disappointed you didn't tweak this awful, BORING alliance system... it's far worse than Bad Boy Mechanic.

Reactions:
Very disappointed you didn't tweak this awful, BORING alliance system... it's far worse than Bad Boy Mechanic.

They did...and it's not an alliance system.

Reactions:
"- Committing suicide now gives you a strong negative general opinion modifier."

I admit I am struggling to understand this one.

Suicide was and is a major no-no. If your predecessor committed suicide, that would reflect very badly on your whole family.

Suicide was and is a major no-no. If your predecessor committed suicide, that would reflect very badly on your whole family.

Not doubting you but are there any cases where medieval rulers were viewed as less legitimate because their father/predecessor committed suicide? Not counting cases where the "suicide" might have been an assassination of course. Actually curious here.

Suicide (via the depression trait) needed to be nerfed in a big way. Whether it's historically accurate or not doesn't matter. The things a player could do to exploit it were outrageous, and ironically, made it unrealistic what you could do with it! For example, let me just revoke a bunch of titles then kill myself. Then my vassals are like, "Ohh that's okay young king, we'll forgive you because it's not your fault your father revoked all our titles and was a jerk.

Reactions:
Not doubting you but are there any cases where medieval rulers were viewed as less legitimate because their father/predecessor committed suicide? Not counting cases where the "suicide" might have been an assassination of course. Actually curious here.

In Christian theology the suicide was treated as deadly sin (pun intended), because "God gave you life and killing yourself you spoil the divine plan (or so)". The same is for Judaism and (I think, but i'm not sure) Islam. Other cultures treat suicide as something very dihonourable, except situations when it prevent you from doing, or experiencing something worse.

Reactions:
Suicide (via the depression trait) needed to be nerfed in a big way. Whether it's historically accurate or not doesn't matter. The things a player could do to exploit it were outrageous, and ironically, made it unrealistic what you could do with it! For example, let me just revoke a bunch of titles then kill myself. Then my vassals are like, "Ohh that's okay young king, we'll forgive you because it's not your fault your father revoked all our titles and was a jerk.
Well part of your negative modifiers are passed to a child heir now so that plan is nerfed regardless of suicide.

Any change to homosexual chance?
Seems too numerous.

I was going to make a bad joke about the post below, but I googled it and it seems linked to the "Homosexual Ward" event. I vaguely remember that event (or something similar) being mentioned as a potential cause, so this could be the fix.

fixed capitalization in EVTOPTC38234

Here's the event text I found.

Code:
# Homosexual Ward
character_event = {
id = 38234
desc = "EVTDESC38234"
picture = "GFX_evt_child_play"

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "EVTOPTA38234" #Make the child fast to atone for its sins
ai_chance = {
factor = 10

modifier = {
factor = 9
trait = zealous
}
}
FROM = {
random = {
chance = 20

remove_trait = homosexual
opinion = {
modifier = opinion_mad_at_guardian
who = ROOT
years = 5
}
}
}
}
option = {
name = "EVTOPTB38234" #Try to beat it out of him/her
ai_chance = {
factor = 10

modifier = {
factor = 9
trait = cruel
}
}
FROM = {
random = {
chance = 10

remove_trait = homosexual
opinion = {
modifier = opinion_mad_at_guardian
who = ROOT
years = 5
}
}
}
}
option = {
name = "EVTOPTC38234" #S/he will grow out of it
FROM = {
random = {
chance = 25

add_trait = trusting
}
}
}
}

Last edited:
By the looks of my first game you might actually have fixed seduction and turned it into something reasonable. Clap Clap Clap well done I can use WoL without sticking forks in my eyes to dull the pain.

- AI no longer transforms matrilineal betrothal into regular marriages (and vice versa)

Yay ! That was incredibly annoying when I discovered that a couple of matrilineal marriages I'd arranged with my daughters turned into non-matrilineal marriages without me knowing about it.

- Buy favor can no longer be used on children

Not even with candy, lollipops or toys ? :p

- Imbecile characters use childish insults

Would that include "I fart in your general direction" ?

Wasn't there an entry about male characters impregnating themselves ? If so, Arnold Shcwartznegger and Danny deVito are now very sad pandas.

Reactions:
Do you know when the patch will be released in its final version ?

I bet the correct answer will be "when it's ready", so :

Do you guys remember how long the last open beta patch (WoL IIRC) remained "beta" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.