Crusader Kings II - 2.3.2 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum MMUR - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I compiled a (incomplete) list of reported converted problems that are still not fixed with 2.3.2. I hope it will help with development.
Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829916-2.3.2-Converter-issues&p=18711485#post18711485

Maybe I will be lucky and get a response for this question, so I will know if I should remove one bug from the list:
What is the rationale to require Sons of Abraham to convert Nestorian, which is main branch, to separate religion? Other main branches (except Ibadi, but confirmed as a bug) converts to separate religion without this DLC. I understand that better conversion of heresies is a bonus for a people that bought SoA dlc, but I think that conversion of main branches shall be vanilla feature.

Last edited:
What about old Mediterranean portraits? Some people would like to switch them back. If not there won't be an option to automatically change them, then perhaps manual instructions in a sticky thread?

I compiled a (incomplete) list of reported converted problems that are still not fixed with 2.3.2. I hope it will help with development.
Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829916-2.3.2-Converter-issues&p=18711485#post18711485

Maybe I will be lucky and get a response for this question, so I will know if I should remove one bug from the list:
What is the rationale to require Sons of Abraham to convert Nestorian, which is main branch, to separate religion? Other main branches (except Ibadi, but confirmed as a bug) converts to separate religion without this DLC. I understand that better conversion of heresies is a bonus for a people that bought SoA dlc, but I think that conversion of main branches shall be vanilla feature.

Doesn't exist in eu4 = dlc feature in most cases with a few exceptions where technical reasons prevent it like Judaism or Zoroastrian.
Besides if I make it a main religion more resources have to be applied to it like unique art assets.

Custom features means more work, which increases the maintenance costs, because they are the ones to mostly break when eu4 launches a new patch

Doesn't exist in eu4 = dlc feature in most cases with a few exceptions where technical reasons prevent it like Judaism or Zoroastrian.
Besides if I make it a main religion more resources have to be applied to it like unique art assets.

Judaism and Zoroastrian are DLC features. For the second comment - Nestorian will not receive get a separate icon? Other main branches have one.

Judaism and Zoroastrian are DLC features.

For the second comment - Nestorian will not receive get a separate icon? Other main branches have it.

Custom features means more work, which increases the maintenance costs, because they are the ones to mostly break when eu4 launches a new patch
You still need to maintain it for SoA owners, don't you? Also would it be possible to have it in vanilla EU4, as far as I know it it was still present in Socotra in 1444. And we get OPM theodoro.

Judaism and Zoroastrian are DLC features. For the second comment - Nestorian will not receive get a separate icon? Other main branches have one.

Yes I just said they were exception because of technical limitations. Nestorian is not a main religion in the converter.

Yes I just said they were exception because of technical limitations. Nestorian is not a main religion in the converter.

You are forgetting about all pagans religion. I look like Nestorian simply lack a love, because it is available for vanilla CK2 players. Ps. . Zunnist still do not have a custom icon.

You are forgetting about all pagans religion. I look like Nestorian simply lack a love, because it is available for vanilla CK2 players. Ps. . Zunnist still do not have a custom icon.

Zunist convert to Zoroastrian unless you have the old gods and reform them.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a 2.3.2 this morning, completely sleeping through the .1 patch. Regina's post made it seem like it wasn't gonna happen this week, so to those at Paradox, thank you for the quick patch work. :)

Zunist convert to Zoroastrian unless you have the old gods and reform them.

Clarification: Church of Zun does still not have a custom icon.

So if I pay for CK2 DLC + converter, then all major playable religion convert to separate religion: RoI = Jain, Old Gods = Pagan, SoA = Jewish. But if the religion is playable in vanilla, then no special treatment. I think that in price of converter, I should get same level of support for vanilla features as for DLC ones, for me that includes converting all Christian main branches to separate relgions, even if they are not present in CK2.

Antipopes for another patch then?

Until that fix comes, there is a little work around for that if you aren't on Ironman. Console to play as the liege of the antipope. Then switch religions to something not Catholic, and the antipope will disappear. Switch back and continue on as usual. You may want to win the depose antipope war first so you won't have to play whack-a-mole with the antipopes.

Clarification. Church of Zun does still not have a custom icon.

So if I pay for CK2 DLC + converter, then all major playable religion convert to separate religion: RoI = Jain, Old Gods = Pagan, SoA = Jewish. But if the religion is playable in vanilla, then no special treatment. I think that in price of converter, I should get same level of support for vanilla features as for DLC ones.

It has its own icon. Might be an error in the script. Jain and Judaism are not locked in converter because of technical reasons. They will convert regardless if you have Dlc or not. Nestorian stays as it is and that is final.

It has its own icon. Might be an error in the script. Jain and Judaism are not locked in converter because of technical reasons. They will convert regardless if you have Dlc or not. Nestorian stays as it is and that is final.

Ok, I removed the the line about conversion of Nestorian without SoA from issues list (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829916-2.3.2-Converter-issues).

Altought I still think that the people that have a bought only vanilla and converter (or get them from EU4 preorder) should receive same level of support vanilla features (including ones that playing as Nestrian), as was it is provided for DLC content. It feels cheap that my reformed slavic empire will get a separate religion in EU4 if I have Old Gods DLC, but people are forced to buy SoA to get separate relgion for their Nestorian Persia, created without mods, when they have invested into Converter to continue game.

For reference, description of the DLC from oaradox official website:
Crusader Kings II: Europa Universalis IV Converter enables the rulers of Crusader Kings II to continue their reign in the world of Europa Universalis IV.

This save game converter will bring the rulers, religions, cultures and nations of a Crusader Kings II save game to Europa Universalis IV, allowing for hundreds of years of additional gameplay.

This DLC requires Europa Universalis IV to play the converted save game.

Last edited:
Ok, I removed the the line about conversion of Nestorian without SoA from issues list (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829916-2.3.2-Converter-issues).

Altought I still think that the people that have a bought only vanilla and converter (or get them from EU4 preorder) should receive same level of support vanilla features (including ones that playing as Nestrian), as was it is provided for DLC content. It feels cheap that my reformed slavic empire will get a separate religion in EU4 if I have Old Gods DLC, but people are forced to buy SoA to get separate relgion for their Nestorian Persia, created with Vanilla.

Give it up man. You have made your point and the Devs said no. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.