Crusader Kings II - 2.4.3 PATCH RELEASED - NOT for problem reports! [checksum WIUP]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing preventing you from playing ironman with mods.
Except a personal desire for achievements...

There's nothing preventing you from playing ironman with mods.
Except a personal desire for achievements...

I dunno, I play some modded and "cheating" games, but often for me I play ironman because i'm competitive. It's "beating" the game in the way it's meant to be played. I guess it's the same reason people crank up the difficulty in games. It's what's fun for me.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Steam betas doesn't let you go back to 2.4.1 or 2.4.2, trying to find a way to play those.

I'll second Aardvark Bellay - this is off-topic for this thread. This thread is meant to be about feedback for the current patch. Try tech support or the non-sticky part of the forums.

Reactions:
AI accept chances more precise when writing '+'
May I presume that this includes "-" as well? Does this mean that now the total number of "+" will be > than total number of "-" only when the character will actually accept whatever it is you are proposing to them? It's been a mild annoyance in a few places that you can have more + than - but they still won't accept -- the places that immediately come to mind are:

1) when there is a "prefers matrilinear marriage," it shows five minus signs but in my experience it must be counting for mere than that, in practic e it cancels out more than 5 +
2) similarity in marriage, I perceive that there are times when "desires better alliance" is creating more "-" than it shows

I hope this means that these will be accurate now. There have been a few times that I have wasted (got not effect from) gifts in these circumstances.

May I presume that this includes "-" as well? Does this mean that now the total number of "+" will be > than total number of "-" only when the character will actually accept whatever it is you are proposing to them? It's been a mild annoyance in a few places that you can have more + than - but they still won't accept -- the places that immediately come to mind are:

1) when there is a "prefers matrilinear marriage," it shows five minus signs but in my experience it must be counting for mere than that, in practic e it cancels out more than 5 +
2) similarity in marriage, I perceive that there are times when "desires better alliance" is creating more "-" than it shows

I hope this means that these will be accurate now. There have been a few times that I have wasted (got not effect from) gifts in these circumstances.
----- means basically that nothing will change their opinion if I remember well.

Reactions:
----- means basically that nothing will change their opinion if I remember well.
No, that's not true. For example if you get that in trying to do a marriage, if you change who you are trying to marry with to someone like your heir, it can change from no to yes, even if that negative modifier remains. So it is something < infinity -- you just can't tell what it really is.
Does this mean that now the total number of "+" will be > than total number of "-" only when the character will actually accept whatever it is you are proposing to them?.
Answering my own question, no this still does not work that way. In fact the if anything the problem now seems to be worse, not better -- I started playing with the patch and encountered this almost immediately:
QnTyyc8OUfBcdFl0QtVfjE220FS0F0MV6eKHvTxn8RRIXwn-SdCh3BuLE3b9nT1IUlWBORQm_cuBgg=w1648-h967

Steam betas doesn't let you go back to 2.4.1 or 2.4.2, trying to find a way to play those.

Did I miss something? Whats wrong with the current beta that's worse than the last?

I don't understand what you mean, that sentence didn't make sense to me.

He's asking why anyone would want to roll back to the earlier betas, given that the latest patch fixes some stuff and hasn't (apparently) introduced any new bugs.

He wants to be able to play the pope using some exploit that was closed in 2.4.3.

No, that's not true. For example if you get that in trying to do a marriage, if you change who you are trying to marry with to someone like your heir, it can change from no to yes, even if that negative modifier remains. So it is something < infinity -- you just can't tell what it really is.Answering my own question, no this still does not work that way. In fact the if anything the problem now seems to be worse, not better -- I started playing with the patch and encountered this almost immediately:
QnTyyc8OUfBcdFl0QtVfjE220FS0F0MV6eKHvTxn8RRIXwn-SdCh3BuLE3b9nT1IUlWBORQm_cuBgg=w1648-h967
Your image does not work. Also "-----" should stop any attempt, if it isn't I'm pretty sure that is a bug.

As a timelapser, one of these days I really hope they will fix the reconquista.

Status
Not open for further replies.