Crusader Kings II - 2.3.2 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum MMUR - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the marketing/description of the DLC said otherwise. Quote from paradoxplaza:

And it does, Vanilla Converter converts to closest EU4 religion. Also I think Nestorianism didn't become an Independent religion until RoI was released. It used to be a heresy.

My favorite part about the Paradox forums is when people quote store pages as if it were the Word of RELIGION_DEITY, yet they don't bother to read through the EULA and Terms of Use for the game they own beforehand. :)

A patch. Nice, thanks.:)

And it does, Vanilla Converter converts to closest EU4 religion. Also I think Nestorianism didn't become an Independent religion until RoI was released. It used to be a heresy.

Yes, it used to be a heresy until RoI. But when the decision was made to give it major religion status, then (in my opinion) it should be applied consitiently among all supported functionalites, including conversion. Anyway, I agreed with that there is no point to discuss it further, as it is just a single customer opinion.

PS. Sorry for removing the post, I did not saw you response, and decided that posting it was actually mistake, and move the quote to my previous posts.

Yes, it used to be a heresy until RoI. But when the decision was made to give it major religion status, then (in my opinion) it should be applied consitiently among all supported functionalites, including conversion. Anyway, I agreed with that there is no point to discuss it further, as it is just a single customer opinion.

Before Coptic or Ibadi was added to EU4 those religions were independent in CK2 but were still converted to Orthodox or Sunni. I am not going to treat Nestorian any different.
If you want it independent in EU4, complain on the EU4 team and it will be made independent.

Before Coptic or Ibadi was added to EU4 those religions were independent in CK2 but were still converted to Orthodox or Sunni. I am not going to treat Nestorian any different.
If you want it independent in EU4, complain on the EU4 team and it will be made independent.

I have done it already, but without any response from the Dev. And I understand why creating a relgion for a one province in game does not make sense for them, the benefits comes when you tak converter into consideration.
Anyway, I would like to appologise for continuing the discussion after receivng a clear message. I hope that my stuborness in presenting this opinion will not affect your view of other bugs that I have reported for converter (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829916-2.3.2-Converter-issues) and my feedback will led to improved experience for all customers (as intended).

Edit: Created an appropariate suggestion thread: for EU4 http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829947-Add-Nestorian-Asyrian-Christianity.

Last edited:
Awesome, finally I can start a serious game the currently remaining bugs aren't too game-breaking.

Say, are you aware of the "wife is immune to honorary title opinion bonus" problem and will it be fixed in the next big update? Gifts work, only honorary titles don't.

Awesome, finally I can start a serious game the currently remaining bugs aren't too game-breaking.

Say, are you aware of the "wife is immune to honorary title opinion bonus" problem and will it be fixed in the next big update? Gifts work, only honorary titles don't.

If there is no bug report about it already, report it and provide a save game where it can be reproduced.

Glad to see the Zoroastrian Missionary Malus finally got fixed. And I was also excited to see that you had made it so Nestorian would convert properly... until I looked and they were still completely identical to Orthodox, down to the icon, with only the name changed. It's a start at least. And how come the Jewish only have a +2 TTTF?

Also, I noticed that Muslims get PU's instead of vassals (despite the fact they can't legally get PU's) and there seems to be a vassal cap of four upon conversion (to test this, I killed Karloman before converting, and when I did I saw I only had four vassals. I did a second convert without killing him, and saw both of us each had four vassals, with three of his being ones I had in the previous game). So, to fix this, I would suggest having centralization affect how many vassals you get: 8 being at Decentralized and 0 being at centralized and moving at spaces of two between each law. I also say having Autonomous Crown Authority should give you marches, and Low give you regular vassals.

Still, great job on the patch and I look forward to being able to draft levies and then immediately disband them for my own amusement.

Haven't had time to test the patch very much yet, but did a conversion to EUIV from the CM start (using 2.3.2). Aside from the already mentioned Ibadi issue, there are a few EUIV provinces in North Africa that probably should be matched to CKII provinces (the EUIV provinces of Mzab, Touggourt, Ouargla, Ghadames, Jufra, and Fezzan). West Africa is a bit funny-looking with all the Sunni provinces as the area was West African before conversion (but that area tends to go Sunni/Shia without player intervention).

Glad to see the Zoroastrian Missionary Malus finally got fixed. And I was also excited to see that you had made it so Nestorian would convert properly... until I looked and they were still completely identical to Orthodox, down to the icon,
Couldn't come up with anytihng fun for them so that stuck.

Also, I noticed that Muslims get PU's instead of vassals (despite the fact they can't legally get PU's)
Its not that its supposed to be PU's its just represent their ties are more volatile to their vassals. Kinda trying to have my own version of decadence.

and there seems to be a vassal cap of four upon conversion (to test this, I killed Karloman before converting, and when I did I saw I only had four vassals. I did a second convert without killing him, and saw both of us each had four vassals, with three of his being ones I had in the previous game). So, to fix this, I would suggest having centralization affect how many vassals you get: 8 being at Decentralized and 0 being at centralized and moving at spaces of two between each law. I also say having Autonomous Crown Authority should give you marches, and Low give you regular vassals.

Can't be done or else you will go over your dip relations limit. Crown authority already decides if they get integrated or not.

Couldn't come up with anytihng fun for them so that stuck.

Maybe a +1 Advisor Pool instead of Stability? Many Nestorians occupied civil offices in the Chinese and Mongol Empires.

Its not that its supposed to be PU's its just represent their ties are more volatile to their vassals. Kinda trying to have my own version of decadence.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Can't be done or else you will go over your dip relations limit. Crown authority already decides if they get integrated or not.

I was more so suggesting that having a autonomous crown authority would literally translate them to be autonomous marches rather than just plain vassals, which I don't think it does (so essentially just move the threshold up). While I would like to point to 1444 France as an example of a nation that starts over their dip limit, I would rather like to ask how the game picks which vassals to transfer. Does it do it by the ones with the most land?

I would rather like to ask how the game picks which vassals to transfer. Does it do it by the ones with the most land?

I actually don't remember its over a year ago since I wrote that code. All I can say with certain is that it picks the four strongest vassals, what it bases that on I don't remember.

It was a tricky one so get back to me if it seem to be back or something.

I put in a few more hours today and it seems as good as ever, it got me passed the original problematic date no problem but this was a really slow creeping bug (40+ hours before it surfaced) however I'm confident it's gone, so good job and thanks. :)

I put in a few more hours today and it seems as good as ever, it got me passed the original problematic date no problem but this was a really slow creeping bug (40+ hours before it surfaced) however I'm confident it's gone, so good job and thanks. :)

Well it better work! The initial fix caused a major bug on all platforms so I had to do a hotfix really quickly before the patch got too widespread :cool:
But oh well thanks to that you guys got the lover break-up fix as well.

I see the bug where you become a tribal if you start with a mixed feudal/tribal demesne (e.g., Vladimir in 1187) hasn't been fixed yet. Any plans?

Also, Volga Bulgaria stays tribal forever, which is really, really inaccurate.

I haven't been playing CKII in a while now, so I may have missed a new feature. But I have been under a Jihad for about 5 years now, and the Caliph doesn't have any levies raised malus points. Also, he has been sending endless waves of levies; way more soldiers than I'm used to. At the beginning I was slaughtered because I was surprised by the amount of troops he sent at me. I've beaten the guy before, but know I'm having a lot of trouble defeating him.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374980299

1. Others have already noted that vassals can participate in a Crusade / Jihad / Great Holy War, and they may have substantial forces. (Look for example at how many troops you can raise as a Tribal leader who calls his vassals into a war).

2. IIRC, Great Holy Wars (and equivalents) do not incur levies malus by design.

I realize big bugs come first, but could you guys

1. Make holy orders gradually become more powerful?
Like they become more numerous and get higher tech progressively as game evolves.
Not sure, but does their tech stay the same?
Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

2. Make the Shia uprising more powerful
Haven't played for a while because of bugs but I don't think it has been addressed that the Shia never win anymore.

3. Make it so that religious uprisings of your same religion aren't hostile to you anymore
I didn't see any patch fix for this, and I've been looking them up religiously
:p
I make the pun

Status
Not open for further replies.